Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 7 of 13 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 12 13
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I'm from North Louisiana also and I went to vote in the Democrat primary for Bernie Saturday. I was stopped at the door by the commissioner in charge and told that I could not come in w/o a mask. I said "I don't have one". She said "pull your T shirt up over your face". I said "no I'm not going to do that" . She said "I'll give you a mask". I said "I'm not wearing a mask under any circumstances, now tell me, can I vote or not". She said "come on in and vote"

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
GB1

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Masks are for Karens

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
S
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by deflave
Originally Posted by Skankhunt42
Originally Posted by Stickfight
all you have to do is tell them you have a medical condition that prevents you from wearing a mask. They can't disprove it.

Where have you successfully used this defense?

I haven't wore a mask in well over a month in a couple of states so EVERYWHERE I've gone. Try it, it's not that hard.

I don't doubt that but rest assured, it doesn't work everywhere.

And I don't doubt you. I should say that I have wore a mask in the hospital when I had a procedure done and also when I went to see my cardiologist.

As soon as the nurse got me in the room to see the cardiologist she took hers off, so I asked if I could remove mine. She said yep so I did. I spent about 45 minutes to an hour with my cardiologist talking about a bunch of stuff and neither he nor I had our masks on. When it was time to leave he said I guess I gotta put this mask on to go out there and make a good impression.

It's complete horse shiet.

M
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
M
Do not agree with the governor's mandate
Fully support any business requiring masks, private business should be able to do what they see fit to protect their employees
Fully support anybody not wanting to go to these businesses.

Pretty simple, freedom of choice.

What I do not understand is why wearing a mask the breaking point.

Government shut down businesses during the Covid-19 "pandemic" and we did nothing
Government has allowed rioters to destroy our property and monuments and we did nothing and if you do not think it affected you, wait until you get the bill in the form of new taxes
Government has taken away gun rights especially in some states. We basically did nothing.
Freedom of speech has been quashed. If you do not think so, publicly speak out against BLM, or better yet paint one of their signs and get charged with a hate crime by our government.

Wear a mask or not, I really do not give a [bleep], but this is way down the list on rights that have been infringed.

I am glad Thomas Paine is not around to see what the country has become.

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Kenlguy
Did you ever stop to think that ALL auto parts stores in town require that you wear a mask?

Ummmmm no you don't have to. Period!

That depends on where you live and what store you're trying to go into.

Believe me... I know.

LOL

I don't doubt you Flave but all you have to do is tell them you have a medical condition that prevents you from wearing a mask. They can't disprove it.

I tried that at Publix, no go. They offered to get all my stuff and bring it out to me and were very apologetic but no mask no entry.

IC B2

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by lvmiker
Some equate pragmatism[reality] w/ ethics. I wear a mask when necessary, I also carry concealed where it is prohibited. I don't remember getting to vote to have to have gun restrictions. Life goes on and everyone gets to decide what they get excited about and where their moral boundaries lie. Dissing merchants and clerks harshes my mellow.

Debating the ethics of mask wearing is worthy of our timegrin

YMMV

mike r

I should have clarified that I wasn't speaking about masks exclusively but The Bologna Virus in general.

Agreed, purely political.

mike r

Don't wish it were easier
Wish you were better

Stab them in the taint, you can't put a tourniquet on that.
Craig Douglas ECQC
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Whats wrong with you dumb fuqks! This chit is for real just do the rest of us a favor and put on a fuqking mask. Fuqking ignoramus hicks

Coyotes shot no waiting.
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
In my once-great state, our Gubernor, Papa Andy, has once again decreed that everyone basically must wear a mask in any public place, and stores are "required" to kick you out if you don't. (there is also a court ordered stay on this royal decree, since so far our illustrious leader has not met the legal requirements for such an action... not that it will stop him). What I do find at least somewhat encouraging, is that probably 75% of people are still saying , "screw you, I ain't wearin' no damn mask". In fact, this whole time, most people have ignored the BS... and yet people aren't dropping like flies from the Kung Flu. You'd think we'd all be dead by now. Of course, the Karens think the only reason we aren't all dead is because of the quick action and leadership of Papa Andy...egad.

I do see people wearing masks, though. And these people wear them when they are alone, in their car. By themselves, walking the dog. Mowing the yard. Walking down the sidewalk with no one else around. Damn, these people are stupid.

T
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
T
Dude-- wear a friggin mask
It aint a big deal

T
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
T
I went to OReillys today -- wore a mask -- got what I wanted -- no issue

IC B3

S
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by DeadHead
Originally Posted by Kenlguy
Did you ever stop to think that ALL auto parts stores in town require that you wear a mask?

Ummmmm no you don't have to. Period!

That depends on where you live and what store you're trying to go into.

Believe me... I know.

LOL

I don't doubt you Flave but all you have to do is tell them you have a medical condition that prevents you from wearing a mask. They can't disprove it.

I tried that at Publix, no go. They offered to get all my stuff and bring it out to me and were very apologetic but no mask no entry.

I don't doubt you and I'm sure there are other places that would do the same. I just haven't come across any yet except for hospitals and medical offices,.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by UPhiker
Originally Posted by HuntnShoot
Anyone who demonstrates any ethics must be be a step away from becoming a violent schitthead who thinks destroying property is a solution.

One day you will understand that all of life is a mirror into which you continually look.
First of all, I think the word you meant to use was "integrity", not ethics. Second, you're wrong. It would have been integrity if he did what he did and there wasn't another auto parts store around to go to. Third, he lacked integrity because he ordered special parts and left them there. I also wonder if he had to put a deposit on the special order?

MONDAY
UPhiker and person_x agree to go on a fishing trip in the UP on friday.

WEDNESDAY
person_x tells various and sundry folk in public that UPhiker's dog is an egg-sucking mangy mutt, couldn;t point a pheasant or retrieve a duck, and useful only for turning good dog food into dog poop

FRIDAY
UPhiker lacks integrity if he calls off the fishing trip.

or not. maybe actions/policies/words can impact previous commitments.

Originally Posted by CWT
All I can say having studied this type of thing in college is Ya'll go ahead and get this [bleep]. As for me and my family we will wear a mask in confined public spaces and if most folks ain't wearing them the we will leave. Whether you think they will help or not, at least they will do no harm. You may also save an older man/women's life by doing it. But go ahead and and be bullheaded and subscribed to this vast worldwide conspiracy. Good lord almighty folks need to have some kind of science training in this country.Oh and math too.

youre not the only one with stem degree. and not all of them drink the kovid koolaid.

Regards,

deadlift_dude
“The very first essential for success is a perpetually constant and regular employment of violence.”
----Fred Rogers
I
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I
their house, their rules.
my money, my rules.

Had this very discussion with my auto mechanic this morning, actually his wife as she runs the office. Despite Katy Brown's orders that everyone in Oregon where a mask, the mechanic's shop is ignoring it "because we do not want to drive customers away."

On the other hand, after making three unsuccessful stops to find a strap for the winch on my boat trailer, which I broke last night and repaired with a knot, I bowed to the queen of Oregon, wrapped a handkerchief around my mouth and walked past the Mask Nazis at Walmart.

And yes, Walmart had the two inch Atwood winch strap.

Sometimes you have alternatives. Sometimes you just gotta do what you gotta do.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
U
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
U
all you have to do is tell them you have a medical condition that prevents you from wearing a mask. They can't disprove it.
Do you lie about a medical condition to get a handicapped parking sticker? Do you lie about a medical condition to use a trike in the grocery store? It's that whole integrity thing again.

U
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
U
Originally Posted by Mike70560
Do not agree with the governor's mandate
Fully support any business requiring masks, private business should be able to do what they see fit to protect their employees
Fully support anybody not wanting to go to these businesses.

Pretty simple, freedom of choice.

What I do not understand is why wearing a mask the breaking point.

Government shut down businesses during the Covid-19 "pandemic" and we did nothing
Government has allowed rioters to destroy our property and monuments and we did nothing and if you do not think it affected you, wait until you get the bill in the form of new taxes
Government has taken away gun rights especially in some states. We basically did nothing.
Freedom of speech has been squashed. If you do not think so, publicly speak out against BLM, or better yet paint one of their signs and get charged with a hate crime by our government.

Wear a mask or not, I really do not give a [bleep], but this is way down the list on rights that have been infringed.

I am glad Thomas Paine is not around to see what the country has become.

Maybe because this required the least effort for them to act like they're a rebel? As much as I hate the antifa ash-holes, at least they go out and protest. For the last 10 years, all I've heard the good ole boys around here say is "there oughta be a revolution" or "we oughta go to Washington and kill all the pols" and then they do nothing because it's too hard to get out of the recliner.

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Originally Posted by CWT
All I can say having studied this type of thing in college is Ya'll go ahead and get this [bleep]. As for me and my family we will wear a mask in confined public spaces and if most folks ain't wearing them the we will leave. Whether you think they will help or not, at least they will do no harm. You may also save an older man/women's life by doing it. But go ahead and and be bullheaded and subscribed to this vast worldwide conspiracy. Good lord almighty folks need to have some kind of science training in this country.Oh and math too.

+1 - after spending 34 years in hospitals and drug stores and listening to all kinds of hacking, snorting, gagging, wheezing, etc, I'm more that glad to wear one. I used to get laughed at when I opened doors with my sleeve. Common sense.

I'm guessing they don't get a yearly flu shot, wear seat belts or hunter orange either.

Last edited by justsaymoe; 07/13/20.

Moe

"Pick out two!"
U
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
U
Originally Posted by jfruser
Originally Posted by HuntnShoot
Anyone who demonstrates any ethics must be be a step away from becoming a violent schitthead who thinks destroying property is a solution.

One day you will understand that all of life is a mirror into which you continually look.
First of all, I think the word you meant to use was "integrity", not ethics. Second, you're wrong. It would have been integrity if he did what he did and there wasn't another auto parts store around to go to. Third, he lacked integrity because he ordered special parts and left them there. I also wonder if he had to put a deposit on the special order?

MONDAY
UPhiker and person_x agree to go on a fishing trip in the UP on friday.

WEDNESDAY
person_x tells various and sundry folk in public that UPhiker's dog is an egg-sucking mangy mutt, couldn;t point a pheasant or retrieve a duck, and useful only for turning good dog food into dog poop

FRIDAY
UPhiker lacks integrity if he calls off the fishing trip.

or not. maybe actions/policies/words can impact previous commitments.

I don't have a dog... smile

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by GRIZZ
Whats wrong with you dumb fuqks! This chit is for real just do the rest of us a favor and put on a fuqking mask. Fuqking ignoramus hicks

If it was 1/8 as deadly as people pretend it is, you wouldn't be going to any fugking store.

I promise.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
I don't have a dog... smile

Perhaps we should be friends?

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by justsaymoe
Originally Posted by CWT

+1 - after spending 34 years in hospitals and drug stores and listening to all kinds of hacking, snorting, gagging, wheezing, etc, I'm more that glad to wear one. I used to get laughed at when I opened doors with my sleeve. Common sense.

I'm guessing they don't get a yearly flu shot, wear seat belts or hunter orange either.

Being scared to death isn't a virtue.

Page 7 of 13 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 12 13

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

489 members (1OntarioJim, 204guy, 222ND, 10gaugeman, 1Longbow, 17CalFan, 40 invisible), 1,945 guests, and 1,087 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,064
Posts18,463,440
Members73,923
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.