Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
P
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
P
Many members here on the forum have followed the family hunting and fishing adventures as our kids have been growing up. Several years ago I gave Layne a fly tying vise that he has used to tie his own trout flies and all of our crappie jigs. The jigs work very well as you can see in the pictures. Having honed his skills, he is enjoying more time at the tying bench and would like to make his "Layne's Lures" crappie jigs available to members here on the forum. (Request to post has been approved by Rick.)

Below are pictures of 1/8 oz. jigs that are available mix & match, first-come/first-served. Colors can be tied on either the 1/8 oz. white/black or orange heads or the 1/32 oz. black heads (last picture). All prices are $4/6 jigs + shipping. (Best value for quantity/shipping is the USPS small flat rate box.) Please send PM with questions, orders, or custom requests. Thanks for viewing and good luck on the water!

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

"Kids don't remember their best day of television."
GB2

P
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
P
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Dad, have him look into some chartruese paint for the head w/red eye. Makes a killer jig w/ white feathers as well as chartruese. Not trying to run your business. powdr

P
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
P
Originally Posted by powdr
Dad, have him look into some chartruese paint for the head w/red eye. Makes a killer jig w/ white feathers as well as chartruese. Not trying to run your business. powdr

Thanks. We haven't fished with that color combination, but will look into options for it. I will let him tie some and then offer to go test them for him. grin (I don't have to ask twice to get him interested in going. All I have to do is mention the possibility of going fishing and he will be in the garage getting everything set out and ready to go.) I appreciate the suggestion!

Last edited by Proud_Dad; 07/11/20.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
668 members (1minute, 1Akshooter, 10gaugemag, 1beaver_shooter, 17CalFan, 75 invisible), 3,160 guests, and 1,468 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,673
Posts18,399,532
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.