-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Kahuna
OP Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
I think it's just a matter of time. It was established to bury Civil War soldiers on property owned by Robert E. Lee's family, who were slave owners. There are confederate soldiers buried there, too. I'm waiting for protesters to attempt to destroy their grave markers and destroy anything else that belonged to Lee's family. This is federal property. If they try, it'll be time to send in the Marines - with a vengeance.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
GB1

J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Sickermore, how long?

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
My Dad is buried in National Cemetery Number 1...my Mom too. I spoke with the Superintendent there several years back when all this started. He told me a story about a bunch rolling into the cemetery and getting out and starting to mess with some graves. Cemetery personnel were on them like Rosie O' Donnell on a five gallon bucket of lard. Turned out they were school kids out there for a project. He said "we ain't playing here. It ain't happening and anybody attempting it...charges will be filed,". I would guess it is even more so for Arlington. The only way it will happen is if traitors are in charge and they order personnel to stand down and my guess is, they wouldn't. I worry more about private cemeteries.

Last edited by EthanEdwards; 07/11/20.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Might happen if they are feeling suicidal.

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
You mean General Lee's place?

g

"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."
Thomas Jefferson

GeoW, The "Unwoke" ...Let's go Brandon!

"A Well Regulated Militia" Life Member

IC B2

W
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
W
You can bet that it’s coming. Private cemeteries are likely in great trouble, due to no one watching all the time. Right now, these animals have a free pass and they know it. No telling how far this goes before it is stopped. I hope that someone, somewhere, fights back. Maybe someone will catch some filth desecrating the grave of one of their ancestors, and let them have it.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by wilkeshunter
You can bet that it’s coming. Private cemeteries are likely in great trouble, due to no one watching all the time. Right now, these animals have a free pass and they know it. No telling how far this goes before it is stopped. I hope that someone, somewhere, fights back. Maybe someone will catch some filth desecrating the grave of one of their ancestors, and let them have it.
Everybody on here will encourage that until it happens. Then it will be a mixture of "you just can't kill another human being over a dead person," and parsing some bs details about how the shooting(s) went down.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
When will they show their ass at the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier?

B
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
B
They need to be made to hurt very bad.

MOLON LABE
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I dont even think the terrorists are that stupid.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
It's happening right now:

https://www.kxii.com/2020/07/07/confederate-memorial-vandalized-at-ardmore-cemetery/

ARDMORE, Okla. (KXII) - On the morning of Saturday, July 4th, Ardmore Police were called out to Rose Hill Cemetery in Ardmore.

“A citizen had reported that there was a monument that had been defaced,” said Ardmore Police Captain Claude Henry.

“It was painted on, it had the letters WWJD on it. Also there were 2 granite plaques that had been damaged what appeared to be from a hand tool,” said Henry.

Police are assessing the situation but right now estimate at least $2,000 in damages.

The monument was erected in 2013 by the Oklahoma Sons of the Confederacy. It honors Confederate soldiers, particularly the 190 soldiers that are buried at Rose Hill Cemetery; 10 from the Indian Territory.

City of Ardmore employees came by Monday morning to start removing the graffiti from the monument.

Henry says this isn’t the only act of vandalism seen in town recently.

“We have seen a little bit of vandalism in Ardmore at the east side of town directed at the community pool. There was some spray paint vandalism that took place over there as well. At this time it’s unknown if these incidences are connected,” said Henry.

Right now there are no suspects, so any information is helpful.

“Any suspicious activity, you know if you see any subjects walking around with paint, spray cans, things of that nature, or they’re acting like they’re vandalizing property,” said Henry.

Anyone with information on the vandalism is asked to call the Ardmore Police Department at 580-223-1212.

"To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical." -- Thomas Jefferson

We are all Rhodesians now.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
There is s confederate memorial in arlington

I
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards
...like Rosie O' Donnell on a five gallon bucket of lard.

Good one.

Don't blame me. I voted for Trump.

Democrats would burn this country to the ground, if they could rule over the ashes.
H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
That could be the spark that ignites this powder keg.

And these zombies line up and eat from the media’s trough

Cowards CANNOT be free. Nor should they be.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
I
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I
Years ago while leisurely driving East we came across an old cemetary in western Virginia, perhaps near Lexington. In it were the graves of many Confederate officers. Unlike many old cemetaries, someone had carefully tended the graves, and recently placed small Confederate flags by each one. At the time I thought, what an act of devotion and honor. How easy it would be for evil persons to destroy that cemetary, tipping over the tombstones of honorable men. And I am the great great grandson of two northern soldiers.

I worry too about the markers and monuments at all the battlefields I have visited. Many are in isolated places, where actions happened, and cannot be guarded very well.

Then there are the historical markers along our highways.

Don't blame me. I voted for Trump.

Democrats would burn this country to the ground, if they could rule over the ashes.
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards
Originally Posted by wilkeshunter
Everybody on here will encourage that until it happens. Then it will be a mixture of "you just can't kill another human being over a dead person," and parsing some bs details about how the shooting(s) went down.

This^^^

I Dindo Nuffin
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by gonehuntin
It's happening right now:

https://www.kxii.com/2020/07/07/confederate-memorial-vandalized-at-ardmore-cemetery/

ARDMORE, Okla. (KXII) - On the morning of Saturday, July 4th, Ardmore Police were called out to Rose Hill Cemetery in Ardmore.

“A citizen had reported that there was a monument that had been defaced,” said Ardmore Police Captain Claude Henry.

“It was painted on, it had the letters WWJD on it. Also there were 2 granite plaques that had been damaged what appeared to be from a hand tool,” said Henry.

Police are assessing the situation but right now estimate at least $2,000 in damages.

The monument was erected in 2013 by the Oklahoma Sons of the Confederacy. It honors Confederate soldiers, particularly the 190 soldiers that are buried at Rose Hill Cemetery; 10 from the Indian Territory.

City of Ardmore employees came by Monday morning to start removing the graffiti from the monument.

Henry says this isn’t the only act of vandalism seen in town recently.

“We have seen a little bit of vandalism in Ardmore at the east side of town directed at the community pool. There was some spray paint vandalism that took place over there as well. At this time it’s unknown if these incidences are connected,” said Henry.

Right now there are no suspects, so any information is helpful.

“Any suspicious activity, you know if you see any subjects walking around with paint, spray cans, things of that nature, or they’re acting like they’re vandalizing property,” said Henry.

Anyone with information on the vandalism is asked to call the Ardmore Police Department at 580-223-1212.

This sounds like one of my kind of sentences.

Last edited by jaguartx; 07/12/20.

I Dindo Nuffin

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

462 members (10gaugemag, 17CalFan, 10gaugeman, 204guy, 007FJ, 2500HD, 43 invisible), 2,565 guests, and 1,243 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,598
Posts18,454,398
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.