Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 12 13
Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
Get a big bastard.

You can use a stock pot to water bath some small batch stuff, but a small canner ain’t worth a fugg.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
BP-B2

O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
The All Americans are out there and available. Just not cheap.

I picked up one new and one used Mirro canner back in April / May time frame when daughters and I all decided to raise gardens this year.

ETA: Yeah, Jars may get scarce. Paid $25 per dozen for quarts on eBay back in April. Found quarts for $13 per dozen at local Amish store in May and stocked up. Just checked. eBay price now running $47 to $75 per dozen.

Last edited by Orion2000; 07/13/20.

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
We bought a used, never used, Presto canner back last fall. Dollar General here always has lids and bands. Typically jars also. A small city nearby has a honey operation w over 6k jars for sale. Qts are 10$ per 24 in plastic trays. We bought 6 cases to begin with and have done fine. Canned lots of proteins, beans. Our kids have also enjoyed the good luck.
We found our by advertising need on 5Miles. Search took less than 24hrs. No bs.
Good luck w your search.

America, Our Country and we’re taking it back.
O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
https://www.ebay.com/itm/All-American-No-941-Pressure-Cooker-Canner-41-5-qt/203043401575?hash=item2f46546f67:g:q30AAOSwoYBfBi6~

One man with courage makes a majority....

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Jim, I was inspired by your post to delve into this w/ my Intel and LE sources. Hint: avoid marathons!

I ask once again; How many green beans can you eat in 1 year?

mike r

Don't wish it were easier
Wish you were better

Stab them in the taint, you can't put a tourniquet on that.
Craig Douglas ECQC
IC B2

J
Campfire Kahuna
OP Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Uhhhhh...........yes?

I am MAGA.
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Uhhhhh...........yes?

Oh, I see.

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Last year, there was a 23 quart Presto canner at Walmart on clearance for $19.99. Of course, it was one of those items they couldn't find. Typically, they say that those things have been shoplifted. I suppose the Yoders and the Stoltzfoos's put it under their long dresses and walked out with it.

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
The last jars I got were at the dump! Fancy jelly jars and chit!

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
E
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
E
All American is what you want, because when times get bad, you won't be guaranteed a new gasket will be available if needed, and like everyone has said, it can be passed down for generations, and it's 100% USA made.

All of the new All Americans are sold out until October at all dealers, and if things go sideways, there's no guarantee October will be good. You're going to have to come out of pocket big if you want one, unless you get lucky on craigslist or other local site without someone throwing it up, and "not knowing the recent sky rocketing value in the current market, supply/demand.

The new ones, and even some used ones, on ebay are going for 1.5 - 1.5+ times what they sell for new right now.

Last edited by ElkSlayer91; 07/13/20.

"He is far from Stupid"

”person, who happens to have an above-average level of intelligence

– DocRocket (In reference to ElkSlayer91)

IC B3

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
I got an ancient big one from an old guy’s garage sale a few years back, $2. It was his 90 something year old mother’s and she got it in the 30’s or early 40’s. I put a gauge and a lid seal on it and it works great.

I inherited another big one that’s probably from the 60’s when my grandmother passed last year. I haven’t used it as my stove isn’t big enough for both of them. Too bad you’re so far away Jim or I’d make you a gift of one.

Our semi local, 20 miles away but the closest one, Ace hardware carries them and parts such as seals, rattlers, and gauges. Might be worth a look if you have an Ace nearby.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by TheKid
I got an ancient big one from an old guy’s garage sale a few years back, $2. It was his 90 something year old mother’s and she got it in the 30’s or early 40’s. I put a gauge and a lid seal on it and it works great.

I inherited another big one that’s probably from the 60’s when my grandmother passed last year. I haven’t used it as my stove isn’t big enough for both of them. Too bad you’re so far away Jim or I’d make you a gift of one.

Our semi local, 20 miles away but the closest one, Ace hardware carries them and parts such as seals, rattlers, and gauges. Might be worth a look if you have an Ace nearby.

I use a propane burner for mine, do it outside.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by mart
Originally Posted by BigDave39355
Originally Posted by slumlord
You gonna blow up the kitchen big boy. 😆

All the Karens are prepping now, cut the supply off

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Pressure canning is like reloading. Follow the rules. Don’t try to make the gun or load or canner do something it wasn’t designed to do. Looks like he tried to pressure can a double charge of Bullseye.

If you own multiple pressure canners like myself. Don’t get the weighted bobbles mixed up. 😀

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
My Mirros don’t have gauges

Just have to learn by ear on the chatter rattle.

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by stxhunter

I use a propane burner for mine, do it outside.

Hard pass. It’s supposed to be 105 tomorrow here. Ain’t no green bean on earth worth that kind of misery. Of course if I put the lid on and put it on the porch it might boil and seal them by itself. smile

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Meh

Get a cheap one

First time you suck all of the liquid out of your jars as it depressurizes, you stick it back in the closet for 10 years.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
This place has Mirro's in stock. Unless their website just sucks.

https://tiditime.com/product/mirro-...2I3BUQj6N1jhPJKXOfDD6WJ8C5BoCEhsQAvD_BwE

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B

Hard pass. It’s supposed to be 105 tomorrow here. Ain’t no green bean on earth worth that kind of misery. Of course if I put the lid on and put it on the porch it might boil and seal them by itself. smile

"When you cook outside the first 100* is free"! - tikkanut grin

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Looks like Rural King has Presto's in stock as well.

James may not approve but I'm sure they can handle the whopping 10psi required for canning.

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by slumlord
My Mirros don’t have gauges

Just have to learn by ear on the chatter rattle.

I just remembered Mirros as well!

Our cycles must be in sync.

Page 3 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 12 13

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
666 members (1234, 06hunter59, 09wingates, 007FJ, 160user, 77 invisible), 2,683 guests, and 1,208 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,605
Posts18,398,367
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.