Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
A few days ago my wife was leaving for the store. She attempted to call me from the driveway and since I am not one to have my phone in the crack of my azz 24/7 I didn't get the call. She comes in pissed off.

We have a middle aged maple tree near the road. That tree had a limb on it that was almost a tree in itself. It stuck out 43 feet and went entirely over the driveway. On a clear day with no wind that limb decided to fall, completely covering the driveway.

The wife asks, " How am I going to go to the store?"
My answer, " You're not." Gas on the fire.
Next Question, "How are the tenants and Chris going to get in the driveway"
Answer, " Their not." More gas on the fire.

So she says, " Just tie it to the lawn mower and pull it off." Now the limb is still attached to the tree and it would take several tons of pull to drag it. What I had was a 1/2 diameter braided rope like you would use to tie a boat up.

I say, " That ain't gonna work." Again gas on the fire.
So I do it. Tie the line to the tree and the front of my truck. Of course, as expected, it snaps like a string.
I tell her I have to get a chainsaw and a chain. More gas on the fire she storms off into the house. That after she calls me lazy because I told her someone else might have to cook while I do this. Lazy, the guy who violated medical restrictions to do what was needed to get a room ready for two boys, and damn near died because of it. Right, an un-reasoned emotional outburst common to the female gender. Especially one who is already mentally ill with BiPolar disorder.

Rarely do I get openly angry. Years of being a C/O I control my emotional expressions. But that pissed me off and I slam something down on the bench. She slides back into the house, problem over. I so rarely get openly angry with her when I do she shrinks away, then she is calm after that.

So I go to Lowes and buy a 20' tow cable to ad to the 12 foot of chain I already had. I bought an electric chain saw since I don't need much and don't want to deal with mix gas I would rarely use.

Back to the house and quickly looking at how I'm going to do this without straining myself. Another stay in the hospital and another chest tube is something I wish to avoid. Two cuts on heavy parts and attach the cable and chain. Attach to the front hook on my truck and put it in 4 wheel low reverse. Pulled them up like they were nothing. Cut three other light limbs that were over the drive way and toss them on the lawn. Done, start to finish 45 minutes including going to the store which is only a mile and a half away.

I go back in the house and tell her she can go now. She is rather dumbfounded. Really, that fast!, she says. I tell her, " Right tools make the job easier. Planning before you start makes the job easier."

As far as the tree goes, we had already contracted a tree company to remove A giant elm that is alive, a smaller but still large dead elm, a dead pine and to dress up the maple under story. Since this contractor is a certified arborist he will evaluate the maple tree. If he believes it needs to be removed that will fall on the city. We have a municipal electric system and the easement is 30 feet each way from the center of the road. The tree is completely within that easement.

Looking at the tree I see areas that are clearly compromised. This limb that broke did so because the center wood rotted out from that fungus. There are two holes that are the diameter of a limb but one is 15 inches deep and the other 9 inches deep. There are seemingly like areas on limbs up in the tree.

The thing is the electric lines run within 3 feet of the tree. There are very large and long limbs going almost all the way across the road. City job, they already took down a big Sycamore in that easement and an elm, didn't cost me a dime. I hate to loose this last big tree on my property, but it is what it is. Once the arborist notifies the city of his findings the whole thing is on them.

The older I become the more I am convinced that the voice of honor in a man's heart is the voice of GOD.
GB1

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Can't mix logic with emotion. It just won't work.

For even when we were with you, we gave you this rule: "If a man will not work, he shall not eat."

2 Thessalonians 3:10
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Women wake up in a different world every time they blink their eyes.

Fact.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
MAC Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I think I married her sister. My wife pitched the same sort of fit when we lived in FL and had a huge limb from a pecan tree in the backyard fall on and crush a fence. She couldn't understand why I could just walk out, remove the limb and fix the fence without going to the hardware store first. I guess she thought I kept extra chain link fence in my friggin' pocket.

You get out of life what you are willing to accept. If you ain't happy, do something about it!
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
I got one of those bipolar wife things too. When she isn't s sceaming about me or something else, she does some serious screaming in ecstasy, so all is well. The stuff we put up with...

IC B2

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Sounds exactly like my wife.

Doesn't understand why it's a bad idea to remodel the house and "open it up" the first story by removing load bearing walls.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
My wife would’ve already hooked a chain to it

She’s a pinger

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Man, I can't wait till lm 90.

TRUMP- GABBARD 2024
O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
I'm guessing this in not your first marriage.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Boy am I thankful for my little lady.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Were her eyes twitching, racing back and forth when you were having your "discussion"?

Lol.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
They're all mysterious and unexplainably surly
The very few that are amiable are all taken and
have long been married and I would imagine
they were reserved at a very young age

My biggest mystery has been why the ones I've
interacted with have such an aversion to having
a readily accessible supply of female sanitary
supplies on hand, and instead insist on an
urgent foray to an overcrowded store, usually
at some oddball hour when the red river is
approaching flood stage.
We KNOW it's needed every month.

(Me, in a low soothing tone) " Babe, why don't we
get a couple more packages of these for next month "

( Her ) sniffle sniffle- bedroom door slams shut- small
shelf on wall containing knickknacks rattles- eerie
silence throughout house. . . .

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I always get a kick out of guys airing their relationship problems here. Sorry - I'm not going to be any help.

About all I can add is that when I hear "can't you just..." I start laughing.

Lunatic fringe....we all know you're out there.

Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by OregonCoot
I'm guessing this in not your first marriage.

Nope, second. I tried like hell with the first but it was a one sided effort. Sat down and told her we were going to fix it or end it. Her response was effectively end it. I went to my dad's house and a month later put her azz on the street. She had to move to Nevada with her son. She was offered peace yet elected to war. I treated her like the enemy just like I should. No emotion, no empathy whatever. Empathy and residual love is the biggest downfall of men in a divorce. Bet the bitch ain't got it for you so why have it for her.

She got off with $200 a month for 2 years and I consider that a bargain.

The older I become the more I am convinced that the voice of honor in a man's heart is the voice of GOD.
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
On the odd occasion my wife jumps me about something like that, I tell her to fix it herself. Sometimes she does. Sometimes she replies " I can't". That's when I tell her to lay off and I'll take care of it. Usually the end of the story.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
I have been with that make and model of woman, lifetimes ago it seems.

I opted for a lady who doesn't give me that kind of grief. She knows that if she isn't going to do some task, her input beyond, "When are you going to do that?" is not required. She is also very grateful when I take care of the things she can't. She isn't one of those entitled brats that think the world revolves around them.

I belong on eroding granite, among the pines.
T
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
T
It's nearly impossible to reason with anything that has a vagina. They just don't think like men do.

Just because you're offended doesn't mean your right.
A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Women have zero common sense.

Due to the increased price of ammo, don't expect a warning shot...
A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Originally Posted by slumlord
My wife would’ve already hooked a chain to it

She’s a pinger

What's a pinger?

Due to the increased price of ammo, don't expect a warning shot...
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Torqued
It's nearly impossible to reason with anything that has a vagina. They just don't think like men do.

That's why it's pointless to argue with a Democrat.

Progressives are the most open minded, tolerant, and inclusive people on the planet, as long as you agree with everything they say, and do exactly as you're told.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

582 members (12344mag, 16penny, 007FJ, 10gaugemag, 10ring1, 06hunter59, 54 invisible), 2,433 guests, and 1,256 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,242
Posts18,466,827
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.