Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
jar Online Content OP
Campfire Regular
OP Online Content
Campfire Regular
I was driving down the road towards town and a doe jumped the road and crossed in front of me jumped the fence on the other side into a bean field. just behind her was a pair of small fawns still loaded up with spots. they hit the fence and could not get thru the woven wire. I stopped and backed way up so not to pressure them , but they were frantic. after realizing they were not going to make it through it. I got out and wrangled one down and tossed it over the fence. (I got a nice bang on the forehead from that one. ) the second one was all tangled up in the fence when I got to it. it let me in close and I got it loose and tossed it over as well.the whole time the doe was blowing and running back and forth along the far side of the bean field. as the last one headed across that field at full boar, the doe left the field still blowing both fawns right behind her. when I got to town to go in the grocery store to get a bottle of whiskey and 7up I realized how damn dirty I was. oh well. I got my bottle anyways.

teach your children well , ride hard, shoot straight, be involved!
GB1

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T

I hate woven wire fence & fawns in the summer

all my new fence projects are 4 single strands...

3 barb with the bottom wire smooth

fawns make it under with no problems

T R U M P W O N !

U L T R A M A G A !

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Lol

Scenario 2

Deer Assassin: “one of em babies was struggling, I had to put em all down”

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
One year we were driving up by Vining when I noticed what looked like a deer bedded by an opening in a barbed wire fence. Backed up and got out to look when it didn't move. Turned out to be a dead button. Whoever made the fence had some wire left over at the end and just made a multiple-round loop out of it and tacked it to the end post. Apparently the little buck went barrelling around the corner, stuck his head through the loop and broke his neck.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
jar Online Content OP
Campfire Regular
OP Online Content
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by slumlord
Lol

Scenario 2

Deer Assassin: “one of em babies was struggling, I had to put em all down”
if I hadent been completly outa whiskey, the idea of a BBQ came to mind. lol

teach your children well , ride hard, shoot straight, be involved!
IC B2

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Last year when exiting the road that I live on to the highway, right at the junction in the road was a dead doe with 2 fawns. The fawns were trying to nurse on their dead mom.

Put my flashers on and drug the doe off into the grass, her neck was obviously broken. Called the sheriffs department and explained the what and where with a deputy soon on the scene.

I put both fawns in my truck and the prisoners from the animal shelter arrived to get the fawns. They took the doe for supper for the prison.

The little buck fawn scchitt all over my passenger side seat. Went by the shelter 2 weeks later and both fawns were doing well. There’s a large sports complex park nearby the prison and shelter that is surrounded by woods. They were going to release the fawns in that area when the vet said that they were old enough to make it.

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Sounds like something I would do, except the booze part.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Old_Toot
I put both fawns in my truck and the prisoners from the animal shelter arrived to get the fawns. They took the doe for supper for the prison.

I always wondered who this was! grin

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by 12344mag
Originally Posted by Old_Toot

I always wondered who this was! grin

That’s an old one but funny as hell.

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

699 members (10gaugeman, 12344mag, 10Glocks, 10gaugemag, 06hunter59, 1234, 72 invisible), 3,542 guests, and 1,199 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,271
Posts18,467,379
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.