Campfire Regular
R
Menards suck

GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Fubarski
Originally Posted by 12344mag
Ahhh, Remember the day when we were told that masks did no good..............Now they're good..........I'm confused.

That was a scripted aspect of the hysteria.

The Covid insanity is, at least in part, a study by elements of .gov deep state, to see how far the public can be pushed, and how stupid the public is.

That's why they have Dr. Falsie say one thing one day, and the opposite a week later, purposely.

To prove to themselves, for future use, that a portion of the American population is so stupid they'll blindly do what they're told, no matter how obviously idiotic it is.

I wish Trump would demand mask compliance country wide, like a boss. Maybe even tell us it's a real game changer. Lol

Checkmate, Karen.😎

@jameslavish

If you work 40 hrs/wk: at 5% inflation and after 5 years, you need a 28% pay raise or to work 44 more hours (*one full extra week* per month+) to make up the difference.

This is inflation
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by TrueGrit
Our local hardware store is builders supply and they require you wear a mask, I walked in told the owner to go F himself and walked out, people are a bunch of pussy's. People are brain washed and their brain is dead.

And the people in the store at the time went home and told their friends and family about the wacko that went into the hardware store and had a temper tantrum. I gues you showed him.

Fight fire, save lives, laugh in the face of danger.

Stupid always finds a way.
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by 12344mag
Ahhh, Remember the day when we were told that masks did no good..............Now they're good..........I'm confused.

That was a scripted aspect of the hysteria.

The Covid insanity is, at least in part, a study by elements of .gov deep state, to see how far the public can be pushed, and how stupid the public is.

That's why they have Dr. Falsie say one thing one day, and the opposite a week later, purposely.

To prove to themselves, for future use, that a portion of the American population is so stupid they'll blindly do what they're told, no matter how obviously idiotic it is.

I am inclined to believe that the actions taken in the name of covid are more to slow western economies down to break the reliance on chinese goods.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
My brother in law got lumber from Menards for a greenhouse, a project that took him a while. So the lumber sat a bit before he got to all of it, and most had warped so bad it was unusable. As I recall, they did allow a return at least. Must have been very poorly dried wood.

IC B2

E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
I went to the grocery store this morning and they kicked me out because i was barefoot and shirtless...

Fugging commies with their feel good rules. They are just trying to get Biden elected I tell you.

Im not shopping at that stupid grocery store anymore. I read on the internet toe cheese is good with fresh tomato, who wears those stupid shoes anyways, they dont do nothing but make you think your feet are protected.

E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
Originally Posted by UPhiker
Originally Posted by add
Originally Posted by UPhiker
How many don't wear shirts and shoes when they go into a store? To all that say they can't breathe well, the masks are very permeable.

Thy name is irony.

No, it lets air through but not moisture droplets, sorta like Goretex. It's amazing how doctors can wear them for hours while performing delicate surgery and don't have a problem with breathing.

Doctors wear masks ta keep parts of *you* from gettin on *them*.

Mask is worthless against preventing infection from doctor to patient.

"All three studies showed that wearing a face mask during surgery neither increases nor decreases the number of wound infections occurring after surgery. We conclude that there is no clear evidence that wearing disposable face masks affects the likelihood of wound infections developing after surgery."

https://www.cochrane.org/CD002929/W...g-surgical-wound-infection-clean-surgery

Not that logic will make any difference to alla the Covtards that go by "feelings".

As usual from you... incorrect lol...

Carl Flügge started it to prevent the spread of Tuberculosis to his patients. To this day it is worn to prevent infection being spread to patients wounds....

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by SKane
Originally Posted by RemModel8
For those than shun the mask, consider this;

Unless you're retired (which I suspect more here are than aren't), Covid has a major impact all business in one way or another. Talented, hardworking people that are solid at their jobs are being furloughed or laid off with many businesses closing forever. We're all eating the same szchit sandwich and want nothing more than to put this thing in the rearview mirror and to return to some sort of normalcy.

So, if wearing a mask is even 1% better than not, are we that [bleep] narcissistic that even the slightest inconvenience to our comfort or "rights" isn't worth the effort - either emotionally or physically to others?
For every one swinging-dick that thinks masks are a joke - there are 10 people that are scared szchitless about this subject.

So if wearing a mask isn't for you in places that ask you to wear them - consider falling less in love with yourself and see the wee bigger picture beyond you.

I hope every narcissistic gun owner out there turns in their guns, even it only makes everything 1% safer.

I also hope all the narcissistic drivers out there lobby their legislators to lower the speed limit EVERYWHERE to 5mph. Do you know how many lives you could save by only driving 5mph? So if driving slower isn't for you, consider falling less in love with yourself an see the wee bigger picture beyond you.

Remember, if it only saves one child's life, it's worth it!

Great, we're going the analogy route - I'll counter with 10 ridiculous versions of my own, and, it'll then be countered with "you suck, [bleep] you" banter and we'll all have wasted a glorious morning.
You wanna die on the mask-sword, have at it........Yeah, I know "give'm an inch...."

You agree with businesses doing as they wish (which I also do), but you condemn people that don't want to do as said business wants? In short you applaud a business for going with what you agree with and condemn those that want to boycott a business that goes against what the believe. There is a word for that, it's Communism.

Yep, Yankee speak.

W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W
I was in a Menards store two weeks ago. The mask thing was like most places, some on, some no mask, some under the nose,----.

Those plastic shields are a joke.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by JStor

They have implemented the half-baked mask requirement for store shoppers. I am not a fan of rebreathing mask air, and piss on them for their discrimination. I am a free man, not a mask slave. Don't ya know that "Norwegians Matter"? Apparently they don't want my money.
Same around here.. I don't like that store anyway, but even if they had something I needed that others did not, I would refuse to go there if a mask was required... Pizz on 'em..

Added: yes, it's their store and their rules.. Whatever...

Last edited by Redneck; 07/13/20.

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
This video explains why some scientists contend that a mask can help reduce the spread.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Tp...ZZ_5pYU2tcVDt2l4exytCJCJnbZD-Druxt5XUVZc

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Will be there when the doors open today and choose to save my anxieties and protests for something far more grandiose and offensive than a simple mask requirement. sleep sleep
John Menard (richest man in WI - $15B), is a major contributor to the Republican party so I choose not to cut off my nose to spite my face.

But I can agree on the silly Menards rebates, it's 2020 - there's got to be a better way.

That is more complicated than some some slaves can understand....Can you possibly reconsider rewording it into simpler terms...Like donate your $20 for the cause, but bring down the individual who gives millions....

Now, facts are if you keep your distance masks will do little to prevent infection...They will help if you blow your nose or cough close to another, but other than that they are pretty much useless...In Pa where masks are currently required many are just ignoring the rule, the key word being many and the stores are not refusing to take their dollars. One local grocery chain had, key word being had, fake shoppers pushing a cart around and when they saw someone without a mask, would bring it to their attention and then offer one from a supply they had in their cart. I didn't have one on, and told him I didn't want one and to call the police if he so desired...His reply? "They won't come."

The police have them on, but inside purchasing items at a large chain gas station, I've seen them standing next to another who isn't and they don't even give them a glance.

So the answer to the OP is don't kill the golden goose...enough of you go into Menards you will be ignored and they will take your money....Peaceful resistance...

The rest of the story...I don't wear one shopping, but at work in the hospital I do....Because if I don't I won't have a job....I'm still a mask slave.... laugh....and there is a better than even chance so would the OP if it came down to paying the bills....

Last edited by battue; 07/13/20.

laissez les bons temps rouler
L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
The utility of a mask is undeniable (except here, where all reality is put on hold). For example: https://www.pnas.org/content/early/2020/06/10/2009637117

But if you want to continue your charade, continue the epidemic, cost Trumpster votes, kill the economy, trash the "conservative" cause, and put the USA far, far behind the rest of the world in every single way you can measure, GO FOR IT.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
This video explains why some scientists contend that a mask can help reduce the spread.

Sounds good if one wears a new clean mask everyday....They give us a clean one daily at work. However, many are wearing the same mask over and over and they can easily become contaminated from any number of bacteria or viruses. Which means you then are sucking them into your nasal passages and lungs repeatedly....

Addition: Then some fail to realize one of the reasons the body was made to cough or sneeze........That reason being to clear the lungs and nasal passages of infection and contaminants. But the mask lets them stay right there so you can suck them in again....Win, win, lose, win, lose, lose?????

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
For those than shun the mask, consider this;

Unless you're retired (which I suspect more here are than aren't), Covid has a major impact all business in one way or another. Talented, hardworking people that are solid at their jobs are being furloughed or laid off with many businesses closing forever. We're all eating the same szchit sandwich and want nothing more than to put this thing in the rearview mirror and to return to some sort of normalcy.

So, if wearing a mask is even 1% better than not, are we that [bleep] narcissistic that even the slightest inconvenience to our comfort or "rights" isn't worth the effort - either emotionally or physically to others?
For every one swinging-dick that thinks masks are a joke - there are 10 people that are scared szchitless about this subject.

So if wearing a mask isn't for you in places that ask you to wear them - consider falling less in love with yourself and see the wee bigger picture beyond you.

I hope every narcissistic gun owner out there turns in their guns, even it only makes everything 1% safer.

I also hope all the narcissistic drivers out there lobby their legislators to lower the speed limit EVERYWHERE to 5mph. Do you know how many lives you could save by only driving 5mph? So if driving slower isn't for you, consider falling less in love with yourself an see the wee bigger picture beyond you.

Remember, if it only saves one child's life, it's worth it!

Great, we're going the analogy route - I'll counter with 10 ridiculous versions of my own, and, it'll then be countered with "you suck, [bleep] you" banter and we'll all have wasted a glorious morning.
You wanna die on the mask-sword, have at it........Yeah, I know "give'm an inch...."

You agree with businesses doing as they wish (which I also do), but you condemn people that don't want to do as said business wants? In short you applaud a business for going with what you agree with and condemn those that want to boycott a business that goes against what the believe. There is a word for that, it's Communism.

Yep, Yankee speak.

Well look at that, you have the communists and Yanks all figured out....Bless your little heart.....And you are sooo special.....

Addition: This is more of the crap on here that you get from the clueless...SKane is far from even thinking communist....He knows how to run a business, and how to spread his success around to others....It Is called trickle down economics...RemModel8 has a long road ahead of him if he wants to even come close to SKane in positively contributing to the Campfire.... He has shot more Big Bucks than Rem8 can probably even imagine....Then you can throw in a Grizzly....There is that trickle down economics policy in action....And he gets called a communist, by some clueless dork who doesn't have the intelligence to contribute anything other than a tired old campfire Yankee put down....Nor astute enough to know the particulars of the individual he is putting down....Which definitely qualifies as stupid speak no matter where one resides....

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Of course masks work. The government told us we could reopen if we used masks, to keep the virus from spreading. And we see the corresponding numbers of increased mask usage with new cases on the decline. You science deniers should feel ashamed.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by dassa
Of course masks work. The government told us we could reopen if we used masks, to keep the virus from spreading. And we see the corresponding numbers of increased mask usage with new cases on the decline. You science deniers should feel ashamed.

Wrong!

Did you honestly say new cases are on the decline while mask wearing is at an all time high - according to the precious MSM?

If you want to tell me masks "SLOWS" the spread of the virus, I'll buy that, but you said "to keep the virus from spreading". Dude, it's spreading and there isn't s h it you, I or anyone else can do about it. Wearing masks just kicks the can down the road. This phugger is in just about every county in the US. How are you gonna contain that? How are you going to protect the world from every surface, door knob, gas pump handle on earth? You're not, so the disease spreads. Are you hoping to avoid it until a vaccine comes? Good phoucing luck on that! I pray we get one soon, but at the best case scenario, you and I won't be rolling up our sleeves for a year at best and never is likely.

New treatments will come on line much more quickly and save lives and shorten sickness. You kicking the can down the road for that? If this thing is REALLY that contagious, you ain't stopping it! It went to every country in the world in 2 months, so you're surprised its spreading here? Don't be. Wake up! Herd immunity can be a 1 year process or a 3 year process. H1N1 circled the globe twice in 2 years WITH a vaccine. This ain't going away. Hiding behind your mask is like hiding under the covers when there is a monster in your bedroom. When you stick your head out, the monster is still there.

BTW- Yes I do wear mask, gloves and PPE for a living. I'm also nose to nose spreading aerosols with 20 people per day. Do masks work there? Of course? Do they work for non health professionals that wear phuggin bandanas, cloth masks pulled under their noses and all this other ridiculous stuff I see? Absolutely worthless. Either 6 feet social distancing is effective or why do it? Either asymptomatic people with a low viral load don't spread easily or they do. Either this is super contagious and 20 million Americans have had it (CDC estimates) or they don't and isn't that contagious. Which is it?

Originally Posted by hatari
From DocRocket:

"The pandemic is not controllable. We cannot control this. We cannot contain it. The only chance we had at containing this is when it was first getting loose from the lab in Wuhan. It was not contain by the Comu...uh. the Chinese government at that time, and after that, all questions of containment have been mute."

I want everyone in America to listen and understand that. That will end all the silliness about masks and and shut downs and shelter in place and closing schools.

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Wife and I drove 120 miles R/T to the Menards in Cheyenne, Wy last weekend.

We love the place, hit it once a month or so.

Zero mask signs. Maybe 50% of the staff and 50% of the customers were in masks, most social distancing either way and staying clear of close contact. Mostly just friendly Wyoming common sense.

The DIPCHIT ADD, after a morning of drinking:

You despair, repeatedly, constantly! daily basis?
A despair ninny.
Sack up, despire ninny.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by gunswizard
Wa-wa-wa bunch of f ucking obnoxious crybabies. Wear the f ing mask or not, just STFU !

Do you require a mask at your gunsmith counter?

FUGK CCP

It’s time to WAKE UP
GOD BLESS THE USA
WWG1WGA
THERE ARE NO COINCIDENCES
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard

Have the experts studied how it spreads through sweaty spandex?

FUGK CCP

It’s time to WAKE UP
GOD BLESS THE USA
WWG1WGA
THERE ARE NO COINCIDENCES
Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

72 members (808outdoors, 264mag, 2500HD, 300_savage, Amos63, 14 invisible), 1,103 guests, and 847 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,220
Posts18,447,482
Members73,899
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.