Hop To
Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by SKane
For those than shun the mask, consider this;

Unless you're retired (which I suspect more here are than aren't), Covid has a major impact all business in one way or another. Talented, hardworking people that are solid at their jobs are being furloughed or laid off with many businesses closing forever. We're all eating the same szchit sandwich and want nothing more than to put this thing in the rearview mirror and to return to some sort of normalcy.

So, if wearing a mask is even 1% better than not, are we that [bleep] narcissistic that even the slightest inconvenience to our comfort or "rights" isn't worth the effort - either emotionally or physically to others?
For every one swinging-dick that thinks masks are a joke - there are 10 people that are scared szchitless about this subject.

So if wearing a mask isn't for you in places that ask you to wear them - consider falling less in love with yourself and see the wee bigger picture beyond you.

So your thinking is everyone should just do what their told and everything will be alright? I think everyone needs to say F wearing a mask and get to work, go out to eat and resume a normal life style. I feel like the MSM and liberal thinking idiots have cheated US out of 6 months of our freedoms as US citizens.

Life is good live it while you can.
GB1

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I just bought some treated wood, stainless hardware, and metal fence panels from Menard's to build a couple more raised plant stands to grown vegetables on next year. The mask thing doesn't bother me, but I do find the security guy standing at the gate between the returns area and the shopping area to be a bit much.

I think that it is risky to alienate a major portion of your customer base, but around here Menard's seems like more of an end-consumer store, like Home Depot and Lowe's, than a place where professional builders would buy anything more than odds and ends.or when their wholesaler was out of whatever they wanted to buy.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by jaydub in wi
Originally Posted by widrahthaar
Menards has been masked up for awhile.

The local one has armed security. I just don’t go.

Here in Appleton, the menards store requires masks. Home depot and lowes don't so I go there instead

Is there a Lowes in Appleton proper now, or is it still way out by Kimberly? My sister got me a gift card for Christmas and I'd like to use it without going across town.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by TrueGrit
Our local hardware store is builders supply and they require you wear a mask, I walked in told the owner to go F himself and walked out, people are a bunch of pussy's. People are brain washed and their brain is dead.

Well, there you go. You've got it all figured out. sleep sleep

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

WWP53D
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by IndyCA35
What's the big deal? Masks are required in all stores around here by order of the .gov.

You don't understand it's a major deal when your willing to give up your freedoms for the meek and timid. There's a lot of people that are scared of guns, when the government requires you to turn your guns will you? After all it will be a government order.

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

Unless you're retired (which I suspect more here are than aren't), Covid has a major impact all business in one way or another. Talented, hardworking people that are solid at their jobs are being furloughed or laid off with many businesses closing forever. We're all eating the same szchit sandwich and want nothing more than to put this thing in the rearview mirror and to return to some sort of normalcy.

So, if wearing a mask is even 1% better than not, are we that [bleep] narcissistic that even the slightest inconvenience to our comfort or "rights" isn't worth the effort - either emotionally or physically to others?
For every one swinging-dick that thinks masks are a joke - there are 10 people that are scared szchitless about this subject.

So if wearing a mask isn't for you in places that ask you to wear them - consider falling less in love with yourself and see the wee bigger picture beyond you.

X10000000

-Matt

"The proof of the whisky is in the drinking, the proof of the rifle is in the shooting."
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D

Do you have the same attitude about giving up your guns?

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Our local hardware store is builders supply and they require you wear a mask, I walked in told the owner to go F himself and walked out, people are a bunch of pussy's. People are brain washed and their brain is dead.

Well, there you go. You've got it all figured out. sleep sleep

Far from it, the stupidity of the people has me completely stumped. I'm questioning my sanity. I just keep going back to the fact that I still don't know anyone who has died from the China flu, but I know a bunch of people who have died from pneumonia and COPD complications. Common sense isn't very common any more.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

So your thinking is everyone should just do what their told and everything will be alright? I think everyone needs to say F wearing a mask and get to work, go out to eat and resume a normal life style. I feel like the MSM and liberal thinking idiots have cheated US out of 6 months of our freedoms as US citizens.

I'm not implying that whatsoever. How we got HERE is irrelevant - I think much of it is BS myself.
What I'm implying is many of these places employ people that feel like they're at risk just being there (valid concern or not) but really have no choice. And, for customers that are worried about it to feel safe enough to come in to shop - helping to keep the lights on, in turn, KEEPING PEOPLE EMPLOYED.

Like it or not - understand it or not, getting beyond this is as much psychological as it is physiological/physical - and like it or not, it's not going to happen overnight. What I'm saying is from this point forward, rather than being obstinate, I'm asking you to consider being part of the solution.

While the places-of-business requiring masks are doing so for mainly self-serving reasons, I maintain an idealistic outlook in them having legitimate concern for the welfare of employees and customers - both psychologically as well as physically.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

WWP53D
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
I think a type of hardware store.

Makes no diff to me because i have not been in one for at least 30 years.

If you know what i mean. grin

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
At one time, there were a lot of small rural stores around here who had signs posted.......We Reserve The Right To Refuse Service To Anyone, and No Shirt No Shoes-No Service. I knew of several instances where they actually had to do just that. That was the store owners right, and if you didn't like it, then shop somewhere else.

I don't particularly like the mask thing, but if a store requires it, then that's their right to do so. If you get all pizzy about it, then go somewhere else. You don't own that store.....they do.

Here in Kentucky, the governor has mandated masks to be worn in all public places. I don't like him, or his liberal agenda, but it ain't the end of the world to have to wear one for a little while.............and it ain't worth getting your knickers in knot over.

I know some of you will come back with the argument that government has no right to tell us to wear a mask, and I tend to agree. I also believe in choosing your battles, and this is not one of them, as far as I'm concerned.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I like Menards better than Home Depot or Lowes.

From my experience they have a better selection than Home Depot or Lowes - at least for the products they stock, plus they offer a wider variety of "home items" so my wife likes to go with me and check out their stuff.

At this point IDGAF about masks. Its fighting a losing battle. I put a cheap surgical mask on and go about my business - just like I put a seatbelt on in a car or used to wear a helmet on a motorcycle.

Last edited by KFWA; 07/11/20.

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M

You impress me as one of those people that have 100's of stickers on their rear bumper. You don't speak for anyone but your self. Another Hero/Narcissist isn't needed. Talk to the mirror.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
That’s one of the many reasons I won’t go. I have a pile of teen agers and I can only bring one of them in the store. If I have my toddler with me she can’t go in the store with me? I’ll find other resources.

Last edited by tzone; 07/11/20.

Camp is where you make it.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by JamesJr
At one time, there were a lot of small rural stores around here who had signs posted.......We Reserve The Right To Refuse Service To Anyone, and No Shirt No Shoes-No Service. I knew of several instances where they actually had to do just that. That was the store owners right, and if you didn't like it, then shop somewhere else.

I don't particularly like the mask thing, but if a store requires it, then that's their right to do so. If you get all pizzy about it, then go somewhere else. You don't own that store.....they do.

Here in Kentucky, the governor has mandated masks to be worn in all public places. I don't like him, or his liberal agenda, but it ain't the end of the world to have to wear one for a little while.............and it ain't worth getting your knickers in knot over.

I know some of you will come back with the argument that government has no right to tell us to wear a mask, and I tend to agree. I also believe in choosing your battles, and this is not one of them, as far as I'm concerned.

Like!

Remember why, specifically, the Bill of Rights was written...remember its purpose. It was written to limit the power of government over the individual.

There is no believing a liar, even when he speaks the truth.
W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W
Look up, "John Menard, foul mouth".

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Will be there when the doors open today and choose to save my anxieties and protests for something far more grandiose and offensive than a simple mask requirement. sleep sleep
John Menard (richest man in WI - $15B), is a major contributor to the Republican party so I choose not to cut off my nose to spite my face.

But I can agree on the silly Menards rebates, it's 2020 - there's got to be a better way.

The rebates are bothersome. So I don’t. Lol. But if I can’t bring my kids in their store, I can’t go to the store. It’s one thing with the older kids. They can sit in the truck. But I’m not leaving a two year old...who has become my shadow (and I love it) in the car.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

That's a damn fine argument......................For getting rid of those scary black rifles..........

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T

That just makes you an ass-hole.

Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

92 members (14idaho, 280shooter, 6mmbrfan, 10Glocks, 2500HD, 300_savage, 9 invisible), 1,540 guests, and 729 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,599
Posts18,454,518
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.