OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
G

Retired cat herder.

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by g5m
Turns back the clock. Effect on Oklahoma yet to be determined...
The Indians and the lawyers are gonna make out like bandits.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
E
ERK Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
E
Save the rapist. Oh ya that’s a just cause. Ed k

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
We didn't take the Indian wars far enough when we had the chance

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

IC B2

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
The Indian problem we have to deal with up here via the Boldt decision is an unmitigated disaster for the resources. The immunity the Indians receive from the state has decimated our fish and game. I don’t wish that misery on any state.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Y
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Y
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
The Indian problem we have to deal with up here via the Boldt decision is an unmitigated disaster for the resources. The immunity the Indians receive from the state has decimated our fish and game. I don’t wish that misery on any state.

Same thing been going on up here for decades, but its getting worse. Total disaster...

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Can they be trained to slaughter pinnipeds?

At least then they could help the fisheries.

Last edited by AB2506; 07/10/20.
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by AB2506

Can they be trained to slaughter pinnipeds?

At least then they could help the fisheries.

They can and do shoot seals and sea lions. I was fishing a river one day close to Indian land when a skiff pulled up and beached by me. They had a rifle but no fishing gear. I asked them if they were hunting or fishing, they said technically they were doing neither, they were just out shooting seals and sea lions. If that’d been my reply I’d still be doing time in a federal penitentiary. I wish they’d shoot enough pinnipeds to make an appreciable difference in their numbers.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
I’ve been thinking about this and best I can tell, the biggest effect is a schitload more federal power.

I understand that on the reservations out west, this is already how it is. The tribes have control over misdemeanors that occur on reservations and the feds control the felonies. But, of course, Oklahoma isn’t a reservation. So that means that the Feds will have control over all felonies committed by Indians within the boundaries of the Indian Nations. Who are the Indians? People on the tribal rolls? Well, in Oklahoma that runs the gamut from people who look like the squaw in Josey Wales to my blonde haired and blue eyed sister-in-law. So, now I guess that if one of my nephews was to go to the lake In Broken Bow and get charged with a felony somehow, instead of dealing with the local DA and somewhat friendly local courts, he would be dealing with the Feds who overcharge everything and have strict sentencing guidelines removing a lot of discretion. Indians in Oklahoma are pretty integrated and are just average people.

So, once again, like most federal decisions, this one appears to greatly increase federal power and intrusion into the lives of average people.

IC B3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

185 members (19rabbit52, 10gaugemag, 30Gibbs, 345dl, 1_deuce, 264mag, 28 invisible), 2,681 guests, and 1,011 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,278
Posts18,467,637
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.