-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Was living in Coconut Grove during the early months in my new job in ATC and as December rolled around I went shopping. Found something I thought my parents would like and purchased it for about $5.00.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

They got a few chuckles out of it, and it remained on display for the rest of their time on this earth. I thought it to be in remarkably good condition, all things considered.

And I guess I'm racist.

DD

PS: I'd do it all over again.

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

GB1

K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
Probably Snoop dog rap... the original version... get's them bitches tweerk'n and all...

Kent

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I miss not being able to buy my Mom and Dad presents anymore.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
The Steve Austin six million dollar man action figure my aunt and uncle gave me back then was pretty cool too. I don't have that any more, tho.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
My parents scraped up enough cash to buy my older brother and me a Coleco Telstar that Christmas. Had to turn the TV dial to UHF and flip the switch on the inline converter that came with the game. When it was left on, my dad would use the remote to switch it back when he wanted to watch Cronkite. I was the remote.

“......and that’s the way it is.”

-WC

“When debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser.”
- Socrates
IC B2

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
Christmas 1976

The year of the Bicentennial. Found my first long package under the Christmas tree that year, .410 single shot. Went out with dad to shoot it Christmas morning. Used to drool over the Remington catalogs that kids would bring to school. Fond memories of hunting rabbits with my brother and father. They are gone now but I still have that .410

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Things were tough then.. I remember how grateful us kids were that dad was able to get a box of Corn Flakes for the whole family. We each got a bowl of cereal for breakfast and split 2 baked potatoes. We all hoped that next year we could afford milk for the cereal.

Originally Posted by RJY66

I was thinking the other day how much I used to hate Bill Clinton. He was freaking George Washington compared to what they are now.
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
In 1976, the year I was due to graduate high school, I quit with 3 months to go. Worked a local job until July 16, 1979 when I hired on with Houston Lighting & Power. That anniversary, next week, will mark 42 years of service at age 62, that’s long enough. Retiring in a few months.

"I never thought I'd live to see the day that a U.S. president would raise an army to invade his own country."
Robert E. Lee
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by DigitalDan
Was living in Coconut Grove during the early months in my new job in ATC and as December rolled around I went shopping. Found something I thought my parents would like and purchased it for about $5.00.

They got a few chuckles out of it, and it remained on display for the rest of their time on this earth. I thought it to be in remarkably good condition, all things considered.

And I guess I'm racist.

DD

PS: I'd do it all over again.

Not a lot of folks have ever seen or know what a roll record is.

"I never thought I'd live to see the day that a U.S. president would raise an army to invade his own country."
Robert E. Lee
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Very cool, and interesting. Even without the thing to play it. Isn't that the very first form of recorded music that was available to the masses? Before flat vinyl records?

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Yes it was available to all.

[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Saw lots of that kind of stuff on a visit to Edison's laboratorys in Menlo Park, NJ.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Nice tube.

Had a few of those before someone offered me nice money for them.

In 76 i was living in Houston and it was hot as hell that year and the humidity sucked.

The only break came when the tropical storms dumped inches of water at one time.

Then the process started all over again.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Reloder28

Not a lot of folks have ever seen or know what a roll record is.

I'm one of them.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
N
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
N
I was in 1st grade. I don't remember much about that Christmas, but I know that winter was one of the worst we had in decades. I know that at one point the police department brought my dad ( a doctor) to work on a snowmobile.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

68 members (160user, 41rem, Akhutr, 10gaugemag, 808outdoors, 9 invisible), 1,057 guests, and 733 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,220
Posts18,447,490
Members73,899
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.