-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Just look at California and Massachusetts. That is our future and the lawyers will have a crack at us every chance they get. It's the hillary clintoon plan based on the diane feinstain plan.

kwg

For liberals and anarchists, power and control is opium, selling envy is the fastest and easiest way to get it. TRR. American conservative. Never trust a white liberal. Malcom X Current NRA member.
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Our rights are God given and only enumerated by our Constitution. I’m amazed the sheeple blindly follow govt mandates.

Already the first amendment is being infringed, see “hate speech” 🤦🏼‍♂️

If the 2nd falls the govt is free to trample any rights it chooses.

Many bodies have been buried to defend our rights. The vast majority lost their lives on foreign soil.

It’s disheartening and sad to think the next battle to defend our God given rights may take place on our homeland.

But if it’s to be, I pray and trust those defending our rights will be filled with courage and fortitude.

Better to die on your feet than upon your knees.

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Hotrod_Lincoln
Originally Posted by Leanwolf
Source???

A retired Navy officer who coordinated the coverup. He shared the story with my father in the early 1950's at a family reunion. In the 70-something years I was priveleged to know Dad, I never knew him to lie about anything. The situation was supposed to be a murder-suicide pact between Roosevelt and his mistress. She shot him, and then didn't have the fortitude to kill herself.

H.R.L., I am not saying your father was a liar, but that story told by a retired Navy officer, just does not make any sense whatsoever.

FDR wanted his mistress to blow off his head and then she was to commit suicide?? Huh? A Navy officer involved in the "coverup" of the murder of a sitting President by his favorite squeeze?? Huh?? What happened to the murdering mistress afterward?? No one in the Secret Service ever mentioned anything about what happened on their watch?

And now, 75 years later this is the first anyone's heard about the "murder" of FDR? Way too many holes in this story for credibility.

As I said, the story just does not make a lick of sense.

Thanks for the reply.

My opinion.

L.W.

"Always go straight forward, and if you meet the devil, cut him in two and go between the pieces." (William Sturgis, clipper ship captain, 1830s.)
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
The news media and Congress LIED to the American people and covered up the fact that FDR was a cripple (Frank the Crippled Commie), no telling how much other nonsense about that bastard was also covered up.

"To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical." -- Thomas Jefferson

We are all Rhodesians now.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
I'm not going to bother to read about some Dem plan. I do expect that if Joe had any actual input, he's weighing the groping and sexual assault of women and girls pretty heavily in his "solution".

I belong on eroding granite, among the pines.
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Stophel
Originally Posted by ElkSlayer91
And about 97% of the existing citizenry today would "roll over and accept losing their right to bear arms too".

A lot of the 3% who would fight would most likely die, and who knows if they'd win, .....

I believe this is absolutely true. Just look at how many people are going around wearing masks today! And no one is even pointing a gun at them. All it took was to be told by an "authority figure" that it was "for the greater good"....

As a result of a decree from Tommy the Commie, AKA governor of PA, you gotta wear a damn mask in order to purchase a needed item in certain stores. I assure you that the fact I’ll wear a damn mask does not reflect on my commitment to my rights.
You’ve gotta pick your battles. Wearing a freakin mask is an idiotic pain in the azz, but it’s NOT a hill worth dying on.
Rights are God given, not government decreed. Know what is worth defending, and act accordingly.
There’s an awful lot of people who feel just like me. I don’t doubt that a vast majority of gun owners would comply with a ban/turn in order.
But wearing a mask to avoid a hassle doesn’t make a good comparison.
7mm

"Preserving the Constitution, fighting off the nibblers and chippers, even nibblers and chippers with good intentions, was once regarded by conservatives as the first duty of the citizen. It still is." � Wesley Pruden

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by 7mmbuster
Originally Posted by Stophel
And about 97% of the existing citizenry today would "roll over and accept losing their right to bear arms too".

A lot of the 3% who would fight would most likely die, and who knows if they'd win, .....

I believe this is absolutely true. Just look at how many people are going around wearing masks today! And no one is even pointing a gun at them. All it took was to be told by an "authority figure" that it was "for the greater good"....

As a result of a decree from Tommy the Commie, AKA governor of PA, you gotta wear a damn mask in order to purchase a needed item in certain stores. I assure you that the fact I’ll wear a damn mask does not reflect on my commitment to my rights.
You’ve gotta pick your battles. Wearing a freakin mask is an idiotic pain in the azz, but it’s NOT a hill worth dying on.
Rights are God given, not government decreed. Know what is worth defending, and act accordingly.
There’s an awful lot of people who feel just like me. I don’t doubt that a vast majority of gun owners would comply with a ban/turn in order.
But wearing a mask to avoid a hassle doesn’t make a good comparison.
7mm

I've heard the "pick your battles" argument before.

Synopsis is: I am not willing to rock the boat when it comes to small inconveniences and infringements of my rights, but somehow, when the rights that I have decided are important, which apparently don't include the right to freely associate, or the right to private property, are infringed, and my life is on the line, then I will courageously do ALL the right things.

Horseshit. If I want fertilizer, I'll consult livestock.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
With all the history I’ve read, this is the first I’ve heard of a murder/suicide in FDR’s death.
Not trying to pick a fight, but everybody of his inner circle knew he had one foot in the grave and the other on a banana peal.
Even in February at the Yalta Conference, both Stalin and Churchill knew he was a live cadaver in a wheelchair. Probably the only guy who didn’t know was Truman.
For the second in command to be kept totally in the dark about matters of security tells you a lot about FDR. Many people of “The Greatest Generation” revered FDR, but if you read deeper into the story, you lose most of your respect for him.
7mm

"Preserving the Constitution, fighting off the nibblers and chippers, even nibblers and chippers with good intentions, was once regarded by conservatives as the first duty of the citizen. It still is." � Wesley Pruden

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Phuq off.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Phuq off.

Funny, that was what I said. Truth hurts, huh?

IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by gonehuntin
The news media and Congress LIED to the American people and covered up the fact that FDR was a cripple (Frank the Crippled Commie), no telling how much other nonsense about that bastard was also covered up.

She should have shot him back in '35. smile

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by gonehuntin

Well the news media did not do a very good job of hiding the fact that FDR was a cripple. Many, many people around the U.S. knew he'd had polio and had to use braces to walk, etc. My mother and father certainly knew it as they'd talk about it during WW II, etc. FWIW, I was eight years old when FDR died and I remember it and the subsequent state funeral, which was filmed and shown in movie news at theaters.

Just an aside here, supposin' H.R.L's. story were true. I would think that the Navy officer who was out telling the story would be somewhat concerned about his own longevity, no matter it was several years after the fact. Given the enormity of such a "plot," there would have been numerous conspirators who would have had to be "disappeared." How did a Navy officer involved in the "coverup," escape??? And there would have been many others.

By the way, I know about the secrecy of the Manhattan Project, but Stalin knew about it long before Truman told him, thanks to Fuchs and other Russian spies in the U.S. People talk, quite often when they should not.

As I said, in my opinion it does not make any sense to me.

L.W.

"Always go straight forward, and if you meet the devil, cut him in two and go between the pieces." (William Sturgis, clipper ship captain, 1830s.)
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
With all the history I’ve read, this is the first I’ve heard of a murder/suicide in FDR’s death.
Not trying to pick a fight, but everybody of his inner circle knew he had one foot in the grave and the other on a banana peal.
Even in February at the Yalta Conference, both Stalin and Churchill knew he was a live cadaver in a wheelchair. Probably the only guy who didn’t know was Truman.
For the second in command to be kept totally in the dark about matters of security tells you a lot about FDR. Many people of “The Greatest Generation” revered FDR, but if you read deeper into the story, you lose most of your respect for him.
7mm

I don't revere him. Neither did my WWII decorated combat veteran Father.

FDR was a power hungry blight on America.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
C
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by Oakster
As radical as the left has become, this type of talk is too calm... to normal....

Eventually, a dem will get the presidency and they will go full scale against guns and start people getting used to limitation. I fear we will see the end of gun ownership in the next 20 years. It is honestly like the government doesnt listen or cant hear the people.

Oh, that's just crazy talk. That's like saying the government will someday force the citizens to turn in all of their gold, and then devalue the dollar afterwards, which they could never do, because it would be illegal, and the justice department would never let it go unpunished...

Biden loving POS

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

579 members (007FJ, 10Glocks, 16penny, 10gaugemag, 10ring1, 12344mag, 52 invisible), 2,279 guests, and 1,164 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,243
Posts18,466,901
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.