Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
D
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
D
At least among whites. Look around and see how many successful people of color there are. Look around and see how many of them you see intermixed with groups of whites.

I think what many label racism, the rest of us just call “Statistical truth”. It has nothing to do with a how you view a person’s appearance so much as how that person behaves in general or as a culture or society. The fact that they all happen to share certain racial traits is beside the point. It’s their behavior in general that makes them undesirable as a neighbor or friend. But take someone from that particular group who shares similar behavioral traits as another group and 99% of the time they will be accepted.

Most certainly this is true among whites despite the constant propaganda saying the opposite.

BP-B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
This is true.

George Orwell was a Prophet, not a novelist. Read 1984 and then look around you!

Old cat turd!

"Some men just need killing." ~ Clay Allison.

I am too old to fight but I can still pull a trigger. ~ Me

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
There is systematic racism. It's against Whites. Been that way, and continuing to get worse, since the 1960s.

Take a White kid and a black kid in high school with exactly the same grades. Let's say both have a 4.0 GPA after their Junior year, taking the exact same curriculum. Same extracurricular experiences, etc.. Now both apply to the same Ivy League school. Which is getting in?

Same for hiring and advancement.

D
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
There is systematic racism. It's against Whites. Been that way, and continuing to get worse, since the 1960s.

Take a White kid and a black kid in high school with exactly the same grades. Let's say both have a 4.0 GPA after their Junior year, taking the exact same curriculum. Same extracurricular experiences, etc.. Now both apply to the same Ivy League school. Which is getting in?

Same for hiring and advancement.

Totally agree. Thanks, I should’ve pointed that out.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
They want to smoke weed/crack/meth, not do anything, no work, steal and not be punished and have 'rich' people pay for their lifestyle. That's all it is.

IC B2

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
George Floyd wouldn’t have been welcome in a country club, and neither is a hillbilly like me. Race has nothing to do with it.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
I played golf quite a few years in three states. Tiger Woods had never played any of the courses I played. Must have been racism. I went to university and was on the Dean's list, while qualifying for different 4 year degrees, all in 3 years. Must have been racism. I've never been to prison. Must be racism. I have a family and live a middle class lifestyle. Must be racism.

Then again, Tiger would never play at the schittholes where I golfed. There were non-whites that did just as well as I did at university. I've been arrested, and I learned my lesson. I made good decisions and avoided lots of bad ones. Seems to me what is called "systemic racism" is the inability of some (most) non-whites to exercise impulse control, or to learn from their experiences, or to make good decisions. There are real differences between groups that go far beyond skin color, or eye color, or hair type or color. There are genetic differences in the brains of these groups. There are endlessly verifiable IQ differences that have nothing to do with socioeconomic status. There are differences in behaviors that are considered socially acceptable (though popular culture has shifted this quite a bit in the last few generations) among distinct groups.

I belong on eroding granite, among the pines.
RAS Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
This whole charade is done for the purpose of creating hate and division among people. That division serves a valuable political purpose for some groups.

"...aspire to live quietly, and to mind your own affairs, and to work with your hands, as we instructed you, so that you may walk properly before outsiders and be dependent on no one." - Paul to the church in Thessalonica.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by T LEE
This is true.

Most certainly.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by HuntnShoot
I played golf quite a few years in three states. Tiger Woods had never played any of the courses I played. Must have been racism. I went to university and was on the Dean's list, while qualifying for different 4 year degrees, all in 3 years. Must have been racism. I've never been to prison. Must be racism. I have a family and live a middle class lifestyle. Must be racism.

Then again, Tiger would never play at the schittholes where I golfed. There were non-whites that did just as well as I did at university. I've been arrested, and I learned my lesson. I made good decisions and avoided lots of bad ones. Seems to me what is called "systemic racism" is the inability of some (most) non-whites to exercise impulse control, or to learn from their experiences, or to make good decisions. There are real differences between groups that go far beyond skin color, or eye color, or hair type or color. There are genetic differences in the brains of these groups. There are endlessly verifiable IQ differences that have nothing to do with socioeconomic status. There are differences in behaviors that are considered socially acceptable (though popular culture has shifted this quite a bit in the last few generations) among distinct groups.

Good post.

IC B3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
777 members (12344mag, 10gaugemag, 007FJ, 160user, 10ring1, 10gaugeman, 88 invisible), 3,134 guests, and 1,271 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,708
Posts18,400,128
Members73,820
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.