GB1

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by reivertom
Why do they think this is a good thing?

" Good" idea fairy,s up the food chain and
Public relations feel good fuzzy bunny slippers schit.....

Last edited by renegade50; 07/10/20.
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M

It's fashionable.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I was enlisted from 1976 to April 1986, and an officer for the rest of the time.

I held three commands, including one in Iraq.

I retired as a Colonel, selected for Brig Gen, but retired instead at 59-1/2. For those who know how to use the US Senate search tool “Thomas,” you can find my selection to Brig Gen on December 21(?) 2016.

And it’s not hard to find, as I use my real name here, not some internet handle I could hide behind.

I was active duty until 1992, then Reserve or Guard for the balance.

Does that matter? If so, why?

Originally Posted by dodgefan

He has a retirement thread where he listed his service. I'm sure you could find it with enough digging.

“Live free or die. Death is not the worst of evils.” - General
John Stark.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
This has what to do with modern SOF warfare?

Are the green berets climbing stairs to rescue people in burning towers?

What am I missing here?

Originally Posted by simonkenton7
Explain this one to me, David Walter, our resident Sociologist, and Feminist advocate.

On Sept. 11 2001, 343 firefighters were killed in New York City. Most of them were climbing the stairs of the World Trade Center.

How many were females?
Zero.

In a Lib city like New York, you know that even 19 years ago there were plenty of females on the Fire Department payroll. These gals were front and center on Payday, or when it was time to put on the pretty uniform and march in the St. Patrick's Day Parade.

But, when it was time to do the job, when it was time to put on 74 pounds of bunker gear and climb 101 flights of stairs, fighting through the smoke and the flames, with the idea they might have to go back down those stairs carrying a patient, the girls were not available for service.

I'm sure the New York firefighter girls looked pretty in their uniforms at all of those firefighter funerals.

John Stark.
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
More like, when only 1% of the population has the stones to volunteer, and the demographics make more than 50% of the available recruitment pool female, you’d better find a way to fight on with what you have, not what you wish you had, or what you have 50 years ago in ‘Nam when the force was mostly young men.

It’s not even close to that anymore.

You guys can gripe all you want, but the logistics of the modern force require some SOF to be female, and that’s not going to change in your lifetime.

The military has to find a way to make this work.

There’s no other choices.

Originally Posted by mathman

It's fashionable.

John Stark.
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by David_Walter
I was enlisted from 1976 to April 1986, and an officer for the rest of the time.

I retired as a Colonel, selected for Brig Gen, but retired instead at 59-1/2. For those who know how to use the US Senate search tool “Thomas,” you can find my selection to Brig Gen on December 21(?) 2016

He has a retirement thread where he listed his service. I'm sure you could find it with enough digging.

Why you get out in 92?
4 yrs short of a 20 yr AD retirement.....
Riffed as a cpt after 6 yrs TIG?
1st rd of draw downs after desert storm?
Or did ya take the money and run early out options.
Dont seem like it coulda been that cause of double dipping issues.

Shoulda stayed AD huh????
Unless some pony was behind the cart pulling the wrong way for ya.

So basically your a cpt that got off AD at yr 15 16ish.
And made rank you woulda never have made on AD in the reserves.

I'm a dik...............

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
More like, when only 1% of the population has the stones to volunteer, and the demographics make more than 50% of the available recruitment pool female, you’d better find a way to fight in with what you have, not what you wish you had, or what you have 50 years ago in ‘Nam.

You guys can gripe all you want, but the logistics of the modern force require some SOF to be female, and that’s not going to change in your lifetime.

It's fashionable.

Why have SOF if there are no standards?

Over 90 per cent of female LEOs, soldiers and firefighters would be eliminated if held to the same standards. Onward communism and social engineering where the janitor, illiterate shop clerk is equal to the electrical engineers and thoracic surgeons

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
This has what to do with modern SOF warfare?

Are the green berets climbing stairs to rescue people in burning towers?

What am I missing here?

Originally Posted by simonkenton7
Explain this one to me, David Walter, our resident Sociologist, and Feminist advocate.

On Sept. 11 2001, 343 firefighters were killed in New York City. Most of them were climbing the stairs of the World Trade Center.

How many were females?
Zero.

In a Lib city like New York, you know that even 19 years ago there were plenty of females on the Fire Department payroll. These gals were front and center on Payday, or when it was time to put on the pretty uniform and march in the St. Patrick's Day Parade.

But, when it was time to do the job, when it was time to put on 74 pounds of bunker gear and climb 101 flights of stairs, fighting through the smoke and the flames, with the idea they might have to go back down those stairs carrying a patient, the girls were not available for service.

I'm sure the New York firefighter girls looked pretty in their uniforms at all of those firefighter funerals.

Everything...
You are totally missing every fughing thing.....

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Renegade,

I’ll bet you were an E-6 who retired as an E-6 with 20. How far off am I?

RIBKA,

The point is not that SOF shouldn’t have standards. The point is that recognizing they have a much smaller male pool to draw from, they’d better figure out how to qualify and train female SOF. They have no way forward without them.

Different standards? Yeah, probably. All female SOF for specific missions? Works for the Kurds who field two batalions of women in the fight against ISIS, direct combat, and have a pretty impressive winning streak.

Again, DoD has to solve SOF recruitment using female volunteers. They have no choice.

John Stark.
IC B3

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Renegade,

RIBKA,

The point is not that SOF shouldn’t have standards. The point is that recognizing they have a much smaller male pool to draw from, they’d better figure out how to qualify and train female SOF. They have no way forward without them.

Different standards? Yeah, probably. All female SOF for specific missions? Works for the Kurds who field two battalions of women in the fight against ISIS, direct combat, and have a pretty impressive winning streak.

Again, DoD has to solve SOF recruitment using female volunteers. They have no choice.

DW,

The literature doesn't support your position. The Israelis experimented with all female units but their casualty rates were 60% higher then similar all male units.

As I recall, you were in the Air Force. In other words, you barely know what PT is, let alone a 90 pounds of gear.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Did you get one of those letters wantin ya for Delta Force?

And is it framed?

Just asking

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by renegade50

I retired as a Colonel, selected for Brig Gen, but retired instead at 59-1/2. For those who know how to use the US Senate search tool “Thomas,” you can find my selection to Brig Gen on December 21(?) 2016

Why you get out in 92?
4 yrs short of a 20 yr AD retirement.....
Riffed as a cpt after 6 yrs TIG?
1st rd of draw downs after desert storm?
Or did ya take the money and run early out options.
Dont seem like it coulda been that cause of double dipping issues.

Shoulda stayed AD huh????
Unless some pony was behind the cart pulling the wrong way for ya.

So basically your a cpt that got off AD at yr 15 16ish.
And made rank you woulda never have made on AD in the reserves.

I'm a dik...............

Oh I just picked up on this.
Reserve or Guard for the balance.
Flip flop between fed and state promotion stuff.
Which one worked out better for ya????

Im a lowly retired E-7 busting your chops.
Captain.............

I'm a fugging dik..

And a fugging civilian nowadays.

Dealt with plenty like you my last 3 yrs.

Today LTC or COL figurehead has to come in and teach 1 class to your MS3 class SFC E. Because they need to get MUTA credit made up.
Go over your pony blanket before hand with them. And make sure they dont embarrass themselves in front of your cadets.
Have them do a power point class or something easy they cant vary on.

Next day class.....

All right ....
Put your fingers in your ears .
Yank em out fast to unfugg your minds from LTC zippy yesterday.
Get your schitt on ....
Get outside we are gonna crawl walk and run thru a delibrate assualt again for today, insted of schitt that dont count like COL airhead did with you yesterday on death by power point.

LMFOA!!!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Sniper,

I don’t argue all of the failed experiments.

I just argue they HAVE to figure it out.

Female SOF is a necessary reality for the US.

Instead of throwing stones, we should be discussing how to make them successful.

Because it’s happening. And it’s not because of political correctness.

Originally Posted by antelope_sniper

The literature doesn't support your position. The Israelis experimented with all female units but their casualty rates were 60% higher then similar all male units.

As I recall, you were in the Air Force. In other words, you barely know what PT is, let alone a 90 pounds of gear.

John Stark.
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R

"probably different standards ?". All Female SF units defeating ISIS? lol

Why have any standards if females can't even meet the basic standards ?

Renegade,

RIBKA,

Different standards? Yeah, probably. All female SOF for specific missions? Works for the Kurds who field two batalions of women in the fight against ISIS, direct combat, and have a pretty impressive winning streak.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Renegade,

RIBKA,

Wrong zippy the female crusader

Made 7 in 11 stayed one for 13

Proof that getting a restricted fiche as a young e5 in 1986 in germany for beating the fugg outta 2 joes in my squad didnt do anything for E 8 for me.
But yet with that fiche entry in my rcd thruout the early 90,s drawdown .
I was untouchable cause of everything else in my performance and service rcd and my ncoers.

How about you " captain"

Why you leave the service in 92 with 15 16ish yrs total in.
and 6 of em tig as a officer.

You was a dud and got fugging riffed...
Thats why......
Sucks when people know schit from that era and can put peices of the puzzle together.

I,m a dik
Oh Btw....

Did ya get passed over for major 1st and 2nd look
From only 6 yrs as a O Im geussing 1st look and average to below average evals.

"Captain"....

LMFAO!!!!

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
More like, when only 1% of the population has the stones to volunteer, and the demographics make more than 50% of the available recruitment pool female, you’d better find a way to fight on with what you have, not what you wish you had, or what you have 50 years ago in ‘Nam when the force was mostly young men.

Because of senior officers instead of standing up and saying this is stupid to changes that were bad for the military rolled over and showed their bellies.

It’s not even close to that anymore.

There are zero reasons we need women in combat arms (excluding the SMU's who have an entirely different mision).

The military has to find a way to make this work.

The military will be fine until we get into a real war with a near peer opponent. It will hit the fan then.

There’s no other choices.

It's fashionable.

Last edited by dodgefan; 07/10/20.
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Renegade,

RIBKA,

Oh
Just picked on this .

Such a short reply to me...
And none of what I posted even attempted to be replied too or explained or disproved somehow.

Truth fughing stings huh????

Totally fuging LMFAO!!!

" Captain".........

01 to 03 are Tig and Tis promotions.
When 03 go to 04 for Centralized promotions is when duds get weeded out.
Specially in the early to mid 90,s when the draw downs started up

Thank you very much for your service.
But you suck and you gotta go...

LMFAO!!!

Last edited by renegade50; 07/10/20.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Well, you have me there.

I was never one rank for longer than a few years.

13 years and no SMSgt or Chief?

You must be a rock star.

Originally Posted by renegade50

Made 7 in 11 stayed one for 13

John Stark.
Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

153 members (2ndwind, 24HourCampFireGuy50, 10gaugemag, 260madman, 338reddog, 30 invisible), 1,218 guests, and 993 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,219
Posts18,447,467
Members73,899
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.