I'm also praying for a speedy recovery.

GB1

C
Cinch Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
C
As a grown man I can't even begin to imagine what this kid has been through the last few days along with the rest of the recovery in the future... He's been extremely accepting and positive through the whole thing. He remembers being on the horse and roping the calf but not much after that, understandably. His memory seems to be coming back with time though he's still got quite a bit of drugs on board and will for a while.

The surgeon checked him this morning and everything on that end was better then expected. He was evaluated by the head nurse as well as several therapists and they all gave him the green light. He will be much more comfortable at home where he can relax. No needles in his arms or alarms constantly going off. Nurses checking him every 2 hours etc.

I'll update his progress as I know you're all concerned. Thank you all so much!

Public landowner...
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Excellent news Cinch....

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Thoughts and prayers. Get well cowboy.

Just because you're offended doesn't mean your right.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Glad to hear that he is on his way to recovery Cinch.

Reminds me somewhat of a little boy we saw in the rodeo in Cody. He couldn't have been but about 10 years old or maybe younger. He was a little feller. The small bull he was riding dumped him and then stomped on him pretty good from what I could see. He lay there motionless
and I believe he problably got knocked out for a few seconds. The EMT's come out and its all quiet in the arena. His father came out to his side and this went on for a good 5 minutes or better. Finally the little feller is laying flat on his back and throws his thumb up in there air for the
"I'm good" signal. The place erupted in applause. He gets up and the first thing he goes for is his hat. His dad was trying to put his arm around his shoulder as they walked out of the arena and little man was having none of it.

First thing that came to my mind was these kids out here are tough. No Xbox or Playstation....just wrasslin' cows for sport.

IC B2

C
Cinch Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by Gristle
Glad to hear that he is on his way to recovery Cinch.

Reminds me somewhat of a little boy we saw in the rodeo in Cody. He couldn't have been but about 10 years old or maybe younger. He was a little feller. The small bull he was riding dumped him and then stomped on him pretty good from what I could see. He lay there motionless
and I believe he problably got knocked out for a few seconds. The EMT's come out and its all quiet in the arena. His father came out to his side and this went on for a good 5 minutes or better. Finally the little feller is laying flat on his back and throws his thumb up in there air for the
"I'm good" signal. The place erupted in applause. He gets up and the first thing he goes for is his hat. His dad was trying to put his arm around his shoulder as they walked out of the arena and little man was having none of it.

First thing that came to my mind was these kids out here are tough. No Xbox or Playstation....just wrasslin' cows for sport.

That's a great story... They said once my son woke up he was fighting mad. He sat up and spit the dirt out of his mouth and blew the dirt out of his nose. Stood up and walked to the truck and got in. His shirt was rope burned completely off. They already had the ambulance coming as he was knocked out cold for several minutes. I know it was definitely not the way it should have happened, but a bunch of cowboys with no medical training whatsoever didn't know any better. I'm glad they were there to save him and get him out of the mess he was in. And at least one of them had the sense to call the ambulance. It all could have easily been much worse...

Public landowner...
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Unreal. PTL. Thank you Father in Heaven!

Scarey.

Last edited by jaguartx; 07/09/20.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
I worked as a paramedic for 14 years. I saw many, many severe head injuries, not many rodeo injuries we didn't have a rodeo in Baldwin Co. Georgia. Mostly car wrecks and baseball bat assault.
Good God! Your son has a bad skull fracture.

Damn. He is lucky even to be alive. Looks like he got some great medical care. What a tough kid.
Y'all hang in there looks like this is one Tough Cowboy.

By the way, I lived for a year in eastern Washington near the Idaho line. I went one time to a rodeo, hell I didn't even know that rodeos still existed.
The guy on the loudspeaker said they would pay $25 for any man who would ride the bareback bronco bull.
I was 6-3 and 205, I was in great shape from loading hay bales. I must say I was a pretty tough young man. 26 years old.
And all the guys were pushing me to get up and ride the bull.

I said "Hell no do you think I am crazy?" Damn that looked like some dangerous stuff. I have flown hang gliders, I have parachuted from a Cessna, I have volunteered for some dangerous stuff but I wouldn't touch that rodeo stuff with a ten foot pole.

I admire courage wherever I find it, because it is such a rare thing these days. I admire any of y'all who have the guts to ride the rodeo. Hats off to the rodeo Boys!!

Best wishes to your brave son I bet he will make a full recovery. Looks like some great medical care.

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Glad to hear he's home. You and the rest of the family be sure to take care of yourselves too.

Dale

This space for rent

T
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
T
Dang it Cinch - wishing your son a speedy recovery. That was a tough lick for sure. Glad he got to go home so soon. I can tell you I've worked countless head of cattle and wildlife, including wild mature bull elk in hard antler, and the very worse I ever had my ass handed to me was by an Angus bull calf I had healed and the head rope slipped. I was off the horse headed to him when the head rope slipped. He came straight at me and 500 lbs knocked me through a steel gate. All I remember was seeing him go over me with my rope still on him. Something about those black cattle that makes them Devils when a rope goes on them.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Cinch
Well he made such great progress they sent him home this afternoon. This is great as he will be much more comfortable there where he can relax. He’s out of the danger zone but many months of recovery ahead. Thank you all again for the encouragement and support...

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Great News! Prayers on the way for a quick and full recovery.

Member: Clan of the Turdlike People.

Courage is Fear that has said its Prayers

�If we ever forget that we are one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under.� Ronald Reagan.

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Cinch,
We are pulling for him here and hoping for a full recovery. OUCH.

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Prayers sent for your son and his healing.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

“Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness.”
ISAIAH 41:10
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
So glad to hear the positive reports Cinch. As I said before, these guys take it very hard when one of our brethern is hurting. When one hurts, we all hurt, and the prayers do help. Here's to the hope he continues on a steady path to recovery. More prayers sent from Minnesota.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Great to hear that he is doing so well, prayers for continued recovery!

FJB & FJT
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Good to know he is home. I will continue to pray for his recovery.

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Just noticed this thread.

All in all, a very fortunate young man. So proud he is recovering well.

I know its probably harder on the father than the son. Prayers for you all.

Mamma's don't let your baby grow up to be cowboys!

C
Cinch Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
C
He had a very good night being home. He really wants to be able to lay flat but with the swelling and drainage they have him sitting up. Went 9 hours instead of 6 on his pain meds. Trying to keep the visitors etc to a minimum. I know he’s going to hate the downtime especially when he’s feeling better but he has many months of it ahead. Very thankful that things weren’t worse.

Public landowner...
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Glad your son is recovering. Prayers sent.

Might want to rethink his Colorado t-shirt. He's too tough for Colorado.

For even when we were with you, we gave you this rule: "If a man will not work, he shall not eat."

2 Thessalonians 3:10
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by aalf

Excellent news Cinch....

smile

Yes, THIS !!

Most excellent.

Paul.

"Kids who grow up hunting, fishing & trapping, do not mug little old Ladies"
Page 8 of 10 1 2 6 7 8 9 10

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

318 members (22kHornet, 01Foreman400, 12344mag, 160user, 2500HD, 10Glocks, 29 invisible), 2,603 guests, and 950 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,281
Posts18,467,740
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.