Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
S
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
S
Long time lurker, but I’ve never bought anything from the forum. How do most make payment??

GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
USPS Money order

The lion and tiger might be stronger, but the wolf does not perform in the circus.

NRA Life Member
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by wildfowl
USPS Money order

Many prefer a USPS money order , but I will no longer accept one.

Although the gun Community does not do counterfeits there is that concern outside of the gun community.

My primary reason for not accepting them is because most of the post offices in my community are unable to cash them over $75. They cannot be deposited on your smartphone to your bank and if you do not have a bank local to you (my current predicament) they cannot be cashed at all.

People can have their Bank send a check directly to me for no charge in most cases or they can write a personal check out of an old fashioned checkbook.

Others May disagree, but I've never had a problem with a check from a 24-hour campfire member.

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Cash, U. S. Postal Money Order, Personal Check, PayPal. Pretty much depends on what is being purchased and the amount..

Phil

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
I agree that a USPS money order is a pain in the butt. You cant get them cashed at a post office because they NEVER have enough cash so you have to deposit them and usually wait for them to clear before you get your money. My bank will do a cashier’s check for little or no fee and if a seller doesn't want that - then I will reconsider a purchase.

IC B2

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
I have no problem depositing a USPS money order using my mobile device. I still prefer discreet Paypal.

Thanks, Dinny

Medics bury their mistakes..
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by ken158
I agree that a USPS money order is a pain in the butt. You cant get them cashed at a post office because they NEVER have enough cash so you have to deposit them and usually wait for them to clear before you get your money. My bank will do a cashier’s check for little or no fee and if a seller doesn't want that - then I will reconsider a purchase.

For me, a check edeposited is the quick and easiest.

I am always looking for factory wood stocks!
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Money order or a money app like pay pal Venmo or cash app

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
PayPal. Money order.

Or the new thing. Zelle thru banks.

Like PayPal both are parties are protected.

Bank info protected. Still can be ripped off.

Last edited by BigDave39355; 07/13/20.

Dave

�The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely to be the one who dropped it.� Lou Holtz

O
Campfire Regular
Online Happy
Campfire Regular
O
If USMO is the only choice I have for payment, I do not buy. Too much pain. I have bought a ton of things and pay with my check, allowing the seller to hold until check clears. Checks clear overnight in ost all cases.

IC B3

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
I've deposited several money orders via my bank apps through both of my banks.

I like PayPal as it's a click of a button and a done deal.

Everything has it's risks and pros/cons.

Biggest thing is be cautious of who you buy/sell from. Knock on wood, I haven't been burnt yet and I do a lot not buying and some selling/trading on various forums. But, I've lost some deals because I was doing my homework.

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
Zelle, PayPal, Venmo are my go to but will take a MO or cashier check

Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
Will never buy from anyone that only wants a USPS money order. Absolute pain in the a** waiting in line for over an hour every time to get one when the wife can bring me a bank cashiers check. According to her USPS Mos are one of the most counterfeited payments out there right now and she would know.

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
I’ll accept a MO but if I’m buying something it’s PayPal or I don’t buy.

There’s a lot of honest guys on here but it would only take one crook to upset my day.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Want a real headache....let a money order get lost in mail...ask me how I know.

For we preach not ourselves, but Christ Jesus the Lord, and ourselves your servants for Jesus sake. 2 Corinthians 4:5
D
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
D
If I’m selling I will pretty much take any form of payment; PayPal, Venmo, USPS MO or personal check. If it is a big ticket item I would let the check clear before shipping. When I’m buying I prefer to use PayPal or Venmo. Would use MO if seller required it.

B
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by rick1977
Want a real headache....let a money order get lost in mail...ask me how I know.

This...

pal Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
PayPal is good, except for firearms, which they refuse to do. And I won't deal with anyone who suggests cheating PayPal out of their fees by using F&F.

Personal check is very convenient as long as it is understood the check must clear before shipping.

USPS money order is a pain. But, as either buyer or seller, I try to accommodate the other party as much as possible. Everyone's situation is different.

"There's more to optics than meets the eye."--anon

"...most of us would be better off losing half a pound around the waist than half a pound on our rifle."--dhg

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I don’t so money orders after one got lost in the mail. It took 3+ months to get my money back. I was fortunate in that I got it back. There are too many easier ways to pay.

A
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
A
Paypal gift. Just do your research on the person selling it. Been using PayPal for 10 years now never a problem if you do your due diligence and it’s the fastest way to get the ball rolling. I don’t have time to get money orders and won’t buy if that’s all they accept.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

547 members (222ND, 2003and2013, 10Glocks, 163bc, 16Racing, 1badf350, 60 invisible), 2,516 guests, and 1,318 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,675
Posts18,456,159
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.