Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
I
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
I
I Hammered my 20X20” inch 1/2” Thick AR500 Gong at 825 Yards a couple of Morning’s ago, 3 Shots just under MOA, With 1 of my Old TC Renegade Sidelock Muzzleloaders that i put together, This was done with OPEN/PEEP Sights. Bullet is from a Buffalo Arms Paper Patch Mold that i Cast. Mold is JIM443-530E, Elliptical Design. I cast these Bullets of 1-20 Alloy. Powder Charge was 85 Grains by Weight of Swiss 2F Powder, With Home Punched 1/8” Thick Wool Felt Over Powder Wads

Thompson Center Renegade Stock, Lee Shaver Long Range Soule (Super Grade) Tang Peep sight. .45 Caliber, 32” Green Mountain Barrel, 1:18 Twist, With Lee Shaver adjustable Windage front sight, and Shaver’s BPCR Inserts.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

“Absolutely nothing is good enough if it can be made better. And better is never good enough if it can be made best." Author Unknown
GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Lord Black RULES!

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
fine shooting and really fine PP bullets! now i will be on google earth for hours trying to spot your range.

the consolidation of the states into one vast republic, sure to be aggressive abroad and despotic at home, will be the certain precursor of that ruin which has overwhelmed all those that have preceded. Robert E Lee
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
I
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
I
Originally Posted by deerstalker
fine shooting and really fine PP bullets! now i will be on google earth for hours trying to spot your range.

I’m gonna say 30 Miles from ya, maybe 35? The way the Crow Flies that is. We really should get together sometime and Shoot, i have a REALLY COOL Old, But New .58 Cal that I’ll make you a Good Deal on smile

Last edited by Idaholewis; 07/10/20.

“Absolutely nothing is good enough if it can be made better. And better is never good enough if it can be made best." Author Unknown
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
just what i need another gun. been trying to shoot one a day for the last month. some days i do some i don't. body just don't cooperate like it should.

58 hmmmm! then i'd need a new mold, brushes, never ends! terrible to be a firearm junkie! crazy

the consolidation of the states into one vast republic, sure to be aggressive abroad and despotic at home, will be the certain precursor of that ruin which has overwhelmed all those that have preceded. Robert E Lee
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B2

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Now that's impressive.

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Damn good shooting IL, and yes deerstalker, you NEED that 58, if you don't buy it I may, and I don't need it, already have two. smile

Trump Won!
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Aperture Sights!!

Peep sights damnation!

Reminds me of PEEPING TOM!!

[bleep] er ree!!

Aren't there any long/flat valleys in that area you could shoot??

Last edited by Sharpsman; 07/11/20.

Even birds know not to land downwind!
H
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
H
Fine shooting. Have you chronographed it?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Idaholewis

I’m gonna say 30 Miles from ya, maybe 35? The way the Crow Flies that is. We really should get together sometime and Shoot, i have a REALLY COOL Old, But New .58 Cal that I’ll make you a Good Deal on smile

pm me your deal Satan! can't resist at least looking!

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Sharpsman
Aperture Sights!!

Peep sights damnation!

[bleep] er ree!!

that is a long flat valley where we live! grin
Oh! you mean bottom land where all the people crowd together. area is growing so fast i'm looking at land north of the arctic circle.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
I
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
I

LOL! I think it’s gone? There is fella close by here that was interested, He has been interested for Several Months, I sent him an ultimatum yesterday on the Rifle, He is suppose to get back with me to Come look at it.

I
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
I
Originally Posted by Sharpsman
Aperture Sights!!

Peep sights damnation!

[bleep] er ree!!

LOL! This is Funny

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

LOL! I think it’s gone? There is fella close by here that was interested, He has been interested for Several Months, I sent him an ultimatum yesterday on the Rifle, He is suppose to get back with me to Come look at it.

let me know. i have a neighbor interested in one of my 50's so i might be able to steal some dog food money to make the deal! grin

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
O
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
O
I'm a die hard black powder guy from way back when. Stated with a 50 cal T/C Renegade that my son iin Tennesee shoots deer with now, and I'm playing with a 54 cal flinter most often for my deer hunting.

BUT....

DANG!!!! THAT is some SUPER impressive shootin' you've done there Sir! Great job!

Last edited by Old_Man; 07/13/20.

Youthful enthusiasm is replaced by old age and treachery!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
This might be stupid.

With a tang sight and hook breech, do you bed the barrel?
Do anything to stabilize the barrel.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
I
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
I
Originally Posted by Dillonbuck
This might be stupid.

With a tang sight and hook breech, do you bed the barrel?
Do anything to stabilize the barrel.

Nope, Nothing at all, In fact i have 4 Different Barrels that i Switch Back n Forth in this Stock, From Slow Twist Patched Roundball, to Fast Twist Bullet Barrels

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Cool.
I often think about bedding my Hawkin, so it is snug.
That's shooting barrel mounted sights at deer 100 yards away.
With a flinchlick.

Never did.

You just convinced me that would be tilting at windmills.

Like most gun mods.....

Real results would be better if the time and money were spent,
shooting the thing!

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Awesome shooting. Really enjoy watching you hammer steel with the BP guns!

Semper Fi
G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
You’ve caused my addiction to resurface. Messaged you on YouTube the other day about lube. Now I’m chasing a damn peep sight to sit atop one or the other of my hawkens. Now I can’t get away from you. ;-)

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

559 members (1minute, 260Remguy, 160user, 10gaugemag, 10GaugeKS, 1Longbow, 63 invisible), 2,141 guests, and 1,257 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,287
Posts18,448,910
Members73,900
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.