Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
There are some industry’s that are wiped out, with unemployment running 10%-20% they should extend unemployment benefits, just don’t make benefits pay more than working. The job market is going to be really bad for another year at least, maybe two.

"Life is tough, even tougher if your stupid"
John Wayne
GB1

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
I'm not really sure about how long it should go on. I know that many of the people are making substantially more smashing their nuts at home now than they did on the job. So why the hell would they be in any kind of a hurry to return to work. I also know small business owners that are hiring new help because the help they had don't want to give up the extra unemployment benefits till they end. I work in the building trades and have been lucky enough to keep a job in front of me for the most part. Most people aren't going to go back to work till the money runs out. This has created a new breed of lazy ass bums I'm afraid.

Just because you're offended doesn't mean your right.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I could use another 1200.00.

I
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I
Originally Posted by dassa
We should keep paying people until there is a vaccine, or until everyone feels safe. Or so I've heard.

They've been trying to develop an AIDS vaccine for 44 years.

The ordinary flu vaccine is only effective in about 50% of the cases.

And then there are all the loons who refuse to get vaccinated.

So good luck.

Don't blame me. I voted for Trump.

Democrats would burn this country to the ground, if they could rule over the ashes.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
My son is working for Google from home. I can hear him when I take care of grandkids. He interviews other engineers all day. The economy is growing.

There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. -Ernest Hemingway
The man who makes no mistakes does not usually make anything.-- Edward John Phelps
IC B2

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by IndyCA35
Originally Posted by dassa
We should keep paying people until there is a vaccine, or until everyone feels safe. Or so I've heard.

They've been trying to develop an AIDS vaccine for 44 years.

The ordinary flu vaccine is only effective in about 50% of the cases.

And then there are all the loons who refuse to get vaccinated.

So good luck.

Get on any community based social media page and you’ll find millions of people saying that their children will not get the Bologna vaccine due to the urgency of its development.

So there’s that.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Clarkm
My son is working for Google from home. I can hear him when I take care of grandkids. He interviews other engineers all day. The economy is growing.

Some parts of economy, specifically cloud and online retail. Anything travel related, retail, etc are screwed. Unless you’re are programmer you might be screwed for a while. Strangely enough residential construction is booming here.

"Life is tough, even tougher if your stupid"
John Wayne
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
#everyonedeservesahouse

LOL
H
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
H
Originally Posted by deflave
Enough with the jokes.

This virus is so deadly that police and firemen have no changes to their day-to-day activities. They purposefully encounter total strangers on a regular basis and will even enter their homes, do a little wrestling, and drive them to another location.

Teachers however, cannot be around little kids because they might get sick. You might think that comes with the job but you are wrong. An iPad is just as good if not better.

Also the park rangers must shelter in place whilst the 16 year old at McDonald's can stare into the eyes of death so they can hand you a bag of food that is of no risk due to your eating it somewhere that isn't McDonald's.

It all makes total sense. We're all in this together.

Here, here!

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
What drives me nuts is that we have 0 cases on our island. But the city offices are closed. But everything else is open.

To make things fair, they should ban the city employees who sit behind locked doors from going to the grocery store when they get off work.

IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Mistake #1 was immediately rolling out a stimulus package. Domino effect after that

H
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
H
Originally Posted by Calvin
What drives me nuts is that we have 0 cases on our island. But the city offices are closed. But everything else is open.

To make things fair, they should ban the city employees who sit behind locked doors from going to the grocery store when they get off work.

A friend of mine works in a county jail.

County Atty., judges the whole county admin. closed down. Paid of course.

Jail staff/Sheriff's dept.? Taking arrest orders, transporting prisoners for the azzwholes that exempted themselves.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
At least you won't have to pay teachers. I saw on another thread that most would happily work for free to keep children safe. So how many millions upon millions of dollars will that be?

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
We're a broke azz country thanks to our government for putting US in over $20 trillion in debt. I don't owe anyone anything and feel the government shouldn't pay a dime to the freeloaders and deadbeats. I can see taking care of our veterans, elderly and disabled but the heck with supporting everyone because they don't want to work. In our little town there's a half dozen businesses in town that have help wanted signs. There's plenty of work available but folks are to sorry to get off their azz and support themselves.

Life is good live it while you can.
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Classic government intervention.

Private entities have no choice but to shut down but the protected classes of .gov employees get to have a say in the matter.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by TimberRunner
If a 1200 dollar check is what you are living off of, you've got BIG problems.

And you are in no mental shape to cast a vote.

All of my Pennsylvania employees are pulling $1149 per week of unemployment and my New Jersey employees are pulling something like $1349 per week.

It’s not as much as I pay them on a regular 40 hour week but it’s damn sure enough to get by.

Enjoy the hunt while it lasts!
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

452 members (10gaugemag, 17CalFan, 10gaugeman, 204guy, 007FJ, 2500HD, 41 invisible), 2,560 guests, and 1,240 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,598
Posts18,454,398
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.