Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Terryk Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
I picked my first zucchini yesterday. Now the avalanche starts. I'll probably pick my body weight is a week.
Tomatoes and cukes are about ready too. So my diet is destined for a while.

I think today I will grill the zuc slices with some olive oil and salt/pepper, and add that to meatballs and spaghetti sauce. A layer of provolone on top for a reduced carb lasagna cousin.

GB1

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Looking forward to the same. Sounds like your a couple of weeks ahead of me. Love foraging thru the garden.

C
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
C
I've been picking yellow squash and zucchini for a week. I'm loaded with them. String beans coming in ever day along with the cucumbers. Green tomatoes hanging by the dozens but none ripe yet.

But ........ 16 pepper plants have about 4 peppers in total. And my eggplants look terrible too. Bummer

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Zucchini is plentiful here and recipes abound, including this focaccia bread I made for the family.

Zucchini (grated) mixed with caramelized onions and finely chopped spicy capicola, topped with freshly grated parmesan and baked till golden brown.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Lynn

W
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
W
We had 3 given to us last night (our single plant hasn't started producing yet).

I'm looking forward to zuchini pancakes tonight, as well as egg-dipped and breaded zuchini patties.

IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
If that tastes as good as it looks, WOW !

Paul.

"Kids who grow up hunting, fishing & trapping, do not mug little old Ladies"
W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
The old joke, the only reason you lock your car in a small town, so it's not full of zucchini when you come back.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Miss_Lynn
Zucchini is plentiful here and recipes abound, including this focaccia bread I made for the family.

Zucchini (grated) mixed with caramelized onions and finely chopped spicy capicola, topped with freshly grated parmesan and baked till golden brown.

Lynn

Miss Lynn, If I wasn't so happily married, I would be trying hard to find out where you live. That bread looks GREAT!!!!!!

Story about a yankee who came down south and wanted to plant a garden. Told the neighbor he planted 2 rows of zucchini and wanted to know if that would be enough. Neighbor said he would find out soon. Passed is yard a few weeks later and saw a sign. Zucchini: $5 a cord!

Some mornings, it just does not feel worth it to chew through the straps!~
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by New_2_99s
If that tastes as good as it looks, WOW !

I swear to God, it tastes WAY better than it looks. No idea where the thought for the combination came from, but the spicy of the capicola, against the brown sweetness of the onions, with the mellow creaminess of the zucchini, topped with the saltiness of the parmesan was truly amazing.

Needless to say, it disappeared rather quickly, and all that was left by morning was a few shreds of toasted parmesan in the container.

When food is good my family does not chew, it inhales.

Lynn

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by travelingman1

Lynn

Miss Lynn, If I wasn't so happily married, I would be trying hard to find out where you live. That bread looks GREAT!!!!!!

Story about a yankee who came down south and wanted to plant a garden. Told the neighbor he planted 2 rows of zucchini and wanted to know if that would be enough. Neighbor said he would find out soon. Passed is yard a few weeks later and saw a sign. Zucchini: $5 a cord!

Thank you very much for the compliment smile

I enjoy cooking, it is therapeutic, and it makes people happy, so, my kitchen is always full of good things to eat, homemade, and it does not cost a fortune. As one family member sits to have a snack, another will join in, and so on, and the next thing we know, it is a gathering that brings back memories and makes new ones.

Lynn

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Very nice, Lynn. Thanks for sharing. No capicola here in WV that I'm aware of. and Idearly miss the dried meat and cheeses that were readily available when living near the city.

Denny

Lynn

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Lynn

I enjoy cooking, it is therapeutic, and it makes people happy, so, my kitchen is always full of good things to eat, homemade, and it does not cost a fortune. As one family member sits to have a snack, another will join in, and so on, and the next thing we know, it is a gathering that brings back memories and makes new ones.

Lynn

Nothing like family and good food. So many good memories revolve around it.

Some mornings, it just does not feel worth it to chew through the straps!~
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
I make Ratatouille until I can't stand it anymore then I make grilled Ratatouille or throw it into some Lasagna with Italian venison sausage. Pizza looks good.

"When you disarm the people, you commence to offend them and show that you distrust them either through cowardice or lack of confidence, and both of these opinions generate hatred." Niccolo Machiavelli
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
.....should be enough to supply the neighborhood!

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

Lynn

Nothing like family and good food. So many good memories revolve around it.

Yes, this is truly what it is all about !

Paul.

"Kids who grow up hunting, fishing & trapping, do not mug little old Ladies"
E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Stuffed or "pancakes" here. Love 'em.

Conduct is the best proof of character.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

720 members (007FJ, 10gaugeman, 10gaugemag, 1234, 10ring1, 10Glocks, 63 invisible), 2,607 guests, and 1,181 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,144
Posts18,464,952
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.