Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 9 10
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
I'll throw in a vote for the XDM10. I have the 5.25" barrel. Mine has been excellent, shoots very well, had much better sights and a much better trigger out of the box than the glock. I'm test driving the Powder River drop in trigger, and don't think I'll be able to go back.

It has been 100% reliable, fits nicely in my HPG kit bags or holster, and goes damn near everywhere outdoors with me. I have no doubt there are more accurate pistols out there, and a 1911 in 10MM would be fun. But for something I'm going to carry a lot and trust to save my life, I like the capacity and low maintenance that the plastic gets me.

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by alwaysoutdoors
No mention of the SA XDm 10mm?

I thought the XDm platform was good to go.

Got the target model. EXCELLENT gun and looking at it does not make me puke like the "block". laugh sick laugh

All my Xd's. Top to bottom

9mm 40 10mm and 45 acp All ceracoated all powder river trigger kits.
Awesome guns

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

https://thehandloadinglog.wordpress.com
μολὼν λαβέ

"Weatherby was too long so I nicknamed it "Bee""
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Dirtfarmer
Originally Posted by Fotis
EAA Witness Elite. 15 Shot.

[Linked Image from budsgunshop.com]

[Linked Image from gun.deals]

Nice.

Bet it shoots as good as it looks.

I always did like the CZ 75 design. EAA does a good job with those guns.

DF

Very very accurate. Eats anything from 135 Nosler JHP at 1503 fps to 220 Cast. I never had a malfunction and it is easy on the eyes.

https://thehandloadinglog.wordpress.com
μολὼν λαβέ

"Weatherby was too long so I nicknamed it "Bee""
65BR Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Wow, tremendous feedback, greatly appreciated. One of my regrets, passing on a 610 full length underlug, 5" at the Houston show in the late 90s, the price was right, and it was nice.........never seen another for that price...the latest 4" look pretty nifty.

The Semi's- many choices, obviously some owners vary in their experiences, but some solid choices. Appreciate everyone who contributed and anyone else who wants to chime in. Thanks folks!

E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
Another vote for the XDm. I have the 5.25” version and it has been 100% reliable with every flavor of reload or factory ammo I’ve fed it! Carry ammo while in bear country is 180XTP reloads at 1300fps. Snappy but very manageable and have confidence in this load for anything 2 or 4 legged! I keep 180 Gold Dots Loaded to 1200fps in the gun for home defense!

Elk Country

"I refuse to waste my common sense on those who have been educated beyond their intelligence"

All you need to know about Democrats is they call American citizens "Deplorables" and illegal immigrants "Dreamers"!
IC B2

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
My favorite out of the box 10mm is my Kimber Camp Guard.

Has run perfect with no mods and always goes to deer camp with me.

Stocked up on Underwood 200gr JHPs when I first got it so I haven't hand loaded for it yet.

"An open message for all Democrats; "Look you are nothing and your work is worthless. Anyone who chooses you is detestable."
Isaiah 41:24 (HCSB)

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
If I were starting from scratch, the 5.25" XDM would be where I looked first, it's got a lot going for it....but I'd compare it to the G40. This is with the main focus of trigger time and woods carry in a chest pack rig.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by bulkie_roll
I’ve owned 10mm autos since 1990 …..

I owned a Colt Delta Elite made in 1990 and it was the only 10mm I sent on its way . Fixed sights , rattled quite a bit and just wasn’t up to Colts standard ( the standard I thought Colt was known for ) . Mind you , it ate everything that was put in the magazine , just seemed cheap and got battered .

Thanks bulkie.

I have not owned any 10mm YET....but the one I always wanted is the Colt D E. Maybe just for the looks ?
In/about 1990 I saw & handled a few D E at the gun shows, just didn't pop on one.

I bought a nearly new 6906 (9mm) with Xtra mags for less $$. I still have it and have shot it tons without a hitch.

I still have an 'itch' for a semi 10 so I'll pick another brand, model. Another member here that I respect was NOT
impressed with the D E either SO....

Thanks Again

Jerry

jwall- *** 3100 guy***

A Flat Trajectory is Never a Handicap

Speed is Trajectory's Friend !!
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
I'll never sell my Delta Elite and I still have my 310 NG but if I was buying today I would not bother with a 10mm.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
D
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Originally Posted by deflave
I'll never sell my Delta Elite and I still have my 310 NG but if I was buying today I would not bother with a 10mm.

What would you go with?

DF

IC B3

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
DW Razorback, only issue is, i'll never be able to out shoot this pistol, I don't need or want another 10mm pistol, it covers it all.

Trump Won!
D
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Originally Posted by gunner500
DW Razorback, only issue is, i'll never be able to out shoot this pistol, I don't need or want another 10mm pistol, it covers it all.

I like that one...

DF

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by JCMCUBIC
If I were starting from scratch, the 5.25" XDM would be where I looked first, it's got a lot going for it....but I'd compare it to the G40. This is with the main focus of trigger time and woods carry in a chest pack rig.

I’ve shot my friends full size XD 45 ACP when they first came out and was thoroughly impressed with it . I see where a 10mm auto version could be just as nice . Again , I prefer the link-less persuasions when it comes to the 10mm auto ….

A friend picked up a new G40 when they became available ….. He bought an after-market Barsto barrel ( conventionally rifled and fully supported chamber ) immediately after . … Outstanding pistol . Love the sight radius of a 6 inch and the much appreciated velocity increase . I too own a Barsto barrel for my G20 .

Shooting the new Gen4 G40 with the variable recoil spring assembly , I swore the bullet smacked the 50 yard back stop before that thing came out of battery and cycled a new round …. Very smooth .

T
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
T
I’ve got a 1006 with adjustable sights. Meh, it’s okay, reliable and accurate enough. But I may as well carry one of my 44s with 245s going 1175, same weight more or less and the 44 has less blast and is easier to shoot to me.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

What would you go with?

DF

A .40 S&W in the pistol of choice.

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T

What would you go with?

DF

A .40 S&W in the pistol of choice.

Oh yeah. I remember you saying that in the past. But the .40 S&W cannot be loaded to near the same power level.

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G

I like that one...

DF

It's a dandy DF, your big Glock would make an easier hitter for hunting though.

Trump Won!
D
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
D

I like that one...

DF

It's a dandy DF, your big Glock would make an easier hitter for hunting though.

I'll trade triggers with ya... wink

Otherwise, agree...

DF

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Fotis

Got the target model. EXCELLENT gun and looking at it does not make me puke like the "block". laugh sick laugh

Yeah.

Those XD's are a real work of art...

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye

Oh yeah. I remember you saying that in the past. But the .40 S&W cannot be loaded to near the same power level.

I came to the conclusion by chronographing a variety of factory and handloaded ammo.

The potential is there but very few utilize it.

Lots of 10mm's are slinging the equivalent of the .40 S&W.

Page 4 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 9 10

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

75 members (264mag, 6mmCreedmoor, 10gaugemag, 300_savage, 6MMWASP, 12 invisible), 1,640 guests, and 721 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,174
Posts18,465,421
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.