Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
I have to admit, Stretchin' Gretchen is much better looking with a mask on.......
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[Linked Image from clickondetroit.com]

Michigan Gov. Gretchen Whitmer has signed a new Executive Order requiring masks in indoor public spaces and crowded outdoor spaces as COVID-19 cases spike in the state.

Executive Order 2020-147 reiterates that individuals are required to wear a face covering whenever they are in an indoor public space. It also requires the use of face coverings in crowded outdoor spaces, where you cannot maintain proper social distancing.

The order requires any business that is open to the public to refuse entry or service to people who refuse to wear a face covering, with limited exceptions.

Michigan Retailers Association: Wear mask to shop, don’t blame employees

Under the governor’s order, businesses that are open to the public must refuse entry and service to individuals who fail to comply, and must post signs at all entrances instructing customers of their legal obligation to wear a face covering while inside.

Those who are exempt from wearing a mask in Michigan businesses include people younger than five years old, those who cannot medically tolerate a face covering, and those who are eating or drinking while seated at a food service establishment.

The executive order takes effect at 12:01am on Monday, July 13.

A willful violation of the order is a misdemeanor subject to a $500 criminal penalty, but no term of confinement may be imposed on individuals who violate the mask requirement. No individual is subject to penalty under the order for removing a mask while engaging in religious worship at a house of religious worship, although consistent with guidance from the CDC, congregants are strongly encouraged to wear face coverings during religious services.

Executive Order 2020-147 reinforces and expands upon the governor’s previous executive orders on “safely restarting Michigan’s economy and ensuring workplace safety.”

“The heroes on the front lines of this crisis have gone hours without taking their masks off every day – doctors, nurses, child care workers, grocery store workers. We owe it to them to wear our masks when we’re on a trip to the grocery store or pharmacy,” said Governor Whitmer. “Masks can reduce the chance of spreading COVID-19 by about 70 percent. By wearing masks, we can save lives and protect our family, friends, and neighbors from the spread of COVID-19. And by wearing masks now, we can put our state in a stronger position so our kids can return to school safely in the fall. For the sake of your loved ones, let’s all mask up, Michigan.”

Gov. Whitmer said on Thursday that the state was considering tightening mask rules as COVID-19 cases continue to rise in the state.

“Over the past week, we have seen an uptick in COVID-19 cases in Michigan, and over the holiday weekend, we saw countless Michiganders gathered in large groups to celebrate Fourth of July without a mask,” Whitmer said. “I think a lot of people saw this video footage from Cass County, Diamond Lake. Right now, the law requires that anyone in an enclosed public space has to wear a mask, and that means every store you’re going into. We’re reviewing that requirement and considering whether or not we need to take this a step further, to strengthen compliance, because we cannot let our guard down.”

Story Here.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

BP-B2

RAS Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Here is the common theme on this where I live in MI.

"...aspire to live quietly, and to mind your own affairs, and to work with your hands, as we instructed you, so that you may walk properly before outsiders and be dependent on no one." - Paul to the church in Thessalonica.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I'm so sick and tired of that bitch. Curious how many businesses will enforce it. The muskegon sheriff's I have talked to wont.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
No individual is subject to penalty under the order for removing a mask while engaging in religious worship at a house of religious worship, although consistent with guidance from the CDC, congregants are strongly encouraged to wear face coverings during religious services.

So for me, because eating Mexican food is a religious experience, (well, in a way everything is at a minimum a spiritual, if not religious experience), I need no mask when I go for tacos?

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
I was at a restaurant just today.

Sort of a fruity soup and sandwich shop.

A couple came in all masked up.

Sat down.....removed masks.....and chowed down.

Payed the tab, got up and put the masks back on.

WTF is the point again?

I am MAGA.
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Good think executive orders aren't laws but merely recommendations.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Mask are for mine control not virus control.

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Joel/AK
I'm so sick and tired of that bitch. Curious how many businesses will enforce it. The muskegon sheriff's I have talked to wont.

It will be the MSP, DNR, and City Police that would enforce it, I just don't see any of the local Sheriffs Dept's that would enforce it.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I still have a feeling not many citations will be written. Some will I'm sure but not every LEO is a die hard " corporate cop"

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by 12344mag

It will be the MSP, DNR, and City Police that would enforce it, I just don't see any of the local Sheriffs Dept's that would enforce it.

Dept. of L&I has businesses by the junk. Safety violations. More B.S.

@jameslavish

If you work 40 hrs/wk: at 5% inflation and after 5 years, you need a 28% pay raise or to work 44 more hours (*one full extra week* per month+) to make up the difference.

This is inflation
IC B3

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
NM gov just dictated that masks must be worn even when exercising, including walking, outside in public. The Karen's here are falling all over themselves about how great that is.

The question isn't who is going to let me; it's who is going to stop me.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Now we know how hitler was so successful

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
UN troops are not far behind.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by akpls
NM gov just dictated that masks must be worn even when exercising, including walking, outside in public. The Karen's here are falling all over themselves about how great that is.

Even something as simple as mask anxiety can earn you a medical exemption. There's no escaping the Karens though.

@jameslavish

If you work 40 hrs/wk: at 5% inflation and after 5 years, you need a 28% pay raise or to work 44 more hours (*one full extra week* per month+) to make up the difference.

This is inflation
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
It would probably be different if Michigan didn't keep electing dem idiots into office.

When almost half the registered voters don't vote and she wins by 500,000 votes, that speaks volumes. Apparently it is what Michigan wanted, when 5.5 million voters out of 7.3 million didn't vote against her.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Good think executive orders aren't laws but merely recommendations.

But, but, but...................Her Majesty Queen Gretchen has so ordered it so it MUST be good for us; I hope that POS gets either impeached or recalled & I can hardly believe that she still has SoE power. I can't believe this order will stand up in court if it can get into one real quick like.

But EO's do have the effect of law on businesses, until struck down...................most will now be forced to not allow you in w/o a mask.

Menards has been enforcing that policy for some time now with a rent-a-cop at the entrance, no mask, no shopping.

Just all artificially keeping this schitt going to try to force mail-in voting & to make Trump look as bad as possible.

LOTS of people not on the Trump side of the bandwagon are scared schitless by all the hype & think the guv'ners doing this kind of nonsense are keeping them safe.

Saw an old lady at the supermarket the other day, alone in her car with a mask & rubber gloves on, absolutely scared schitless...............................

MM

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
What got her in power was the UAW, MEA, and the pot proposal, combined with an absolute wimp running against her as a Republican. Someone with half a backbone could have chewed her up and spit her out, even with the pot proposal.

There was an employee at a CVS today that passed out and hit her head on the counter. Said she couldn't get a "doctor's note" for a mask exemption. But, she shouldn't even need one. Even an employer asking is against HIPAA laws. The paramedics came, did tests, and said she had low blood oxygen because of wearing a mask. These cases are only going to happen more and more, during the summer. Hopefully lawsuits will spring up.

By early September the Michigan Supreme Court is going to come crashing down on Whitless. She is going apeshit until that happens. Also, there is a citizens petition going around, that will most likely have enough signatures in 30 days to strip the 1945 law she is leaning on for her executive orders.

No way in hell even a ticket is going to hold up in court, based on an order by this crazy bitch. She is up to 143 executive orders just this year since March. Soros's puppet.

Yesterday, she was even inciting violence by individuals towards others regarding mask wearing.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
In my area of PA most ignore the required mask. Liberal places like pedo state college love masks.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by KenMi
What got her in power was the UAW, MEA, and the pot proposal, combined with an absolute wimp running against her as a Republican. Someone with half a backbone could have chewed her up and spit her out, even with the pot proposal.

There was an employee at a CVS today that passed out and hit her head on the counter. Said she couldn't get a "doctor's note" for a mask exemption. But, she shouldn't even need one. Even an employer asking is against HIPAA laws. The paramedics came, did tests, and said she had low blood oxygen because of wearing a mask. These cases are only going to happen more and more, during the summer. Hopefully lawsuits will spring up.

By early September the Michigan Supreme Court is going to come crashing down on Whitless. She is going apeshit until that happens. Also, there is a citizens petition going around, that will most likely have enough signatures in 30 days to strip the 1945 law she is leaning on for her executive orders.

No way in hell even a ticket is going to hold up in court, based on an order by this crazy bitch. She is up to 143 executive orders just this year since March. Soros's puppet.

Yesterday, she was even inciting violence by individuals towards others regarding mask wearing.

So you don't think the 3.5 million voters NOT voting had anything to do with it?

E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
I’m so exhausted by all this. I just can’t take it.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
94 members (99Ozarks, 10gaugemag, 16penny, 257_X_50, 13 invisible), 1,674 guests, and 680 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,727
Posts18,400,724
Members73,822
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.