Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 85 of 95 1 2 83 84 85 86 87 94 95
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by TF49
...just a retired miner.
What kind of mining did you do, and where...?
I’m in Southern Colorado and there’s big mining history out here...especially coal. C.F.&I. ruled the roost out here for over a hundred years. I’ve been to many of the sites of former coal mining camps out here. The history of it all fascinates me.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
BP-B2

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by antlers
...just a retired miner.
I’m in Southern Colorado and there’s big mining history out here...especially coal. C.F.&I. ruled the roost out here for over a hundred years. I’ve been to many of the sites of former coal mining camps out here. The history of it all fascinates me.

Didn't the companies murder a bunch of on strike miners out there over a hundred years ago?

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by Hastings
...just a retired miner.

Didn't the companies murder a bunch of on strike miners out there over a hundred years ago?

Yes, Ludlow as I recall. Terrible.

The tax collector said: “Lord Jesus, have mercy on me, a sinner.” Jesus said he went home “justified.”

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
...just a retired miner.

I don’t want to talk to much about it, but..... started copper underground in Arizona, then copper underground in British Columbia, then underground lead and zinc in Missouri.... then copper mining in Indonesia, then finished out as what I would call a “trouble shooter” based in Denver.

Did a lot of traveling over the years....

The tax collector said: “Lord Jesus, have mercy on me, a sinner.” Jesus said he went home “justified.”

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I don’t want to talk to much about it, but..... started copper underground in Arizona, then copper underground in British Columbia, then underground lead and zinc in Missouri.... then copper mining in Indonesia, then finished out as what I would call a “trouble shooter” based in Denver. Did a lot of traveling over the years....
Thanks TF49.

IC B2

I
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I
Originally Posted by jaguartx
Umm, I think vice versa, mauser.

Where on earth are believers in Christ oppressors?

There are plenty of places Christians are killed and oppressed.

I think you are getting Christians mixed up with Muzzies.

How many times a day do we sound the horn for you to kneel and pray. Or drop what we are doing to kneel in the street, or forcing you to pray in church or school or making your wife wear a head covering or stoning you for crimes you do or for killing a sacred cow to eat?

What stores do we force closure of on Sunday?

Come now Jag. Can you deny the Crusades, the Inquisition, the Salem Witch Trials, the Klan, the enslavement and murder of the Indigenous Peoples of South America, Martin of Tours destroying holy sites, temples, and consecrated trees, Marcellus of Syria destroying the temples of apposing faiths. Ancient History? How about the Srebrenika Massacre?

That Christians no longer commonly practice oppression of nonbelievers is much more a matter of politics than of doctrine. Heck, plenty of Christians right here on this board regularly call for genocide of Muslims.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
...just a retired miner.

Include Uranium, Gold, Copper,Beryl, Sulfur, Red Beryl total tonnage far exceeding coal. if you include Utah, Wyoming

lots of stories about the spirits that live in those old mines,, some of the underground gold tunnels in Utah are 20 miles long. The Titans maybe. or maybe its just the subconscious of the mind as in Nietzche or Zoroaster or was that Zorro

Most people don't have what it takes to get old
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Etoh,

Just the history of the coal fields alone in Southern Colorado is a rich history.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by smokepole
Ringman, the ocean is not a closed system and there are many mechanisms that remove ions from solution in seawater. Both physical and biological processes The salt in your shaker was formerly dissolved in the ocean, and precipitated in shallow seas to form salt beds, some of which are hundreds and thousands of feet thick. Like the salt beds used to store radioactive waste at the WIPP site. Or the salt beds that formed salt domes beneath Louisiana and Texas. Same with the gypsum in your sheetrock, formerly calcium sulfate dissolved in seawater that precipitated in shallow seas. And all the limestone previously mentioned, as well as limestone all over the world came from dissolved ions in seawater, either fixed by shelled organisms or sometimes precipitated in shallow seas.

In other words, the sea is not a closed system where the ions from dissolved rocks just accumulate. There are many processes that remove the ions from solution. These materials accumulate in sediments, are lithified into rock formations thousands of feet thick, and are eroded and recycled.

And like I said before, if this has to be explained to you, you have no business taking about "chemicals in the ocean."

Here's the problem with your " there are many mechanisms that remove ions from solution in seawater". The chemicals are not in equilibrium. They are still increasing. Why is that?

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter
Can you deny the Crusades, the Inquisition, the Salem Witch Trials, the Klan, the enslavement and murder of the Indigenous Peoples of South America, Martin of Tours destroying holy sites, temples, and consecrated trees, Marcellus of Syria destroying the temples of apposing faiths. Ancient History? How about the Srebrenika Massacre?.

I will address a couple. The Crusades were Europeans taking back their counties from the Muzzies. There were only seventeen witches killed in the United States before real Christians took control. In Europe there were hundreds. Maybe even thousands. The Inquisition was a result of some secularist taking over the Catholic Church. They were not Christians. The Klan was not and is not Christian. They were and are Democrats.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
IC B3

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Ringman
Ringman, the ocean is not a closed system and there are many mechanisms that remove ions from solution in seawater. Both physical and biological processes The salt in your shaker was formerly dissolved in the ocean, and precipitated in shallow seas to form salt beds, some of which are hundreds and thousands of feet thick. Like the salt beds used to store radioactive waste at the WIPP site. Or the salt beds that formed salt domes beneath Louisiana and Texas. Same with the gypsum in your sheetrock, formerly calcium sulfate dissolved in seawater that precipitated in shallow seas. And all the limestone previously mentioned, as well as limestone all over the world came from dissolved ions in seawater, either fixed by shelled organisms or sometimes precipitated in shallow seas.

In other words, the sea is not a closed system where the ions from dissolved rocks just accumulate. There are many processes that remove the ions from solution. These materials accumulate in sediments, are lithified into rock formations thousands of feet thick, and are eroded and recycled.

And like I said before, if this has to be explained to you, you have no business taking about "chemicals in the ocean."

Here's the problem with your " there are many mechanisms that remove ions from solution in seawater". The chemicals are not in equilibrium. They are still increasing. Why is that?

It really is true that you can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink.

Once again ringman, which chemicals are you talking about, how are they being measured, and where are they being measured. And please cite your sources. For once.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
Ringman, taking the holy land back wasn't the genocide of the Lang wy doc (sp) in france by the pope. "Kill them all and let God sort them out" 6 million dualists who wouldn't bow to the Christianity. " anyone who didn't was deemed a witch.

you have Charlemagne and your time frame mixed up

Even though some termed them Crusades.

Last edited by Etoh; 07/13/20.

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
God, being Infinite shows His Power with the universe. There are three heavens. Our atmosphere, space, and beyond is "the third heaven." Of course infinite is beyond our comprehension.

Ringman, do you still need me to explain where the "chemicals in the ocean" end up? Do you know where the salt in your salt shaker comes from?

I guess I was not clear enough. I want you to tell me why if the earth and ocean is billions of years old and chemicals have been eroding into the ocean for eons, why is it not so laden life can not exist. Try to answer that, please.

Here already did. You were just too uneducated to understand the answer.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
….
...….. it was not long after that that God spoke to me… actually called me by name. Now, THAT was an experience!

Which god spoke to you? I know of several Muslims who had the same experience but they said it was Allah.

Originally Posted by mauserand9mm
Originally Posted by Raspy
Whatever you said...everyone knows you are a lying jerk.

That's a bold assertion. Point out where you think I lied.

Well?
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
That Christians no longer commonly practice oppression of nonbelievers is much more a matter of politics than of doctrine. Heck, plenty of Christians right here on this board regularly call for genocide of Muslims.

Yes, There's this member name jaguartx who called for that and the oppressive treatment of blacks on a regular basis. He claims to be a Christian, but it's pretty hard to tell based on his rhetoric.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Can you deny the Crusades, the Inquisition, the Salem Witch Trials, the Klan, the enslavement and murder of the Indigenous Peoples of South America, Martin of Tours destroying holy sites, temples, and consecrated trees, Marcellus of Syria destroying the temples of apposing faiths. Ancient History? How about the Srebrenika Massacre?.

I will address a couple. The Crusades were Europeans taking back their counties from the Muzzies. There were only seventeen witches killed in the United States before real Christians took control. In Europe there were hundreds. Maybe even thousands. The Inquisition was a result of some secularist taking over the Catholic Church. They were not Christians. The Klan was not and is not Christian. They were and are Democrats.

Over 100,000 "witches" killed in Germany alone, all killed by "good Christians".

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by Etoh
Ringman, taking the holy land back wasn't the genocide of the Lang wy doc (sp) in france by the pope. "Kill them all and let God sort them out" 6 million dualists who wouldn't bow to the Christianity. " anyone who didn't was deemed a witch.

I think you are referring to the Albigensian Crusade, which was Christians killing Christians over dogma.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
….
...….. it was not long after that that God spoke to me… actually called me by name. Now, THAT was an experience!

Which god spoke to you? I know of several Muslims who had the same experience but they said it was Allah.

It was Jesus.... I was contemplating the cross.....one of the things He said was “...if you were the only one,I would have died for you...”

No doubt.

I’ll wager that none of the Muslims you know said that. In fact, as I recall, at least one Muslim you referred to previously lied to you. Probably lying to you again.

But, you are free to doubt, disbelieve ..... remember, these are your choices.

Last edited by TF49; 07/13/20. Reason: Left out word

E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E

Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
Originally Posted by Etoh

I think you are referring to the Albigensian Crusade, which was Christians killing Christians over dogma.

yes that crusade Cathars/dualists.,

the other crusade (holy land) was establishment of trade routes and their protections, invention of banking system including letters of credit.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Pope Urban the 2nd launched the crusade with the promise that the crusaders sins would be forgiven. He promised the remission of sins. And the landowners and knights charged off to do the first crusade and they raped and pillaged their way all through Europe, all the way to Constantinople, and all the way to the Holy Land because, after all, their sins were forgiven.

Page 85 of 95 1 2 83 84 85 86 87 94 95

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
699 members (10gaugemag, 257Bob, 257 roberts, 222Sako, 222ND, 16penny, 75 invisible), 2,758 guests, and 1,337 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,627
Posts18,398,735
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.