Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
KC Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker

Went fishing a couple of days ago and of course lost as many flies as fish were caught. Since Cabelas was victimised by a hostile takeover, and Bass Pro has diminished the Cabelas warraty, I have stopped patronizing both stores. So, I stopped by Sportsmans Warehouse to refill my supply of flies. Wow! Half of the shelves are empty. Not ammo mind you, but Camping gear, and fishing gear and accessories. Why is the production or shipping of those kind of things affected by the problems of the times?

Wind in my hair, Sun on my face, I gazed at the wide open spaces, And I was at home.

BP-B2

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by KC

Went fishing a couple of days ago and of course lost as many flies as fish were caught. Since Cabelas was victimised by a hostile takeover, and Bass Pro has diminished the Cabelas warraty, I have stopped patronizing both stores. So, I stopped by Sportsmans Warehouse to refill my supply of flies. Wow! Half of the shelves are empty. Not ammo mind you, but Camping gear, and fishing gear and accessories. Why is the production or shipping of those kind of things affected by the problems of the times?

KC,

Camping is at an all time high. RV sales are through the roof. Camping world stock is up 200%. It's all part of the C-19 EOTW stuff. People are buying the "Bugout" vehicles thinking they will play Walking Dead in the RV running from the hoards of Covid-Zombies.

Try looking for a reasonably priced used RV right now. If you have one taking up space you want to get rid of, now's a good time.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
SW seems to have a weird inventory system. As I understand it, it's centralized and local store management has no control over it. At least that's what I've heard.

Paul

Stupidity has its way, while its cousin, evil, runs rampant.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Paul39
SW seems to have a weird inventory system. As I understand it, it's centralized and local store management has no control over it. At least that's what I've heard.

Paul

Same has been true for Cabelas and Bass Pro.

But yeah, it is worse now because of the panic buying and the distribution disruptions.

Lunatic fringe....we all know you're out there.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
It’s like that everywhere here in Colorado. It went from I can’t find toilet paper and hand sanitizer to I can’t find anything camping related, Fishing related, mountain bikes, atv’s, UTV’s, kayaks, boats and travel trailers. Good luck finding a camping spot at any state park near a lake too! Everyone has realized that the only thing they can do is spend time outdoors, it’s crazy. I was at a popular mtn bike shop that sells high end bikes, the owner told me he has never sold his entire inventory before summer even started and because of China and COVID there’s nothing coming anytime soon by way of fresh stock.

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I recently read that sales of fishing stuff are also way up along with all kinds of outdoors related equipment. Forgot where I saw it but it's probably a combination of being out of work, bored, and a way to social distance.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by KC

I’d say you need to get out more often.

LOL

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
The stimulus payments for people who never lost their jobs helped too. The ATV shop I frequent told me a lot of guys used the stimulus checks to get new ATV’s and UTV’s.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Oh my, for heaven’s sakes, wonder what could be going on.

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by AlaskaCub
It’s like that everywhere here in Colorado. It went from I can’t find toilet paper and hand sanitizer to I can’t find anything camping related, Fishing related, mountain bikes, atv’s, UTV’s, kayaks, boats and travel trailers. Good luck finding a camping spot at any state park near a lake too! Everyone has realized that the only thing they can do is spend time outdoors, it’s crazy. I was at a popular mtn bike shop that sells high end bikes, the owner told me he has never sold his entire inventory before summer even started and because of China and COVID there’s nothing coming anytime soon by way of fresh stock.

Yes. All 100% true.

Our governor declared outdoor recreation "essential", so, with everything else shut down, the mountain are full of people. The closest thing to outdoor peace an quiet around here's the private gun range, and every weekend it's as busy as the weekend before hunting season. At least I know what's happening to all the 9mm and .223 Ammo.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
IC B3

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
As mentioned, a lot of fishing lures (including flies) are made in China.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by KC

KC, I'd say it's more panic buying than an inventory problem.

Funny how things change in an instant. I feel a sense of reverence from the same people who ridiculed me out the side of their mouths for the last many years about "stocking / gearing up".

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
We were in the SW in Twin Falls, ID a couple days ago. They have large empty shelves all over the store. We were looking at camping gear and saw a lot of empty space.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
A
add Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by slumlord
Oh my, for heaven’s sakes, wonder what could be going on.

Haven't seen anything like this in 30 years!

Epstein didn't kill himself.

"Play Cinnamon Girl you Sonuvabitch!"

Biden didn't win the election.
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Twin Falls store looked like Mother Hubbard's Cupboard a month ago. Hardware store in Gooding had more outdoor stuff, and ammo at fair prices than SW.

Well this is a fine pickle we're in, should'a listened to Joe McCarthy and George Orwell I guess.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I went to midwayusa to get some .38 special ammo the other day.....a lot of kinds inventoried but only one in stock. Thank goodenss for lots of reloading supplies.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I'm not too worried about ammo and fishing equipment. My local Super1 grocery store limits purchases of beans to 2 cans or 2 packages of dry beans. Might go back to gardening.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
I bought a 50# bag of pinto beans yesterday. $30. Should last a while.

NRA LIFE MEMBER
GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS
ESPECIALLY THE SNIPERS!
"Suppose you were an idiot And suppose you were a member of Congress... But I repeat myself."
-Mark Twain
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
We have 75 pounds of rice, so there.

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
This is bullschit. I can't find spray can cheese anywhere. This is seriously impacting my camping trip to the coast next week.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
233 members (01Foreman400, 12344mag, 257 mag, 2UP, 300jimmy, 10Glocks, 26 invisible), 1,633 guests, and 895 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,592
Posts18,397,926
Members73,815
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.