Print Thread
Hop To
L
LJBass Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
L
I know everyone talks about what they see on the news. I try not to what much TV or social media. Around my area you wouldn't even know there was a pandemic if it wasn't for the newspaper. Then you do the math. 3 weeks ago 1 in 32 people tested positive in Mac county. today 1 in 26 have tested positive. 1 person is dead. Then today after returning from NW Arkansas where they have city ordanances everywhere that you have to have a mask on to enter businesses, I saw a clip from NBC comparing Covid to HIV. My county has 1 death, listed as Covid induced Cardiac Arrest.

Other thing that blows my mind is they are having summer school. They still can't decide if they want to start in the fall, but they are going all summer this year. They space them out further at lunch and classes, but pack them into the buses like sardines. Mystery.

And they push it harder everyday.

GB1

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
I live in Helena, MT. My sister-in-law follows all the local "Covid" cases and deaths reported around the area, but I pay zero attention, even when she talks about it. There is a Pizza Ranch here, and the wife and I took the kids there last night. For those who haven't been, it is a buffet-style pizza restaurant, with a salad bar and a big ticket-oriented game room. There was a nod to Covid, but not really. Just some stickers on the floor and requiring new glasses for drink refills. Everyone used the buffet exactly the same as before "Covid", all patrons handling the same spatulas and scoops and bulk silverware containers, etc. The games were not wiped down. There was no attempt to socially distance patrons, or for the staff to wear masks.

It was lovely. And it is a grand reminder that people are afraid of the Boogeyman.

I used to get hit with some respiratory something nearly every time I had to fly through international airports, long before "Covid". I'd take the immune hit, and then be fine in 48 hours max. I came to expect it when crowded into a small space and sharing air with thousands of strangers.

I belong on eroding granite, among the pines.
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
The Mayor's wife has been sick and in the hospital for a few weeks.

Just the other day she was up and walking the halls and shortly after she went downhill and was put on a respirator.

She is in the 50's.

Some folks just take it harder than other folks.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by plainsman456
The Mayor's wife has been sick and in the hospital for a few weeks.

Just the other day she was up and walking the halls and shortly after she went downhill and was put on a respirator.

She is in the 50's.

Some folks just take it harder than other folks.

It is funny to me that people are now pretending that zero respiratory illnesses existed before "Covid", and that if someone has a respiratory illness, it must be "Covid", because "tested positive". Actually what it is is "Covid fear-mongering" all the time everywhere.

If I told you the Boogeyman were real, and told you every day, everywhere you look for information, do you think you would be more or less prone to believing stories of the Boogeyman's appearance? Do you imagine you would be more or less willing to attribute any deaths around you to a Boogeyman? Would your belief make the Boogeyman exist? Would all the stories you heard of the Boogeyman make the Boogeyman more real?

Sigh. I wish more people could actually acknowledge how their brains work.

I belong on eroding granite, among the pines.
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
I just don’t buy into this covid bullshit at all.

Of the worldwide death toll and considering the fragility of those that died from “covid” the numbers are skewed from the start. Once you add to the fact that doctors get more money for covid care and considering that almost any illness is “covid related” it’s apparent that this “Pandemic” has been blown out of proportion.

The international deep state will do anything to weaken the USA and they’ll get away with it unless the sheepdogs keep their fugging heads screwed on right. The McBubba and Loyd incidents were attempts by the deep state to poke our perimeter and test our response. “Our” (USA) response was pathetic.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B2

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
Good thing none of you live in Florida.

Florida

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
The doc on Today show was sick and in hospital, but tested neg for Covid after the show acted like he had it.

Social distancing has always been a good idea.

There's lots of crap out there to do you harm. And people fugging around elsewhere and coming back, ups the risk.

Last edited by hookeye; 07/13/20.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

616 members (1minute, 17CalFan, 10Glocks, 007FJ, 12344mag, 01Foreman400, 64 invisible), 2,142 guests, and 1,141 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,743
Posts18,457,713
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.