J
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by AB2506
Originally Posted by huntsman22
looks more like a jackass.....

I totally agree that it looks more like a donkey than a mule, especially with that black stripe running down from his withers.

It is no mule.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
GB1

S
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
S
Guys I am a log building carpenter I am not Adam Cartwright. I am not a cowboy. Looked like a mule to me. Yes I called 911 what the hell am I supposed to do with a wild donkey obviously the animal needed help I am not a Bucking Bronco I am not going to lasso a 350 pound animal. I have not practiced my lassoing skills lately.

At 7:30 tonight, a big white SUV pulled up to my place, followed closely by a deputy. The lady in the SUV is the owner of the donkey. She said it is a donkey not a mule. They live 2 miles away. They have a big fenced in pasture with a bunch of lambs. They have 2 donkeys in there to protect the lambs from coyotes.

Last night this donkey got in to a fight with the other donkey and he got his ass chewed up. He jumped the fence, and came over to my place. She came to my place, with the deputy, because I had called 911 about it and left my address. See, calling 911 did have good results.

This gal had several relatives running around all over my mountain on 4-wheelers searching for the lost, ass-whipped donkey. They found the guy an hour ago and took him back home, and put him into a separate pasture, where the badass donkey couldn't beat up on him any more.

I found this out a minute ago when I called the gal who owns these quadrupeds. And I told her, "Y'all need to get this donkey some karate lessons."

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
That is a Sacred Cross Donkey

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gv80FUW9wWA

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Got a couple of boo boos on him

Gonna have to put em down

-deer assassin

W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
All's well that ends well.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
IC B2

L
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
L
I once adopted 2 burros from the BLM and staked them out on my youngest son's lawn w/ ribbons abound their neck as Christmas gifts from their Gparents.

The previous year he listed my house 100k under market w/ our phone # on April 1. My kid has a sick sense of humor inherited from his mother. grin

mike r

Don't wish it were easier
Wish you were better

Stab them in the taint, you can't put a tourniquet on that.
Craig Douglas ECQC
L
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
L
oops, double tap

mike r

Last edited by lvmiker; 07/11/20.

Don't wish it were easier
Wish you were better

Stab them in the taint, you can't put a tourniquet on that.
Craig Douglas ECQC
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by wabigoon
All's well that ends well.

Yup!

Most of the donkeys I've seen are so neglected it's damned criminal. No foot care especially is the hardest thing for me to see. They are tough buggers, often living in such conditions that they'd be better off if they weren't so damn hardy.

MAGA
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Did he sing for you?

MAGA
J
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by simonkenton7
Guys I am a log building carpenter I am not Adam Cartwright. I am not a cowboy. Looked like a mule to me. Yes I called 911 what the hell am I supposed to do with a wild donkey obviously the animal needed help I am not a Bucking Bronco I am not going to lasso a 350 pound animal. I have not practiced my lassoing skills lately.

At 7:30 tonight, a big white SUV pulled up to my place, followed closely by a deputy. The lady in the SUV is the owner of the donkey. She said it is a donkey not a mule. They live 2 miles away. They have a big fenced in pasture with a bunch of lambs. They have 2 donkeys in there to protect the lambs from coyotes.

Last night this donkey got in to a fight with the other donkey and he got his ass chewed up. He jumped the fence, and came over to my place. She came to my place, with the deputy, because I had called 911 about it and left my address. See, calling 911 did have good results.

This gal had several relatives running around all over my mountain on 4-wheelers searching for the lost, ass-whipped donkey. They found the guy an hour ago and took him back home, and put him into a separate pasture, where the badass donkey couldn't beat up on him any more.

I found this out a minute ago when I called the gal who owns these quadrupeds. And I told her, "Y'all need to get this donkey some karate lessons."

Was she married?

I Dindo Nuffin
IC B3

W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
I've seen the burros used to break club calves to halter lead. Something to see, the burrows legs are no bigger than a broomstick.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Out in our country one can just leave his front gate open and he will acquire livestock. We still have cattle drives employing our highways and a herd might string out over a mile or so. A couple seasons back we picked up about a dozen cows and 8 calves one morning. Two days later a half dozen sheep.

1Minute
S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Lot of folks use donkeys to protect their sheep or goats.They usually don't get much care. Donkeys a naturally hate dogs and coyotes so they make good protection animals

If God wanted you to walk and carry things on your back, He would not have invented stirrups and pack saddles
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
I took a direct kick in the knee by one of those donkeys. Still have the scare tissue to this day.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by wabigoon
I've seen the burros used to break club calves to halter lead. Something to see, the burrows legs are no bigger than a broomstick.

Know someone who tied a steer to a donkey to train it to lead.
They got sidetracked and forgot. The next morning the donkey was dragging
a bigger steer around. Dead.

Cows need a lot more water than a donkey. grin

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by saddlesore
Lot of folks use donkeys to protect their sheep or goats.They usually don't get much care. Donkeys a naturally hate dogs and coyotes so they make good protection animals

Yup. And lots of folks should be tied to a tree with no food or water for a couple weeks too. Watching some poor fuggin donkey hobble around on skis for feet because the pasture isn't abrasive enough to wear down their feet is criminal. Negligent because they are either too stupid and naive to know any better, or too callous to care.

MAGA
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Looks like a horse to my eyes.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
J
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J
Damnit Col T, just as im getting convinced you know about ever thang, you prove you dont know schiett from shinola. Crap.

I Dindo Nuffin
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by deflave
Looks like a horse to my eyes.

Thats what she said

MAGA
J
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J
Hahaha. I was called "el caballo" or some such. Freaking silent "lls". Cabyaho".

Last edited by jaguartx; 07/11/20.

I Dindo Nuffin
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

583 members (160user, 1minute, 007FJ, 01Foreman400, 10gaugeman, 204guy, 65 invisible), 3,234 guests, and 1,212 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,533
Posts18,452,957
Members73,901
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.