Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Welcome to my world. Colorado is so much like the bad parts of California it makes me sick. Slight hope a really bad winter would help. I would move to Wyoming if the wife wasnt sick, and I a bit younger. I see new York plates at the rental home a few doors up. The two I saw would fit in a holler in w Virginia fine. Maybe that is good or mebbe not.

You can hear the same story from Nebraska, Kansas, utah, Arizona idaho.

BP-B2

T
Tarkio Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff
Originally Posted by Tarkio
Originally Posted by Morewood
Buddy of mine from California put in an offer on a home near Flathead Lake. He's a hard core conservative voting gun owner with a schit load of guns and ammo.

Just sayin' it can go the other way too. Try not to stab his tires just because of the California plates.

Drove up there to pick up my son this weekend after he was there for a week+ wrestling. Nice corner of the state. Fairly conservative still but the hordes are moving in.

I could retire up there outside the towns. The overcast would get a little old, but a lot of good there. As all the out-of-staters have already figured out.

Bought this place intending to die here. Change of plans, when I retire I'm moving to a different part of the state. I'm about as good as I could get, dead end drive, dead end road surrounded by NF and and 1/2 hour from town. It'll never get built up around my home, but dealing with the retards every fugking time you hit the highway gets old. And it's only going to get worse. And more spendy. Soon enough all that big city money won't buy so much around here, and the locals will be priced to extinction. The new residents could not give 2 fugks. If they did their own states wouldn't be what they are.

That would be the problem. Just a nice fleeting thought after spending a day up there when it wasn't terribly busy. And the boy was raving about the lake and boating which we don't have here as an option. Imagine if I move anywhere here in the state after I retire, it will be eastern Montana or maybe Garfield County.

Montana MOFO
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by BobMt

think about it this way....no one would be buying and moving in ....if there wasn't anything for sale....the "locals" are doing the selling....just like you are going to sell out.......hope you make a nice profit.......bob

I could sell my place tomorrow and make more profit than I thought I'd ever see in 3 years of working when I was young. Not the point, and wish I didn't even need to consider it. It's the younger generation that is losing out. Sure, mom and pop or gram and grandpa can sell out and make some dough. What's left for the kids or grandkids? Point being the price point to buy a starter house or little chunk of property to throw a trailer on to start out is out of reach. At some point the well will run dry. It's not an out of state thing as far as my perspective, it's an urban/rural thing. If all that drives a guy is making money, then the whole thing is nothing but a bonanza. Opinions are like azzholes, mine just stinks less than most. smile

MAGA
T
Tarkio Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by Ackleyfan
Originally Posted by Tarkio
Just found out some eternally miserable, utterly condescending liberal douche from where I hailed 35 years ago relocated to Montana. Just where you expect and insufferable condescending liberal to land, in Missoula.

Damn this state is going down the drain.

Could you possibly be two peas in a pod.............

Swing and a miss there bud.

But thanks so much for the effort.

Montana MOFO
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B

think about it this way....no one would be buying and moving in ....if there wasn't anything for sale....the "locals" are doing the selling....just like you are going to sell out.......hope you make a nice profit.......bob

I could sell my place tomorrow and make more profit than I thought I'd ever see in 3 years of working when I was young. Not the point, and wish I didn't even need to consider it. It's the younger generation that is losing out. Sure, mom and pop or gram and grandpa can sell out and make some dough. What's left for the kids or grandkids? Point being the price point to buy a starter house or little chunk of property to throw a trailer on to start out is out of reach. At some point the well will run dry. It's not an out of state thing as far as my perspective, it's an urban/rural thing. If all that drives a guy is making money, then the whole thing is nothing but a bonanza. Opinions are like azzholes, mine just stinks less than most. smile

i get what you are saying.....30 years ago paradise valley was expensive and still is...worked my ass off to get ahead....others can too.

just have to work your way up or move to where it is cheaper to buy and live....either way still gonna have to work hard.....what part of the state are you thinking about?......hope it works out well for you......bob

IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Tarkio, Bob, Gruff, you guys are golden.

As Gruff mentioned, it isn't about birth rather a state of mind.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
I relocate and they still start these threads.

WTF?

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by SamOlson
Tarkio, Bob, Gruff, you guys are golden.

As Gruff mentioned, it isn't about birth rather a state of mind.

thanks Sam.. I agree... ....bob

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Oy vey my Flave.

Please come home.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by deflave

WTF?

rumor has it you might move back....lol.......bob

IC B3

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
We have an offer on our house from WA folks. Lots of wa license plates driving around.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

WTF?

Probably.

Unless all these Jews get me to convert.

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by SamOlson
Oy vey my Flave.

Please come home.

I've lost my way.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Defugg moved?

Ignorance can be fixed. Stupid is forever!
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B

WTF?

Probably.

Unless all these Jews get me to convert.

hang out with bristoe......he will set you straight......bob

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B

i get what you are saying.....30 years ago paradise valley was expensive and still is...worked my ass off to get ahead....others can too.

just have to work your way up or move to where it is cheaper to buy and live....either way still gonna have to work hard.....what part of the state are you thinking about?......hope it works out well for you......bob

Thank you

Looking at the Ovando area. Worked a ranch there as a teenager, bought a filly down there a couple months ago.

I get it man, life isn't supposed to be easy. If it's easy it aint' worth having. Translates to chicks, etc etc. I'm not a hypocrite, if anybody cared and I felt like it I'd share but it ain't worth it on here anymore. I made it as far as me and the wife are concerned, but I'm not so selfish as to ignore my neighbors and my kids.

MAGA
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
That scenario is playing out all across the country. I lived in the Adirondacks for thirteen years. Wealthy people from the NYC area coming up there and paying any price for a home or piece of property, driving prices right out of the reach of locals.Tax rates soaring. Hard to find a place to rent even. A little house or cabin can be rented to Tourists for a week for the same money as what the monthly rent might be.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Hotrod_Lincoln
Defugg moved?

From your mom to the next.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

hang out with bristoe......he will set you straight......bob

Not in the market for a zero turn right now.

But thank you.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

Thank you

Looking at the Ovando area. Worked a ranch there as a teenager, bought a filly down there a couple months ago.

I get it man, life isn't supposed to be easy. If it's easy it aint' worth having. Translates to chicks, etc etc. I'm not a hypocrite, if anybody cared and I felt like it I'd share but it ain't worth it on here anymore. I made it as far as me and the wife are concerned, but I'm not so selfish as to ignore my neighbors and my kids.

Stop buying those stupid fugkin' horses and you should be able to move to Ovando.

Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
89 members (99Ozarks, 10gaugemag, 257robertsimp, akshooting, 15 invisible), 1,642 guests, and 751 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,728
Posts18,400,758
Members73,822
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.