Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
B
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
B
Wanting something in the 2-3lb range. What do you like and what did it cost? Not wanting to dump as much as I have in the rifle ($300) on a trigger.

Originally Posted by Bristoe
It's about like this:

"Do you puff peters?"

"Hell no!"

"NAZI!!!"

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
I am just thrilled with the Ruger BX trigger. I have never been overly trigger sensitive unless it was a really bad one. The BX breaks light and clean. Not really a "glassy" break, but clean enough. It is certainly better than I am.

L
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
L
You can buy replacement parts from Volquartson or Power Custom to get a much nicer pull. On a couple of mine I used a video from Rimfire Central to reduce the sear engagement and got nice hunting triggers. I can dig up the link if you want it. The BX 22 works well for hunting and plinking, but i don't know if it gets under 3#.

Last edited by LeonHitchcox; 05/06/20. Reason: spelling
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I used a Power hammer & sear kit years ago in mine and really liked it. It was $59 last I checked.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
While the BX isn't exactly a match grade trigger, it is so much better than the basic trigger that you know that Ruger doesn't just install them on all 1022s so that they can gouge 10/22 owners for another $60 or so.

I keep a couple BX triggers on-hand so that I can install them on any new or used 10/22 that comes through the door.

IC B2

D
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
D
I’ve used Clark and Volquartsen parts to build a great trigger. I even installed a trigger stop using a Brownell part drilled and tapped in the trigger guard.

I have a Jard fire control unit. Good, but I like the ones I’ve built with those parts, better.

DF

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
No objections with the BX trigger itself, but what I don't like as well as the stock set up is that extended magazine release. I've never had to change magazines so fast that the standard flush mounted release didn't work just fine.

My other auto is a .45

The bitterness of poor quality is remembered long after the sweetness of low price has faded from memory
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Windfall
No objections with the BX trigger itself, but what I don't like as well as the stock set up is that extended magazine release. I've never had to change magazines so fast that the standard flush mounted release didn't work just fine.

I don't like the extended magazine release that Ruger uses, but have swapped nearly all of mine for an under-lever style, like the Timber Creek EMR XL.

B
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
B
Thanks gents. RX trigger just installed. Exactly what I was looking for, installed in my stainless/walnut 20" sporter. Grab a Gun had them for $59+shipping.

The CDNN 10/22 target model I'm picking up tomorrow allegedly comes with the BX trigger (or a non-chitty factory trigger). If it ain't up to snuff Grab a Gun is getting another $67.

It's about like this:

"Do you puff peters?"

"Hell no!"

"NAZI!!!"

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I sent one to Brimstone and did the low cost option. More than happy with results. I went with sweet spot and is 2#. This was a new plastic trigger. Just an option for you.

"Mark the birds and handle your Dog"
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by bigfish9684
Thanks gents. RX trigger just installed. Exactly what I was looking for, installed in my stainless/walnut 20" sporter. Grab a Gun had them for $59+shipping.

The CDNN 10/22 target model I'm picking up tomorrow allegedly comes with the BX trigger (or a non-chitty factory trigger). If it ain't up to snuff Grab a Gun is getting another $67.

Let us know what you think about that CDNN target model when you get it.

B
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
Let us know what you think about that CDNN target model when you get it.

Picked it up over lunch. Heavy bastard, but seems well put together considering the last 10/22 I bought had to get a new receiver from the factory due to a chitty drill/tap job. I like the "spiraled" barrel. The trigger is nice, somewhere around 3lbs with some creep (not as good as the BX I got yesterday). Scope and rings delivered today by the mailman. Will get it to the range or my aunt's pond to slay some frogs this weekend.

It's about like this:

"Do you puff peters?"

"Hell no!"

"NAZI!!!"

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
What's your favorite frog load?

B
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
B
Anything that makes them fly up in the air. Which two weeks ago was a mix of American Eagle and Winchester I've had laying around for years.

FWIW, a 12ga will make a 30ft plume of water and rain down frog parts 50 yards away 5 seconds after the shot. Cousin did that, and I was watching from up on the deck. Nearly pissed myself laughing. How that little pond supports so many thousands of frogs is beyond me. They're REALLY loud, but there's no bugs. So loud if you're more than 10 feet away from each other you have to yell.

It's about like this:

"Do you puff peters?"

"Hell no!"

"NAZI!!!"

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
I have a couple of BX triggers. They are an improved trigger over the stock trigger. However, the BX trigger does not seem to have a clean break point. The BX trigger has a light pull and as you are pulling, it breaks. The after market trigger kits from Volquartsen or Tandemkross tend to give a light crisp trigger break that is more predictable. A good 10-22 gun Smith can improve the stock trigger so that it has a light clean break.

The Volquartsen trigger kit will not work in a BX trigger. Volquartsen is working on a solution and the following is from their web page regarding their trigger kit:
"Not compatible with the Ruger BX-Trigger"

Tandemkross has a 10-22 trigger kit that will work with a BX trigger. They charge an extra 10.00 for the BX kit over their kit for a stock trigger. To make their kit work in the BX trigger, they include a Ruger stock disconnector.

The BX trigger is a good product, however if you want a clean crisp light trigger break, I would go with a quality after market kit or have a good Smith do the job for you.

Last edited by Lennie; 05/13/20.

In training to be an obedient master to my two labs

Shooting, fishing and hunting
H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
I've used Volq hammers and been happy.
Current 10/22 just has factory hammer stoned, spring clipped.......is close to aftermarket, and cost nothing.
Youtube has vids.

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
I like the bx for the money, i have a brimstone tier 2 and its not that much better than the bx for the money in my opinion

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

603 members (222Sako, 160user, 10gaugeman, 1moredeer, 10gaugemag, 1beaver_shooter, 66 invisible), 2,494 guests, and 1,181 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,115
Posts18,464,455
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.