Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
N
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
N
II have a Chilean Mauser. It shoots fine with 139 PPU ammo. The problem is with the trigger. It comeback to a point until you put more pressure on it. I saw on one sight that these triggers were made to function this way?

GB1

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Uhhhh....yep.

It's called a "two-stage pull". Universally found on milsurps since day one. The idea was/is to give the sear a really deep bite to keep the striker from accidentally jarring off under extreme service use. The first half of the pull, which is very light in nature usually, is on a cam which draws the seer engagement apart almost to the point of letting go- taking most of the deep bite out of the "at rest" engagement. At that point then, the seer lever comes down off the cam and the pull gets a little harder to overcome for the last little bit of engagement.

Unless you completely understand the subtle geometry of one of these triggers, it's a really smart idea to let them the heck alone. It's easy to muck it up and end up with an unsafe trigger. Best advice is that if the second stage pull is nasty, some judicial stoning/polishing can be done to the seer and cam surfaces to smoothen/lighten the triggers somewhat. Rather than doctor the trigger into a single stage pull, my advice is to simply replace it with a Timney or something.

Shoot it a while and get used to it. You'll be surprised how efficient it is, and how second nature the management of it becomes after getting accustomed to it. After all, a bazillion soldiers learned to use them- you can too!

"You can lead a man to logic, but you cannot make him think." Joe Harz
"Always certain, often right." Keith McCafferty
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
But it's a Chilean, not Bazillion! grin

"Live like you'll die tomorrow, but manage your grass like you'll live forever."
-S. M. Stirling
N
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
N
Thanks.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by Theo Gallus
But it's a Chilean, not Bazillion! grin

A gazillion clowns out of work, and.... 😂😇

"You can lead a man to logic, but you cannot make him think." Joe Harz
"Always certain, often right." Keith McCafferty
IC B2

H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
I've a lot of memory's of a 95 mauser! Cleaned my uncles little gunshop. Swept floors, pulled bullets, emptied trash! Those kind of things, my pay for a week was my choice of any rifle or carbine from the old GI can! He had a couple cans of different old milsurp rifles! I chose the cleanest and number matched carbine he had. Chile had good taste in weapons. Killed my first deer and elk with that mauser! It now rests in the back of the safe, in its original splender! Still one of my favorite rifles and calibers!

Last edited by Heym06; 07/13/20.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

135 members (44mc, 7887mm08, 007FJ, 7mm_Loco, 10gaugemag, 12 invisible), 1,459 guests, and 783 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,599
Posts18,454,574
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.