-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
I'm a firm believer that everyone has a niche in life. Something they are good at and can get results most if not all the time, and I believe I might have stumbled upon mine. From recent past results, I believe I have a nack for being a 'Rainmaker'.

'Proof is in the puddin' they say, so here goes. The old adage that 'washing a vehicle' will make it rain is somewhat true. It certainly doesn't hurt, but it's not always successful. I've found a sure fire way to make it rain. Just let me plow the garden..... guaranteed to rain within 48 hrs and set all the plowed grass back out. 4th time this year it has happened.

Over this past weekend, we had from 30%-65% chance of rain for 3 days. What did we get....... NADA! So the chance dropped off to 10%-20% and I washed the truck Monday. Then yesterday, I plowed what I could in the garden. So yesterday afternoon, it come a shower and then last night we got another 2".

If anyone needs rain, I am available. I work for free, but do charge for truck and tractor mileage, materials used, towing fees, room and board, etc. grin

Old Turd- Deplorable- Unrepentant Murderer- Domestic Violent Extremist

Just "Campfire Riffraff and Trash"

This will be my last post! Flave 1/3/21
GB1

W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W
I'll sure keep you in mind, what mind I have left that is. We could use a good soaker as soon as the hay is up.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I could use some about now!

Sometimes when very dry, I resort to building a Rain Turtle. Native American thing.

It works too. smile

I use upside down paint, then drive a stake through the middle to "kill" the turtle.

Learned that from an old surveyor who learned it from the Indians.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W
Hmm, smacks of a little superstition?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Wet here. Got another inch yesterday. And I’m not doing any rain dance neither....lol.

IC B2

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by Oldman3
I'm a firm believer that everyone has a niche in life. Something they are good at and can get results most if not all the time, and I believe I might have stumbled upon mine. From recent past results, I believe I have a nack for being a 'Rainmaker'.

'Proof is in the puddin' they say, so here goes. The old adage that 'washing a vehicle' will make it rain is somewhat true. It certainly doesn't hurt, but it's not always successful. I've found a sure fire way to make it rain. Just let me plow the garden..... guaranteed to rain within 48 hrs and set all the plowed grass back out. 4th time this year it has happened.

Over this past weekend, we had from 30%-65% chance of rain for 3 days. What did we get....... NADA! So the chance dropped off to 10%-20% and I washed the truck Monday. Then yesterday, I plowed what I could in the garden. So yesterday afternoon, it come a shower and then last night we got another 2".

If anyone needs rain, I am available. I work for free, but do charge for truck and tractor mileage, materials used, towing fees, room and board, etc. grin

When i had my Sporster in the first 5000 miles 3500 was in rain. The day i bought it i was in Bossier City. Before i could get to La1 it was raining. It rained all the way to Texarkana. It stopped raining a few minutes after we got home. I know how you feel Randy.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé
Grandpa:the road to hell is paved with good intentions.
Dad:son you have 2 choices for supper eat or don't eat.
W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W
Two tenths this morning, I'm thankful for that, we still need a soaker.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by wabigoon
Hmm, smacks of a little superstition?

Maybe.

I don't claim to know how it works, but I've seen it work enough to not doubt.

Gotta be careful. I use them sparingly.

Built one in June and we got 5.8 inches. Wettest month in over 2 years.

Before that, the last one I made was about 5 days before Hurricane Harvey got here. eek

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W
Barry, in 1967 were dry, I prayed for rain, we got rain, and rain, and rain.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by wabigoon
Barry, in 1967 were dry, I prayed for rain, we got rain, and rain, and rain.

Seems like we are either praying for rain here, or praying for it to stop.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
IC B3

W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W
They got good rains north of us. Of course, the old farmer loses three crops a year. laugh

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

582 members (160user, 10gaugemag, 10Glocks, 1337Fungi, 1234, 11point, 65 invisible), 3,043 guests, and 1,184 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,340
Posts18,468,698
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.