Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by gatekeeper
I am considering a Christenson rifle, maybe a Mesa in 7mm Rem Mag. Anybody have any experience with these or similar models? I did shoot one, and it was extremely accurate. Just trying to get a broader review base before spending the money. Thanks.

I had a Ridgeline in 6.5 PRC. Mine failed. Extremely NOT accurate. It's an interesting package but I could not get acceptable accuracy from it. No load I tested would give repeatable 1.5 MOA groups. Typically it'd put 5 shots into 3-1/2 to 4-1/2 inches at 200 yards. Scope is fine .. a proven and re-proven scope. Maybe it just didn't like Nosler bullets, but that's what I bought it for, so when it didn't shoot them, I sold it and moved on.

I started out with the 140 grain ballistic tip and accubond, did a normal load workup with each with a couple powders, nada. With fired and neck turned brass in hand I switched to ladder tests for the 129 grain long range accubond with a few powders, thought I might have something, but when I loaded up 5 round to test a specific increment .. nope, the initial ladder hint was a fluke, not actual success, and was not repeatable. After a few boxes of those I switched to the 143 grain long range accubond and did it all again with the same result.

The only thing that gun ever shot reasonably well was the 147 grain ELD Match factory load. At the time I had it, those bullets were unobtainable online or in-store anywhere so I was not able to try handloading them, but they aren't a good choice for what I bought the gun for anyway so it's just as well.

I don't really see buying another Christensen rifle. Kinda "one and done", and since it was a failure, I'm moving on ...

Anyone who thinks there's two sides to everything hasn't met a M�bius strip.

Here be dragons ...
BP-B6

O
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
O
Thanks for replies gentlemen, my Rem 700 will touch Butler Creeks on a 3-9 Zeiss Conquest in lows.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by T_O_M
Originally Posted by gatekeeper
I am considering a Christenson rifle, maybe a Mesa in 7mm Rem Mag. Anybody have any experience with these or similar models? I did shoot one, and it was extremely accurate. Just trying to get a broader review base before spending the money. Thanks.

I had a Ridgeline in 6.5 PRC. Mine failed. Extremely NOT accurate. It's an interesting package but I could not get acceptable accuracy from it. No load I tested would give repeatable 1.5 MOA groups. Typically it'd put 5 shots into 3-1/2 to 4-1/2 inches at 200 yards. Scope is fine .. a proven and re-proven scope. Maybe it just didn't like Nosler bullets, but that's what I bought it for, so when it didn't shoot them, I sold it and moved on.

I started out with the 140 grain ballistic tip and accubond, did a normal load workup with each with a couple powders, nada. With fired and neck turned brass in hand I switched to ladder tests for the 129 grain long range accubond with a few powders, thought I might have something, but when I loaded up 5 round to test a specific increment .. nope, the initial ladder hint was a fluke, not actual success, and was not repeatable. After a few boxes of those I switched to the 143 grain long range accubond and did it all again with the same result.

The only thing that gun ever shot reasonably well was the 147 grain ELD Match factory load. At the time I had it, those bullets were unobtainable online or in-store anywhere so I was not able to try handloading them, but they aren't a good choice for what I bought the gun for anyway so it's just as well.

I don't really see buying another Christensen rifle. Kinda "one and done", and since it was a failure, I'm moving on ...

It did take a while to work up a load my buddy's rifle did like.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Well that is my last name... and all the rifles I have kept have been accurate..

the one's that weren't accurate, I sold to a democRAT....

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I have been eyeballing a Ridgeline for some time now. Anyone have one in 308?

It�s a magazine not a clip......

Advice is seldom welcome, and those who need it the most, like it the least.�
- Lord Chesterfield. 1750
IC B2

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
465 members (1Longbow, 160user, 300jimmy, 10ring1, 1lesfox, 257 mag, 45 invisible), 2,138 guests, and 989 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,596
Posts18,398,160
Members73,815
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.