Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
R
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
R
I lived through the original AWB. I only owned a 6601 Colt and a Glock 9mm at the time but I remember Magazines going crazy and preban rifles at least doubling, be imports triple or better.
So if they somehow get a ban that looks like the last one, what would be an ideal ban proof gun?
Mini 14, AUG, Tavor, M1A?

TRUMP- GABBARD 2024
GB1

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
M1 Garand

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Ruger Mini 14 With a little tinkering the magazine capacity can be upsized and a few stashed away in a piece of PVC pipe and stored under the flower garden for "emergencies". If semi-autos in general get banned, a Mauser 98 with a 20-round "trench" magazine would come in handy. It takes about 30 seconds to swap from the 5 round internal mag to the high capacity one.

Ignorance can be fixed. Stupid is forever!
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Bans are for those who follow the law. That is no longer required in this country (assuming you're the right skin color).

But I suspect the next AWB will be extremely draconian and there won't be any easily applied loopholes to use (e.g., a bullet button or going with a pre-ban). California, unfortunately, learned many of the ways people got around the ban and that experience will lead those in D.C. who take their marching orders from the CA leftists to adopt a national ban similar to what is in CA. I also predict that they will simply do away with the protections afforded to already existing/owned weapons and will require you to sell them to the govt or destroy them. And, of course, there will be similar treatment for magazines, parts and ammo.

So I think the way around the next AWB is to simply refuse to comply with it, learn how to build your own parts, start reloading (if you don't already), stock up on components and have patience, since the country as it has existed to this point won't exist soon.

Last edited by Remsen; 07/11/20.

Eliminate qualified immunity and you'll eliminate cops who act like they are above the law.
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Winchester 73 in .357 or .44 Magnum.

Last edited by antelope_sniper; 07/11/20.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Currently threaded muzzles are trendy, stay away from them if you can.

I recently purchased a Ruger PC carbine, fine gun, but it came with a threaded muzzle, without which feature and with 10 round Glock magazines it would actually be legal in NY State when I visit family (fuggin Cuomo’s “Safe Act” mad)

Ruger does make a “State Legal” version without the threaded muzzle, all sold out at this point in time.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Hacksaw will fix the threaded end.

George Orwell was a Prophet, not a novelist. Read 1984 and then look around you!

Old cat turd!

"Some men just need killing." ~ Clay Allison.

I am too old to fight but I can still pull a trigger. ~ Me

O
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher

I recently purchased a Ruger PC carbine, fine gun, but it came with a threaded muzzle, without which feature and with 10 round Glock magazines it would actually be legal in NY State when I visit family (fuggin Cuomo’s “Safe Act” mad)

Ruger does make a “State Legal” version without the threaded muzzle, all sold out at this point in time.

Thought the flash hinder just had to be pinned?

-OMotS

"If memory serves fails me..."
Quote: ( unnamed) "been prtty deep in the cooler todaay "

Television and radio are most effective when people question little and think even less.
B
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by OldmanoftheSea

You can put a thread protector on and pin/spot weld it to be legal.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Blackheart
Originally Posted by OldmanoftheSea

You can put a thread protector on and pin/spot weld it to be legal.

Great to know, tks cool I was just gonna have the threaded section cut off and the barrel crowned, but as is the barrel is 16.12”, remove the threaded part and it would be under 16”.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by T LEE
Hacksaw will fix the threaded end.

T!! 🙂. Great to see you post again! 😎

16.12” on the barrel, they didn’t leave enough barrel to legally remove the threaded part.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Pin on a fake supressor then and really freak them out! smile smile

George Orwell was a Prophet, not a novelist. Read 1984 and then look around you!

Old cat turd!

"Some men just need killing." ~ Clay Allison.

I am too old to fight but I can still pull a trigger. ~ Me

R
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
R
Tavor SAR has no collapsible stock or bayo lug and technicality the grip is part of the frame.

TRUMP- GABBARD 2024
D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
When we buy ammo, reloading supplies, magazines, parts, etc with a credit card I really believe it's tracked. Hiding things won't work because the govt. will seize your assets and freeze your bank accounts. The UN will help. That's how I believe it will go.

The Karma bus always has an empty seat when it comes around.- High Brass

There's battle lines being drawn
Nobody's right if everybody's wrong
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Hotrod_Lincoln
, a Mauser 98 with a 20-round "trench" magazine would come in handy.

I've got one of those magazines, I think I bought it from Sarco or somebody like that back in 1999. ! I need to sell it, too.

"To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical." -- Thomas Jefferson

We are all Rhodesians now.

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Keep in mind, if they pass a "new" AWB it won't be the "old" AWB. Attempting to plan around the rules of the old AWB is a plan to fail.

The Marxist have had 26 years to contemplate all the "loop holes" in their old ban and make "improvements" to it.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
Keep in mind, if they pass a "new" AWB it won't be the "old" AWB. Attempting to plan around the rules of the old AWB is a plan to fail.

The Marxist have had 26 years to contemplate all the "loop holes" in their old ban and make "improvements" to it.

The banks will report what you spend money on, and if its gun related, no bank account, no school for your kids, no airline tickets, no healthcare, see where I'm going. It won't be anything like 1994.

Imagine a corporate oligarchy so effective, so advanced and fine tuned that its citizens still call it a democracy.

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by Borchardt
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper

The banks will report what you spend money on, and if its gun related, no bank account, no school for your kids, no airline tickets, no healthcare, see where I'm going. It won't be anything like 1994.

It will be a lot more like 1984.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by ringworm
I lived through the original AWB. I only owned a 6601 Colt and a Glock 9mm at the time but I remember Magazines going crazy and preban rifles at least doubling, be imports triple or better.
So if they somehow get a ban that looks like the last one, what would be an ideal ban proof gun?
Mini 14, AUG, Tavor, M1A?

There won't be any.

One shot, one kill........ It saves a lot of ammo!
I
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I
Originally Posted by ar15a292f
M1 Garand
i

Don’t knock the Garand.

25 years ago some of us were invited to shoot on a military range where you stood in a fake fox hole. Targets popped up at random angles from 50 to 350 meters away. They stayed up for 5 seconds and registered if you hit or not.

I got 37 out of 40 and won third. Two guys with ARs tied at 38 and had a shootout. The colonel asked me to shoot too because guys liked to watch me shoot “that old fashioned rifle with the big bullets” (M1 Garand). I did and beat the other two guys.

The M1 only holds 8 rounds. But you don’t have to remove a magazine. The clip pops out and aligning the new loaded one is easier than an AR15.

Besides, a 30-06 hits with a lot more oomph than an AR15.

Don't blame me. I voted for Trump.

Democrats would burn this country to the ground, if they could rule over the ashes.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

624 members (12344mag, 1lessdog, 1beaver_shooter, 10gaugeman, 06hunter59, 1eyedmule, 70 invisible), 2,497 guests, and 1,248 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,683
Posts18,456,326
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.