Print Thread
Hop To
Page 73 of 95 1 2 71 72 73 74 75 94 95
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by antlers
Ringman...

You clearly reject the results of true scientific investigations that contradict your view of the Genesis creation narrative and instead support quack pseudoscientific creation science. And the abject dishonesty, fraud, deceit, and disingenuousness on the part of the quack pseudoscientific creation ‘scientists’ is clearly OK with you. THAT says a lot.
Originally Posted by Ringman
You have it backwards about who is accepting pseudoscientific information.
See what I mean...? Facts don’t cease to exist just because ‘you’ deny them. You asked for transitional fossils and TRH almost instantaneously provided you with some (because information about them is so easily found), and you denied them. You are a modern-day Pharisee. I truly think that people like you drive more people away from Jesus than Satan himself does. Morals clearly mean nothing to you. You give lip service to being a ‘Christian’ while supporting and advocating the very things that Jesus Himself taught against. Curdog4570 once said on here that you were the polar opposite of the great Christian apologist, C.S. Lewis. And he was deadly accurate.

He should have found one that was not refutes so easily.
Jesus believed Moses. Jesus says, "Do not think I will accuse you before the Father; the one who accuses you is Moses, in whom yo have set your hope. For if you believed Moses, you would believe Me; for he wrote of Me. But if yo do not believe his Writings how will you believe My Words?" Moses wrote Genesis.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
GB1

J
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by jaguartx

I was busy pondering why a whole slew of sharks at the same time started developing into salamanders and why they thought doing so would be advantageous to them since if they did become salamanders it wouldnt be them but only salamanders it would be advantageous to.

Ditto to a slew of dogs wanting to morph into cats. Now, i can see why cats would want to start morphing into dogs. I think anyone would rather be a dog than a cat. After all, dogs are mans best friend.

Dayom, now why would dogs want to become apes? It just doesnt make sense to me.

One thing that does make sense is that unbelievers cant comprehend they have a spirit that separates them from being common animals because, as GOD said, HE blinded them. They wont see the truth until HE removes the scales from their eyes.

Why are you repeating that nonsense? You've already been shown that science doesn't propose any such things. If you are interested in this topic, why don't you actually study what science actually proposes about it, and why. There are endless sources for this, and you could avoid sounding foolish in these discussions.

Idaho proposed that over ages genetic changes occurred to creatures which gradually genitically morphed into more advanced life forms. Im just wondering why philosophically?

2 sharks didnt have a sudden identical mutation of the opposite sex that could subsequently reproduce the same genetic mutation im told, and i agree. A whole school of them had to start morping into land based creatures at the same time along with having corresponding genetic changes.

Why, what drove those changes to occur to a higher, more speciliazed or advanced life form.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Apparenlty Jesus knew the earth was not billions of years old. He says,
"For this reason also the Wisdom of God said, 'I will send to them prophets and apostles. Some of them they will kill and some they will persecute, in order that the blood of all the prophets, shed since the foundation of the world, may be charged against this generation, from the blood of Abel to the blood of Zechariah...'"

Abel died so early in earth history Jesus used the term "since the foundation of the world."

Everyday Hunter
J
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
J
So, if we start colonizing the moon and mars, evolutionists, how many millions of years will it take for my grandkids to become mooneys or martians who dont need much O2 and can eat stardust?

Last edited by jaguartx; 07/10/20.

I Dindo Nuffin
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
So, if we start colonizing the moon and mars, evolutionists, how many millions of years will it take for my grandkids to become mooneys or martians who dont need much O2 and can eat stardust?

I know you're much smarter than you pretend to be whenever this subject comes up.

IC B2

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
"For this reason also the Wisdom of God said, 'I will send to them prophets and apostles. Some of them they will kill and some they will persecute, in order that the blood of all the prophets, shed since the foundation of the world, may be charged against this generation, from the blood of Abel to the blood of Zechariah...'"

Abel died so early in earth history Jesus used the term "since the foundation of the world."

Since the foundation of the world was a way of saying from the start. It's a figure of speech, like straining a gnat while swallowing a camel. Or do you suppose Jesus literally meant that some people swallow camels?

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by smokepole
Ever heard of an evaporite deposit? How about a salt dome?

PS, tossing out something about "chemicals in the ocean" and then refusing to say which chemicals you're talking about is telling to say the least.

Ringman, do you know where the gypsum in your sheetrock comes from?

A wise man is frequently humbled.

J
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
J

I know you're much smarter than you pretend to be whenever this subject comes up.

Well, we have the smartest evolutionists here, TRH. Im just wanting them to explain how the creature between the shark and salamander, being able to survive on land or sea, wasnt in a better position to survive history than the other two.

I Dindo Nuffin
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Since the foundation of the world was a way of saying from the start. It's a figure of speech, like straining a gnat while swallowing a camel. Or do you suppose Jesus literally meant that some people swallow camels?
...tossing out something about "chemicals in the ocean" and then refusing to say which chemicals you're talking about is telling to say the least.
It’s just more dishonesty and deceit on the part of a modern-day Pharisee who quotes scripture minutiae while ignoring, and even supporting the polar opposite of, the weightier matters of Jesus’ teachings.
Jesus’ harshest words were reserved for hypocrites.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S

PS, tossing out something about "chemicals in the ocean" and then refusing to say which chemicals you're talking about is telling to say the least.

How about the minerals in coral reefs or sea shells? Or the minerals that make up all the sand on the beaches in the Bahamas and the rocks underneath, or the limestone in the Shenandoah Valley? Or the limestone that underlies most of Florida?

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Ever heard of an evaporite deposit? How about a salt dome? PS, tossing out something about "chemicals in the ocean" and then refusing to say which chemicals you're talking about is telling to say the least.
How about the minerals in coral reefs or sea shells? Or the minerals that make up all the sand on the beaches in the Bahamas and the rocks underneath, or the limestone in the Shenandoah Valley? Or the limestone that underlies most of Florida?
Give him a few minutes...
He claimed to do his own research. Which means he’s gotta see what the Institute for Creation Research, the Creation Research Society, and Answers in Genesis have to say about these things.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T

Well, we have the smartest evolutionists here, TRH. Im just wanting them to explain how the creature between the shark and salamander, being able to survive on land or sea, wasnt in a better position to survive history than the other two.

You're so all over the place with false assumptions, that it's hard to interpret your question, but I'm going to assume you're sincere, and I will try to understand your question.

I think you're asking how a more typical aquatic chordate (commonly referred to as a fish) made the jump from an aquatic existence to that of a tetrapod on the land.

This guy can do a better job than me. Watch all seven in order for a detailed and accurate discussion of that subject matter. They are short videos.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

You don't believe Moses was able to communicate God's Word to us. How in the world do decide which of Jesus' Word mean what He says?

Everyday Hunter
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Of course! It comes from Allende!

Everyday Hunter
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
...tossing out something about "chemicals in the ocean" and then refusing to say which chemicals you're talking about is telling to say the least.
It’s just more dishonesty and deceit on the part of a modern-day Pharisee who quotes scripture minutiae while ignoring, and even supporting the polar opposite of, the weightier matters of Jesus’ teachings.
Jesus’ harshest words were reserved for hypocrites.

Since the thread is already sort of hijacked from what the original poster asked, I will seriously ask, what are "the weightier matters of Jesus' teachings"?

Everyday Hunter
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Please tell me the naturalistic system that produced and laid down these geological entities.

Everyday Hunter
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A

You don't believe Moses was able to communicate God's Word to us. How in the world do decide which of Jesus' Word mean what He says?

There's not good evidence for the Exodus, and it's been accepted by serious Biblical scholars since the 1970's that Moses mythical.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S

Please tell me the naturalistic system that produced and laid down these geological entities.

If you need me to explain evaporation, precipitation of minerals out of solution, deposition of evaporite deposits, and the biological origin of carbonate rocks you have no business talking about "chemicals in the ocean."

I
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I

You have it backwards about who is accepting pseudoscientific information. That's why every year Ph.D scientists become creationists instead of the other way around. For years I have been asking for any Ph.D. creationists you know who have switched and none have been found.

Perhaps that's because PhD creationists (if any exist) are too stupid to understand science.

Don't blame me. I voted for Trump.

Democrats would burn this country to the ground, if they could rule over the ashes.
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
We DO know that the earth is billions of years old. Radioactive decay and half-lives are FACTS. They can be proven over and over again. Nuclear fission and nuclear fusion are FACTS. Uranium-lead and potassium-argon dating methods are FACTS. The logic of the quack pseudoscientific creation ‘scientists’...or rather the lack of it...on this matter is like them saying ‘there is no proof’ that linear accelerators work in treating cancer. Or that ‘there is no proof’ that controlled nuclear fission can produce usable energy, etc. Science makes their lives better and easier, every single day. From the clean water that they routinely have piped into their home, to the safe and plentiful food that they routinely consume, to the reliable transportation that they routinely depend on, etc.. ALL of it is due to science. In my opinion, these people discredit Christianity when they give Sunday school answers and explanations and rebuttals to real world questions and discussions. In my opinion, these people discredit Christianity when they demand things are a certain way, even though we have FACTUAL evidence otherwise. I see no problem with believing in God...and in particular trying to follow Jesus’ teachings...while at the same time understanding FACTS and TRUTHS regarding the world in which we live. In my opinion, these people clearly have a problem doing that.

You take the "FACTS" by faith. If radiometric dating was valid a scientist would get the same date for a rock when broken in several pieces and sent to different labs. That is not the case. If radiometric dating was valid a scientist would get the correct age for a rock from Mt. St. Hellens as being too young to measure. But the rocks date all over the place. Explain that. While you're at it tell us why the rocks of known age from Hawaiian volcanoes never match their ages.

Once again,

Intentionally, dishonestly applying the dating methods in question.

But I know you know that, since I've sighted the sources to you in the past.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
Page 73 of 95 1 2 71 72 73 74 75 94 95

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

274 members (06hunter59, 10ring1, 1OntarioJim, 16penny, 160user, 12344mag, 25 invisible), 1,603 guests, and 932 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,177
Posts18,465,501
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.