Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
C
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
C
I will begin by saying I may be wrong or inaccurate in some the following facts... However it is a recap as I best recall.

Friend of mine recently moved to NM from here in Virginia recently. .. Military guy... former Army EOD etc. Early 40s

He had inherited 120 acres of coastline in Oregon somewhere in the past... plans to retire there someday... do not know any more. Speaks of the land with affection. Apparently it has good value also. Don't know.

He got a phone call from the neighbor that squatters have take up living on his land. He has called the local police (and State also?) and apparently not made progress getting the squatters evicted. Also apparently, Oregon has a law granting homeless people the right to occupy land that is not occupied by the owner...

Don't know much more, but sounds like a dang weird mess to me.

Is Oregon really that strange?

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

BP-B2

G
g5m Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Yes.

Retired cat herder.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Seems simple enough, when legal fails pay some uglies to go in stomping.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Oregon has laws that favor squatters and deadbeat renters. He'd better get a good lawyer who knows how the laws work. I do know that a squatter has to live there 10 years before he can claim ownership under adverse possession. However, getting rid of them can be tedious and expensive.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
He needs to go in and smack them upside the head with his 1911! More fiction.

IC B2

V
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
V
Sounds like a good place to reintroduce the grizzly bear

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Those places that rent pressure washers and stump grinders....need to rent out Belgian Malinois

Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
I think the entirety of Oregon’s coast is public land?

I’d have a dumpster delivered and show up with a pressure washer.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by slumlord
Those places that rent pressure washers and stump grinders....need to rent out Belgian Malinois

Some of them rent brush chippers...

If you love someone set them free
If they come back no one else liked them
Set them free again
K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
Oregon has laws that favor squatters and deadbeat renters. He'd better get a good lawyer who knows how the laws work. I do know that a squatter has to live there 10 years before he can claim ownership under adverse possession. However, getting rid of them can be tedious and expensive.

Alaska is similar.

A couple squatted in an abandoned shack down the road from us. Cost the owner(lower48) $20k to buy them out.

I retired from the Johns Manville asbestos pop tart factory in ‘59, and still never made the connection.—-Slumlord
IC B3

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Originally Posted by bucktail
Originally Posted by slumlord

Some of them rent brush chippers...

Gotta set a precedent

Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by kroo88
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck

Alaska is similar.

A couple squatted in an abandoned shack down the road from us. Cost the owner(lower48) $20k to buy them out.

That is fugked up.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
I knew a guy who was letting some people live in a shop behind his house in Siletz, Oregon. He ended up in jail after threatening to kick the [bleep] out of them when he caught them stealing from him. They filed a no contact order while he was in jail and he couldn't even go back to his own house. Cost him a small fortune in legal/attorney fees.

Pretty effed up.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by GreatWaputi
I knew a guy who was letting some people live in a shop behind his house in Siletz, Oregon. He ended up in jail after threatening to kick the [bleep] out of them when he caught them stealing from him. They filed a no contact order while he was in jail and he couldn't even go back to his own house. Cost him a small fortune in legal/attorney fees.

Pretty effed up.

This type of situation can be successfully negotiated with an excavator.

LOL
Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
That’s insane.

Maybe take the fishing?
Waters deep there and I know you can cram a few adults in a typical 80x crab pot.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
I've only read about it but apparently you can get them out relatively easily if you're hands on and don't back down from any of their schit.

Their strength is their audacity. There are even dedicated "teaching" sites on how to go about claiming other people's schit:

https://reclaimportland.wordpress.com/about/

As stated Oregon has a "ten year rule" regarding squatters. If they've been there a long time he's going to have a legit legal battle.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by GreatWaputi

Pretty effed up.

Oregon is so bizarre that there's an entire comedy series dedicated to making fun of the residents.

LOL

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by deflave
I've only read about it but apparently you can get them out relatively easily if you're hands on and don't back down from any of their schit.

Their strength is their audacity. There are even dedicated "teaching" sites on how to go about claiming other people's schit:

https://reclaimportland.wordpress.com/about/

As stated Oregon has a "ten year rule" regarding squatters. If they've been there a long time he's going to have a legit legal battle.

I ride offroad and a well used target placed in the roadway turned me around every time.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by CashisKing
I will begin by saying I may be wrong or inaccurate in some the following facts... However it is a recap as I best recall.

Friend of mine recently moved to NM from here in Virginia recently. .. Military guy... former Army EOD etc. Early 40s

He had inherited 120 acres of coastline in Oregon somewhere in the past... plans to retire there someday... do not know any more. Speaks of the land with affection. Apparently it has good value also. Don't know.

He got a phone call from the neighbor that squatters have take up living on his land. He has called the local police (and State also?) and apparently not made progress getting the squatters evicted. Also apparently, Oregon has a law granting homeless people the right to occupy land that is not occupied by the owner...

Don't know much more, but sounds like a dang weird mess to me.

Is Oregon really that strange?

Sounds like Venezuela.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
B
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
B
The whole west coast is screwed.

MOLON LABE
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
827 members (10gaugemag, 12308300, 1234, 10gaugeman, 12344mag, 007FJ, 85 invisible), 3,251 guests, and 1,314 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,710
Posts18,400,195
Members73,820
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.