Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
RDW Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
....but good at the same time, this is the day. A picture of me and my girlfriend popped up on FB that I had no clue even existed. All I had were great memories of this beautiful, super sweet, soft spoken girl that went from friend to girlfriend instantly the night of this photo, and tragically ended months later to suicide. That big smile and those eyes were hiding incredible pain that I could not see or feel. And now, 36 years later I feel exactly the same, if I had just had a clue....

[Linked Image from live.staticflickr.com]

Dave

GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Sorry for your loss.

RAS Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Nothing makes it ok, but what was her issue?

We need everyone we can get. I have only known one suicide person. That is plenty enough.

Sorry to read this but it reminds us all.

Note to everyone: if you see a sign,, no matter how remote, get involved.

"...aspire to live quietly, and to mind your own affairs, and to work with your hands, as we instructed you, so that you may walk properly before outsiders and be dependent on no one." - Paul to the church in Thessalonica.

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
My hunting buddy, lived four doors down the street killed himself a few years back. Nobody had a clue that he would ever do that. Apparently was financial issues.
I think about him often.

NRA Patron
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Sorry RDW.
So many have 'hidden' issues we never see or know until it's too late.

FJB & FJT
IC B2

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by RDW
....but good at the same time, this is the day. A picture of me and my girlfriend popped up on FB that I had no clue even existed. All I had were great memories of this beautiful, super sweet, soft spoken girl that went from friend to girlfriend instantly the night of this photo, and tragically ended months later to suicide. That big smile and those eyes were hiding incredible pain that I could not see or feel. And now, 36 years later I feel exactly the same, if I had just had a clue....

[Linked Image from live.staticflickr.com]

RDW,

That big smile and those eyes were there because she was with you, you brought her joy, and her heart was light, and filled with happiness, not pain.

In a life filled with pain, unhappiness, and turmoil, that precious time with you, that made her feel the way she was feeling in that picture, was the most precious gift you could have ever given her. She felt safe, secure, above all that troubled her.

Her smile says it all, and your smile says everything she needed it to say and more.

Sometimes the truth is, we could only do what we were doing at the time we did it, because, in the big scheme of things, we were never blessed with superpowers to control the world and the lives, and thoughts, and actions, of those that mean the world to us. Sad, but so very true.

You cared for, and about her, your feeling of helplessness says you still care to this very day, she left a legacy of love in your heart and that in itself is an amazing tribute to her and her life, and an amazing testament to you, and the good man you were, and are.

If all I hear is true about Heaven, she is watching down on you each day, smiling, and watching for your smile, to make her day just a little bit sweeter the way you did in that picture.

Miss Lynn

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by RDW
That big smile and those eyes were hiding incredible pain that I could not see or feel. And now, 36 years later I feel exactly the same, if I had just had a clue....

Unfortunately, seems so many suicide victims mask their depression too well, so as to not burden loved ones, but in the end, hurt them the most.

Tragically, earlier this week an hour north of here, a 10 year old girl walked away from home, swallowed some pills, and died in a corn field.

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Well Damn!

Trump Won!
RDW Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
The irony is I am no more then 4 miles from her neighborhood in Houston right now, to pick up my motorcycle at the shop that was finished yesterday. In a way I wish the photo never surfaced, maybe that will change over time, I have not been to sleep. I appreciate the thoughts and comments.

Dave

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Miss_Lynn

RDW,
That big smile and those eyes were there because she was with you, you brought her joy, and her heart was light, and filled with happiness, not pain.

In a life filled with pain, unhappiness, and turmoil, that precious time with you, that made her feel the way she was feeling in that picture, was the most precious gift you could have ever given her. She felt safe, secure, above all that troubled her.

Her smile says it all, and your smile says everything she needed it to say and more.

Sometimes the truth is, we could only do what we were doing at the time we did it, because, in the big scheme of things, we were never blessed with superpowers to control the world and the lives, and thoughts, and actions, of those that mean the world to us. Sad, but so very true.

You cared for, and about her, your feeling of helplessness says you still care to this very day, she left a legacy of love in your heart and that in itself is an amazing tribute to her and her life, and an amazing testament to you, and the good man you were, and are.

If all I hear is true about Heaven, she is watching down on you each day, smiling, and watching for your smile, to make her day just a little bit sweeter the way you did in that picture.
Miss Lynn

Wow Miss Lynn, very astute and encouraging.

Sorry RDW for your pain.

LOL
IC B3

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Mornin RDW, so sorry for your loss. My step brother was taken away like that, years ago. Not very encouraging but you will go through the rest of your life with, why, were, what for, how come, could I have helped, did I do anything that may have caused this!!!!! Deal with it the best you can, if it's really hard on your mind get some counselling!!! IT WASNT YOU, & Miss Lynn put it very much in perspective with her insight. Good luck. Bill out. 🐾👣🐾👣🇨🇦

RDW Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
GWPGUY, I am sorry for your loss, I did become at peace with losing her and would have never thought seeing this picture of us decades later would take me straight back to 1984 and my knees out from under me. I have not slept since Wednesday, lost my damn wallet test riding my motorcycle before trailering it home and it's just seems like a truck fell on me. This is just a momentary setback and I am not losing the photo.

Dave

RDW Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Miss_Lynn
[quote=RDW]

RDW,

Miss Lynn

Thank you ma'am!

Dave

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Tragic, I lost another good friend a few years ago. My hunting partners son. I've hunted with his dad since before he was born and then hunted with both of them as he grew up.

Great kid in his twenties and had a 4 year old son but did anyways. His parents knew he was upset about the ex wife, his sons mom, but he assured them he was OK and wouldn't do anything stupid. The ex pushed and pushed him and he got into an incredibly dark place and did it.

Depression can be a deadly disease, tough to understand. His dad said the worst thing about suicide is that it doesn't end any pain, it just transfers your pain to those around you. A good reminder to get help if you're really down.

Sorry for all the lives cut short by suicide. Times like now are good times to check in on friends and family and have a good conversation and a laugh or two. Lots of underlying stress and worry out there and people feeling alone.

Bb

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

136 members (44mc, 7887mm08, 007FJ, 7mm_Loco, 10gaugemag, 13 invisible), 1,454 guests, and 790 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,599
Posts18,454,574
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.