I
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I
Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by Ringman
Originally Posted by antlers
How many of their studies have you actually reviewed? I think you are regurgitating what others have said. Let's take the helium study for example. Tell us where the errors are.
While you're at it let us know why there is carbon 14 in EVERY coal sample, gas sample, diamond, and anything else with an organic history.
Every single “study” or ‘claim’ that you have posted by dishonest, deceitful, fraudulent, and disingenuous “young earth creationist Ph.D.’s” has been thoroughly debunked as the abject garbage that it is. And your response is to post even more of it. Shocker.

I used to read evolutionists. EVERY claim by evolutionist was discredited by another evolutionist. So the idea you would appeal to others instead of doing your own research reminds me you are appealing to your brainwashing.

Wrong. Nobody has refuted the reality of evolution in over one hundred and fifty years of testing. You certainly haven't.

DBT, trying to reason with people who believe the bible literally violates one of Jesus's commands: "Do not cast pearls among swine."

Don't blame me. I voted for Trump.

Democrats would burn this country to the ground, if they could rule over the ashes.
GB1

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by IndyCA35
Originally Posted by DBT
How many of their studies have you actually reviewed? I think you are regurgitating what others have said. Let's take the helium study for example. Tell us where the errors are.
While you're at it let us know why there is carbon 14 in EVERY coal sample, gas sample, diamond, and anything else with an organic history.
Every single “study” or ‘claim’ that you have posted by dishonest, deceitful, fraudulent, and disingenuous “young earth creationist Ph.D.’s” has been thoroughly debunked as the abject garbage that it is. And your response is to post even more of it. Shocker.

I used to read evolutionists. EVERY claim by evolutionist was discredited by another evolutionist. So the idea you would appeal to others instead of doing your own research reminds me you are appealing to your brainwashing.

Wrong. Nobody has refuted the reality of evolution in over one hundred and fifty years of testing. You certainly haven't.

DBT, trying to reason with people who believe the bible literally violates one of Jesus's commands: "Do not cast pearls among swine."

Ringman's been known to use arguments so bad that even the ICR says not to use them.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by Starman
Originally Posted by TF49

Oh well...here's another one: In Matthew 5

"11 “God blesses you when people mock you and persecute you and lie about you and say all sorts of evil things against you because you are my followers. 12 Be happy about it! Be very glad! For a great reward awaits you in heaven. And remember, the ancient prophets were persecuted in the same way."

Quote all the scripture you want
But Fact remains...

You still haven't verified any HATE in my post.

All that make believe in your mind is not
evidence or better still proof... so far it's
mere fantasy nothing more..

Subjective mind fantasy is of no real value.
You accused someone of hating, but cant
rationally back your claim.

I will chalk it up as another Christian with
another FAIL.

Starman.....

Nah, you know what you posted and why and then you got tagged. All you have done is what has been called "dispute transformation." You cannot defend yourself on the substance of the issue so you try to change the dispute by diverting to some minor issue.... in this case, you try to divert by focus on the word "hate" and thereby diverting focus on the real substance of the dispute.

Seems to be a commonly used by you when you are backed into a corner and can't find a way out.

Anyway, here is another for you.....

Proverbs 1:7

“The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge: fools despise wisdom and instruction.”

So, it has been served up to you...... should you respond, I would not be surprised if you focus on the word "fear" instead of the substantive meaning of the verse.

So, if you like, respond and will can delve into what "fear" of the Lord is.

Edit to add.... recall that this side trip is in response to your previous comments about Mr. Wabigoon.

Matthew 5

"11 “God blesses you when people mock you and persecute you and lie about you and say all sorts of evil things against you because you are my followers. 12 Be happy about it! Be very glad! For a great reward awaits you in heaven. And remember, the ancient prophets were persecuted in the same way."

Last edited by TF49; 07/10/20.

The tax collector said: “Lord Jesus, have mercy on me, a sinner.” Jesus said he went home “justified.”

I
Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
I
Originally Posted by jaguartx
HE loved us enough to sacrifice HIS son -the way, the truth and the life, JESUS CHRIST. HE gave all the way to obtain the greatest gift of all, everlasting life, if one would not reject it.

Can we explore this oft repeated quote for a bit?

Did Christ the Son even exist before being born to Mary?

If a thousand years is like a blink of an eye to God. Then the time Jesus existed in Earth must have been infinitesimal.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W
Jesus was there in the Beginning. "God in three Persons".

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
IC B2

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter
HE loved us enough to sacrifice HIS son -the way, the truth and the life, JESUS CHRIST. HE gave all the way to obtain the greatest gift of all, everlasting life, if one would not reject it.

If a thousand years is like a blink of an eye to God. Then the time Jesus existed in Earth must have been infinitesimal.

Jesus was both man and God (in union with the Trinity). Before he was born, he wasn't yet Jesus, but was God, and in union with the Godhead, from all eternity.

W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W
A lot of hair splitting going on here.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
"Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I am."

- John 8:58

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I believe He did. The phrase "the Word" (a translation of the Greek word "Logos") is widely interpreted as referring to Jesus, as indicated in other verses later in the same chapter. So, I believe that John:1-1 could just as easily say “In the beginning was Jesus, and Jesus was with God, and Jesus was God”.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
We DO know that the earth is billions of years old. Radioactive decay and half-lives are FACTS. They can be proven over and over again. Nuclear fission and nuclear fusion are FACTS. Uranium-lead and potassium-argon dating methods are FACTS. The logic of the quack pseudoscientific creation ‘scientists’...or rather the lack of it...on this matter is like them saying ‘there is no proof’ that linear accelerators work in treating cancer. Or that ‘there is no proof’ that controlled nuclear fission can produce usable energy, etc. Science makes their lives better and easier, every single day. From the clean water that they routinely have piped into their home, to the safe and plentiful food that they routinely consume, to the reliable transportation that they routinely depend on, etc.. ALL of it is due to science. In my opinion, these people discredit Christianity when they give Sunday school answers and explanations and rebuttals to real world questions and discussions. In my opinion, these people discredit Christianity when they demand things are a certain way, even though we have FACTUAL evidence otherwise. I see no problem with believing in God...and in particular trying to follow Jesus’ teachings...while at the same time understanding FACTS and TRUTHS regarding the world in which we live. In my opinion, these people clearly have a problem doing that.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
The fossil record was generated by Noah's Flood a few thousand years ago. There are literally trillions of fossils to investigate. And yet where are the millions of transitional forms?
How many do you need?

[Linked Image from i1.wp.com]

The problem with your picture is in South America the order was reversed in the fossil record.

Ringman...

You clearly reject the results of true scientific investigations that contradict your view of the Genesis creation narrative and instead support quack pseudoscientific creation science. And the abject dishonesty, fraud, deceit, and disingenuousness on the part of the quack pseudoscientific creation ‘scientists’ is clearly OK with you. THAT says a lot.

You have it backwards about who is accepting pseudoscientific information. That's why every year Ph.D scientists become creationists instead of the other way around. For years I have been asking for any Ph.D. creationists you know who have switched and none have been found.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by IndyCA35
Retrograde motion? Kepler explained it about 1600.

I figured you would know what you are talking about. And you don't. I see you didn't address the ocean.

Go drink a quart of sea water and tell us about no chemicals in the Ocean.

Do you believe in talking snakes too? Do you believe that if you make goats copulate while holding striped poles in front of them they will produce striped offspring? Hmmmmm?
[/quote]

You have any idea why evolutionists don't crow about the chemicals in the ocean? According to about any theory of evolution the earth and the ocean is millions or billions of years old. For decades the amount of chemicals entering the ocean have been measured. It takes no more than a million years or so and even less in some to reach the level the ocean has. Explain that. While you're at it maybe you would explain why there is debris close to the sun, which should be clear out past Saturn if the solar system is billions of years old.

You distort God's Word for your attack. The Bible does not talk about "talking snakes". It truthfully teaches about Satan taking the form of a serpent. Later in God's Word we are taught Satan disguises himself as an angel of light. As far as the goat thing. I think the story tells us what Jacob did. It is not telling us about animal husbandry.

Everyday Hunter
J
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye

Jesus was both man and God (in union with the Trinity). Before he was born, he wasn't yet Jesus, but was God, and in union with the Godhead, from all eternity.

Thank you TRH. Well said.

I was busy pondering why a whole slew of sharks at the same time started developing into salamanders and why they thought doing so would be advantageous to them since if they did become salamanders it wouldnt be them but only salamanders it would be advantageous to.

Ditto to a slew of dogs wanting to morph into cats. Now, i can see why cats would want to start morphing into dogs. I think anyone would rather be a dog than a cat. After all, dogs are mans best friend.

Dayom, now why would dogs want to become apes? It just doesnt make sense to me.

One thing that does make sense is that unbelievers cant comprehend they have a spirit that separates them from being common animals because, as GOD said, HE blinded them. They wont see the truth until HE removes the scales from their eyes.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
We DO know that the earth is billions of years old. Radioactive decay and half-lives are FACTS. They can be proven over and over again. Nuclear fission and nuclear fusion are FACTS. Uranium-lead and potassium-argon dating methods are FACTS. The logic of the quack pseudoscientific creation ‘scientists’...or rather the lack of it...on this matter is like them saying ‘there is no proof’ that linear accelerators work in treating cancer. Or that ‘there is no proof’ that controlled nuclear fission can produce usable energy, etc. Science makes their lives better and easier, every single day. From the clean water that they routinely have piped into their home, to the safe and plentiful food that they routinely consume, to the reliable transportation that they routinely depend on, etc.. ALL of it is due to science. In my opinion, these people discredit Christianity when they give Sunday school answers and explanations and rebuttals to real world questions and discussions. In my opinion, these people discredit Christianity when they demand things are a certain way, even though we have FACTUAL evidence otherwise. I see no problem with believing in God...and in particular trying to follow Jesus’ teachings...while at the same time understanding FACTS and TRUTHS regarding the world in which we live. In my opinion, these people clearly have a problem doing that.

"Usually, even a non-Christian knows something about the earth, the heavens, and the other elements of this world, about the motion and orbit of the stars and even their size and relative positions, about the predictable eclipses of the sun and moon, the cycles of the years and the seasons, about the kinds of animals, shrubs, stones, and so forth, and this knowledge he holds to as being certain from reason and experience. Now, it is a disgraceful and dangerous thing for an infidel to hear a Christian, presumably giving the meaning of Holy Scripture, talking non-sense on these topics; and we should take all means to prevent such an embarrassing situation, in which people show up vast ignorance in a Christian and laugh it to scorn. The shame is not so much that an ignorant individual is derided, but that people outside the household of the faith think our sacred writers held such opinions, and, to the great loss of those for whose salvation we toil, the writers of our Scripture are criticized and rejected as unlearned men. If they find a Christian mistaken in a field which they themselves know well and hear him maintaining his foolish opinions about our books, how are they going to believe those books in matters concerning the resurrection of the dead, the hope of eternal life, and the kingdom of heaven, when they think their pages are full of falsehoods on facts which they themselves have learnt from experience and the light of reason? Reckless and incompetent expounders of holy Scripture bring untold trouble and sorrow on their wiser brethren when they are caught in one of their mischievous false opinions and are taken to task by those who are not bound by the authority of our sacred books. For then, to defend their utterly foolish and obviously untrue statements, they will try to call upon Holy Scripture for proof and even recite from memory many passages which they think support their position, although “they understand neither what they say nor the things about which they make assertion.”

- St. Augustine 354 – 430 AD

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S

You have any idea why evolutionists don't crow about the chemicals in the ocean? According to about any theory of evolution the earth and the ocean is millions or billions of years old. For decades the amount of chemicals entering the ocean have been measured. It takes no more than a million years or so and even less in some to reach the level the ocean has. Explain that.

OK. Which chemicals are you talking about?

A wise man is frequently humbled.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Ringman...

You clearly reject the results of true scientific investigations that contradict your view of the Genesis creation narrative and instead support quack pseudoscientific creation science. And the abject dishonesty, fraud, deceit, and disingenuousness on the part of the quack pseudoscientific creation ‘scientists’ is clearly OK with you. THAT says a lot.
You have it backwards about who is accepting pseudoscientific information.
See what I mean...? Facts don’t cease to exist just because ‘you’ deny them. You asked for transitional fossils and TRH almost instantaneously provided you with some (because information about them is so easily found), and you denied them. You are a modern-day Pharisee. I truly think that people like you drive more people away from Jesus than Satan himself does. Morals clearly mean nothing to you. You give lip service to being a ‘Christian’ while supporting and advocating the very things that Jesus Himself taught against. Curdog4570 once said on here that you were the polar opposite of the great Christian apologist, C.S. Lewis. And he was deadly accurate.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T

I was busy pondering why a whole slew of sharks at the same time started developing into salamanders and why they thought doing so would be advantageous to them since if they did become salamanders it wouldnt be them but only salamanders it would be advantageous to.

Ditto to a slew of dogs wanting to morph into cats. Now, i can see why cats would want to start morphing into dogs. I think anyone would rather be a dog than a cat. After all, dogs are mans best friend.

Dayom, now why would dogs want to become apes? It just doesnt make sense to me.

One thing that does make sense is that unbelievers cant comprehend they have a spirit that separates them from being common animals because, as GOD said, HE blinded them. They wont see the truth until HE removes the scales from their eyes.

Why are you repeating that nonsense? You've already been shown that science doesn't propose any such things. If you are interested in this topic, why don't you actually study what science actually proposes about it, and why. There are endless sources for this, and you could avoid sounding foolish in these discussions.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

You take the "FACTS" by faith. If radiometric dating was valid a scientist would get the same date for a rock when broken in several pieces and sent to different labs. That is not the case. If radiometric dating was valid a scientist would get the correct age for a rock from Mt. St. Hellens as being too young to measure. But the rocks date all over the place. Explain that. While you're at it tell us why the rocks of known age from Hawaiian volcanoes never match their ages.

Everyday Hunter
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by smokepole

You have any idea why evolutionists don't crow about the chemicals in the ocean? According to about any theory of evolution the earth and the ocean is millions or billions of years old. For decades the amount of chemicals entering the ocean have been measured. It takes no more than a million years or so and even less in some to reach the level the ocean has. Explain that.

OK. Which chemicals are you talking about?

Pick a couple of your favorites. You will get the same results. There aren't enough for millions of years.

Everyday Hunter
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Ever heard of an evaporite deposit? How about a salt dome?

PS, tossing out something about "chemicals in the ocean" and then refusing to say which chemicals you're talking about is telling to say the least.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

Page 72 of 95 1 2 70 71 72 73 74 94 95

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

597 members (10gaugemag, 007FJ, 10Glocks, 16penny, 10ring1, 12344mag, 53 invisible), 2,289 guests, and 1,148 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,248
Posts18,466,936
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.