Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Original Valors, blue and black, in 45. Black Valor in 10mm.

Wonderful guns!

Would like to buy a NOS Black Valor in 9mm and send it off to be re-fitted in 38 Super.

Winchester rifles and Swarovski scopes.
BP-B2

P
Campfire Tracker
Online Happy
Campfire Tracker
P
Originally Posted by Blackheart
Originally Posted by pacecars
I love DWs and have had a bunch of them and they have all been excellent especially the 10mms. I would not call them hand fitted though. Nice score, especially the Bruin
You guys that don't think they are hand built/fitted don't know what you're talking about.

They have pretty tight tolerances for the CNC produced parts and yes some are hand fitted if they dont happen to line up but as Dan Wesson will tell you, most do not have to be. So they are well built and have excellent machining to get them there but they are not hand fit in the manner of a custom gun which is what people think of when you say "hand fit"

Guns don't kill people, it's mostly the bullets
B
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
I love DWs and have had a bunch of them and they have all been excellent especially the 10mms. I would not call them hand fitted though. Nice score, especially the Bruin
You guys that don't think they are hand built/fitted don't know what you're talking about.

They have pretty tight tolerances for the CNC produced parts and yes some are hand fitted if they dont happen to line up but as Dan Wesson will tell you, most do not have to be. So they are well built and have excellent machining to get them there but they are not hand fit in the manner of a custom gun which is what people think of when you say "hand fit"

The frame/ slide rails are intentionally machined undersize and they are hand filed and lapped to fit. All other parts are hand filed/ground/bent/tuned/polished to fit and function including barrel's, bushings, thumb safeties, grip safeties, extractors, triggers, disconnectors.. The sights/dovetails are hand filed and driven in by hand. A tremendous amount of hand work goes into each and every gun. I worked for Dan Wesson for years and built literally thousands of guns. I know damned good and well exactly how they're built and I know just as well there's a lot of bullshyt passed off about it both from inside and outside the company. Quality does vary a bit from pistol to pistol depending on the skill of the particular builder.

P
Campfire Tracker
Online Happy
Campfire Tracker
P
My info came from Dan Wesson. I have had several of Bob’ guns from Fusion and the custom ones are way above the DWs. As I said I have owned a bunch of DWs both when Bob was there and after CZ took over. I had one 10mm CBob that I bought new that wasn’t fitted real well and a few parts fell off. Bob replaced it without hesitation and that was one of the tightest guns I have ever had. I will as that my info on the hand fitting is from the current people within the past year. They may have been just saying what they have on their website but that was the information they told me.

Last edited by pacecars; 06/16/20.

P
Campfire Tracker
Online Happy
Campfire Tracker
P
Anyway, didn’t mean to highjack the thread. Dan Wesson’s are excellent 1911s that I would put at the top of the heap of production 1911s and that Bruin is one hell of a gun. Slap a Holosun or RMR on it and rock on

IC B2

B
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
My info came from Dan Wesson. I have had several of Bob’ guns from Fusion and the custom ones are way above the DWs. As I said I have owned a bunch of DWs both when Bob was there and after CZ took over. I had one 10mm CBob that I bought new that wasn’t fitted real well and a few parts fell off. Bob replaced it without hesitation and that was one of the tightest guns I have ever had. I will as that my info on the hand fitting is from the current people within the past year. They may have been just saying what they have on their website but that was the information they told me.
Bob Serva is a huge bullshyt artist and if you trust anything he says you're an idiot. Of course his guns should be very well fitted. He only builds a few dozen a year. We had to meet quota's and build them as fast as we could to meet those quota's. We didn't have time to dick around. Also Bob has been building guns for a long time. Some of Dan Wessons builders haven't been at it very long and aren't nearly as skilled. Sounds like you got a gun from one of those. They always had a hard time keeping good help because they don't want to pay for shyt and were constantly losing people to other companies that paid a better wage. In fact, they lost one of their best and most skilled/knowledgeable smiths just a few years ago to Lowe's. He was a personal friend of mine who started out working for Bob Serva back in the '90's. That said, they also had some very good, long time smiths that could and did build an excellent gun.

P
Campfire Tracker
Online Happy
Campfire Tracker
P
Never met the man personally and he has always treated me fairly when he was at DW and now at Fusion. Obviously your mileage does vary.

B
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
Never met the man personally and he has always treated me fairly when he was at DW and now at Fusion. Obviously your mileage does vary.
He has bankrupted several companies now due to shady dealings. He still owes me money for gun work I did for him back in the 90's.

P
Campfire Tracker
Online Happy
Campfire Tracker
P
Sorry to hear that

G
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
G
I agree, Dan Wesson provides incredible bang/buck!

Huge quality bump over more common brand names, yet not crazy $

And while I love my Les Baer Premier II, its price is not justified over V-Bob.

Greg
stainless V-Bob w/aftermarket Maple burl grips
black Valkyrie w/blue g10s
older revolver

*All 1911 type pistols mentioned are in .45

IC B3

F
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
F
I stiil can't believe I haven't shot these yet!

O
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
O
Originally Posted by firstcoueswas80
I stiil can't believe I haven't shot these yet!

I’m feeling the same way.

F
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
F
Too damn hot out!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Just stick yer arm out the window of the air-conditioned truck and pull the trigger, ya wuss....

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Bob Serva is a huge bullshyt artist and if you trust anything he says you're an idiot.

That's an absolute fact & if you don't want to believe anything else in the thread, believe that.

Doesn't mean that the guns out of his shop aren't good.................but they are are not the end all, do all either. Just good.

MM

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I have a DW Heritage. You can talk price this, price that but l like to look at "Value" as well. IMO, the Heritage model is a top-shelf if ever there was.
Then again, I think my Springfield MilSpec is as well. Not near the gun the Heritage is, but its also half the price.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
I have debated on moving the Silverback. Ican't find another one for sale and they are no longer made.

They are no longer made because they are junk. I'd give it away if it were mine.

Would $500 cover shipping? smile

"An open message for all Democrats; "Look you are nothing and your work is worthless. Anyone who chooses you is detestable."
Isaiah 41:24 (HCSB)

N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
I have a Dan Wesson Guardian in .45 I'll be putting up for sale when my Wilson ULC Commander build is complete, delivery date scheduled for August.

Excellent pistols for the money.

“Factio democratica delenda est"
G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Very nice, congrats, the 1200 bucks I spent on a new DW Razorback 10mm was the best money I've ever spent on a pistol, ordered and had in hand five 10 round Tripp mags when the pistol arrived, what a combo, 200gr XTP's at an easy 1200 fps, and 140gr Lehighs at 1550 will take care of anything I should encounter in the woods or out and about.

I went with the Razorback over the Valor because I wanted to order the correct height night sights for the defense loads I'd eventually work up, plus, had a credit of 200 bucks at my 'Smiths, he put a hell of a custom checkering job on the front strap for me.

Trump Won!
F
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
F
Originally Posted by Seven_Heaven
I have debated on moving the Silverback. Ican't find another one for sale and they are no longer made.

They are no longer made because they are junk. I'd give it away if it were mine.

Would $500 cover shipping? smile

Yeah that would cover shipping. Now make an offer on the pistol too smile

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
708 members (160user, 12344mag, 222Sako, 21, 12308300, 22250rem, 69 invisible), 2,713 guests, and 1,285 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,621
Posts18,398,580
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.