Online Content
Campfire Ranger
V
Williston’s has a lot of ammo today, except 22s

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Paul39
SW seems to have a weird inventory system. As I understand it, it's centralized and local store management has no control over it. At least that's what I've heard.

Paul

Similar to Walmart's.

kwg

For liberals and anarchists, power and control is opium, selling envy is the fastest and easiest way to get it. TRR. American conservative. Never trust a white liberal. Malcom X Current NRA member.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by BigDave39355
Originally Posted by slumlord
Clover Valley needs to make game load.

You any close to the DG worldwide headquarters?

Goodlettsville or something.

You could be the official campfire DG liaison.

About 60 miles

Not sure if the AMC Eagle would make up there without overheating

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by kwg020
Originally Posted by Paul39
SW seems to have a weird inventory system. As I understand it, it's centralized and local store management has no control over it. At least that's what I've heard.

Paul

Similar to Walmart's.

kwg

But unlike Walmart, Walmart has people who actually understand data.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
Originally Posted by BigDave39355
Clover Valley needs to make game load.

You any close to the DG worldwide headquarters?

Goodlettsville or something.

It's on the interstate between Bowling Green and Nashville, about at the point where traffic goes from Bad to Insane.

If their stores would start cutting baloney sandwiches and selling nightcrawlers, there wouldn't be much need to go anywhere else.

IC B2

U
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
U
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
Originally Posted by UPhiker
I used to be firearms manager at their (2008) shortlived Allen Park, MI store. All ordering was done centrally. They hardly sent us any S&W 642s even though they were flying off the shelves. They told me that our inventory was modeled after their Wisconsin stores. The only problem was that at that time, Wisconsin didn't allow concealed carry so the gun wasn't popular there.

Sounds like they need a real Data Scientist to help them with their inventory control.

Or someone with local knowledge. We were also real heavy with musky lures, which isn't a big thing around here. Slug guns were in short supply, too.

U
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
U
There's a small Ohio chain that's doing good, with good selection and pricing. It's called Fin Feather and Fur and has around a half dozen stores in the northern half of the state.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Not fishing related, but try and find chickens around here.Bought some lumber the other day from Amish lumber yard, kid says they are selling more lumber for chicken coups than anything else right know. Wife bought four pullets and best price we found for Spangles that she wanted was $10 a piece. Used to buy a dozen for $10 last year. Chicken wire is impossible to find around here. I can't imagine most people actually taking care of chickens long enough for them to start laying. Simply crazy, chickens of all things.

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
I used to be firearms manager at their (2008) shortlived Allen Park, MI store. All ordering was done centrally. They hardly sent us any S&W 642s even though they were flying off the shelves. They told me that our inventory was modeled after their Wisconsin stores. The only problem was that at that time, Wisconsin didn't allow concealed carry so the gun wasn't popular there.

Sounds like they need a real Data Scientist to help them with their inventory control.

Or maybe just let the local managers order what they need.

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A

Or someone with local knowledge. We were also real heavy with musky lures, which isn't a big thing around here. Slug guns were in short supply, too.

A real DS dosn't need local knowledge. He can correlate complementary item that sell well locally to know what to, and not to stock. I've always contended that's a good part of the reason Gandermountain went out of business. They stocked all they stores as if the whole country was Minnesota.

But listening to your end users also helps....

Last edited by antelope_sniper; 07/11/20.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The ganderMTN in Central MS stocked elk calls.

Dave

�The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely to be the one who dropped it.� Lou Holtz

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I heard the Walmart in Olive Branch and Hernando Ms, was lowest they have ever scene on all fishing gear.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by Rick n Tenn
Academy is low on everything , sit in the parking lot finishing my beer and watched all the rednecks spending there simulis checks and unemployment . Their coming out with bikes , grills and fishing poles , Even saw a lady walk out and take her shoes off and throw them in the trash while she put on her new sandals .

I stopped at the Southaven Sportsmans warehouse and they seemed to be out of stock on a lot of stuff . Didn't even look at the guns and ammo .

I think they may be having problems reordering .

Rick, I like your style.

‘Sitting in the parking lot finishing my beer and watching the rednecks’ ‘.

I like it !

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
All of the sporting goods shops near us are running low on everything. Fishing,ammo,reloading,etc. I pick up a little here and there.

Just because you're offended doesn't mean your right.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Bass Pro has a sign, something about correct change.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Bass Pro has a sign, something about correct change.

You gotta pay to go thru the turnstill?

Just to spend money in the store..

Sweet baby jeebus.

Dave

�The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely to be the one who dropped it.� Lou Holtz

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by KC

Went fishing a couple of days ago and of course lost as many flies as fish were caught. Since Cabelas was victimised by a hostile takeover, and Bass Pro has diminished the Cabelas warraty, I have stopped patronizing both stores. So, I stopped by Sportsmans Warehouse to refill my supply of flies. Wow! Half of the shelves are empty. Not ammo mind you, but Camping gear, and fishing gear and accessories. Why is the production or shipping of those kind of things affected by the problems of the times?

Because all that crap is made in CHINA

Maker of the Frankenstud Sling Keeper
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by KC

Went fishing a couple of days ago and of course lost as many flies as fish were caught. Since Cabelas was victimised by a hostile takeover, and Bass Pro has diminished the Cabelas warraty, I have stopped patronizing both stores. So, I stopped by Sportsmans Warehouse to refill my supply of flies. Wow! Half of the shelves are empty. Not ammo mind you, but Camping gear, and fishing gear and accessories. Why is the production or shipping of those kind of things affected by the problems of the times?

same in flagstaff store

Originally Posted by jorgeI
...Actually Sycamore, you are sort of right....
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by AlaskaCub
It’s like that everywhere here in Colorado. It went from I can’t find toilet paper and hand sanitizer to I can’t find anything camping related, Fishing related, mountain bikes, atv’s, UTV’s, kayaks, boats and travel trailers. Good luck finding a camping spot at any state park near a lake too! Everyone has realized that the only thing they can do is spend time outdoors, it’s crazy. I was at a popular mtn bike shop that sells high end bikes, the owner told me he has never sold his entire inventory before summer even started and because of China and COVID there’s nothing coming anytime soon by way of fresh stock.

Some piece of [bleep] broke into my garage and stole mine and my wife’s mountain bike. I have not been able to find anything in the same class to replace either one. Everything is sold out unless you want to pay $4k or more.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Near all commercial flies are tied in Asia. Might be a virus shipping issue.

1Minute
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

179 members (35, 6mmCreedmoor, 257 roberts, 2UP, 44mc, 10Glocks, 22 invisible), 2,208 guests, and 869 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,281
Posts18,467,710
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.