Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
W
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
W
Country if you[Linked Image from i.imgur.com] prefer.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
GB1

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Looks darn good. I have trouble keeping the breading on, does that mean I need more heat or maybe the meat was too wet when I started?

"When you disarm the people, you commence to offend them and show that you distrust them either through cowardice or lack of confidence, and both of these opinions generate hatred." Niccolo Machiavelli
W
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
W
I dip in egg, and milk, twice.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
flour, egg, bread crumbs is what i do. the breading stays on like that.

My diploma is a DD214
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Chicken fried elk cube steak are to die for..

Ping pong balls for the win.
Once you've wrestled everything else in life is easy. Dan Gable
I keep my circle small, I’d rather have 4 quarters than 100 pennies.

Ain’t easy havin pals.
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
With sausage gravy...Mmmmm!!!

W
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
W
As with many fried foods, wait until the oil is hot! before putting the meat in the skillet.

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Hmm might be trying Chicken fried Buffalo or Jaeger Schnitzel also would be good as a Milanesa, but these are all chicken fried steak variations.

"When you disarm the people, you commence to offend them and show that you distrust them either through cowardice or lack of confidence, and both of these opinions generate hatred." Niccolo Machiavelli
Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
Looks great, Wabi!

Picture isn't even blurry! laugh

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Staple food here where I live. Looks great!

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
IC B3

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Thinking of buying a cuber to go in the game butchering kit after this year’s rubber elk. We eat lots of chicken fry but mostly in strips like steak fingers. May need to have some tonight now that you mention it.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by wabigoon
As with many fried foods, wait until the oil is HOT! before putting the meat in the skillet.

For my wife's benefit.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
I season the meat,flour,then dip in egg wash(whipped egg and milk) then back in the flour.Instead of white flour,I use half whole wheat flour and half corn flour.A lot of restaurants dip it in an and egg wash flour mixture then in the flour.When cooked that way,the meat shrinks inside the coating and doesn't stick to it.That gives the appearance you have a big steak but you really end up with a lot of fried batter and a small piece of meat.Cook in a cast iron skillet between med and med high heat with just enough oil that leaves the topside of the steak out of the oil,about half the thickness of the steak.Before you flip it the first time,cook it until the coating is browned first.You can look at the bottom edge of the steak and see it's starting to brown.After you flip it,the top side cooks rather quickly

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Last edited by baldhunter; 07/15/20.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
As Bob Hagel would say"You should not use a rifle that will kill an animal when everything goes right; you should use one that will do the job when everything goes wrong."Good words of wisdom...............
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by TheKid
Thinking of buying a cuber to go in the game butchering kit after this year’s rubber elk. We eat lots of chicken fry but mostly in strips like steak fingers. May need to have some tonight now that you mention it.

Get you one of those tenderizing hammers with the teeth and use it until you get a cuber.I killed an old buck that was tougher than hell.I really had to pound the Heck out of that meat or else it would shrink up the the original size and was quite chewy.I only held back the Backstraps and tenderloins and ground up the rest for sausage.He made really good sausage but those steaks were a workout before you could eat them

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
As Bob Hagel would say"You should not use a rifle that will kill an animal when everything goes right; you should use one that will do the job when everything goes wrong."Good words of wisdom...............
J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Beauty!

I am MAGA.
W
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
W
Now, I'm almost sorry I thawed a roast out. laugh

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Cut the roast into steaks, pound & chicken fry.

Problem solved !

Up top for thinking, downstairs for "dancing" !!!

Paul.

"Kids who grow up hunting, fishing & trapping, do not mug little old Ladies"
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by baldhunter
I season the meat,flour,then dip in egg wash(whipped egg and milk) then back in the flour.Instead of white flour,I use half whole wheat flour and half corn flour.A lot of restaurants dip it in an and egg wash flour mixture then in the flour.When cooked that way,the meat shrinks inside the coating and doesn't stick to it.That gives the appearance you have a big steak but you really end up with a lot of fried batter and a small piece of meat.Cook in a cast iron skillet between med and med high heat with just enough oil that leaves the topside of the steak out of the oil,about half the thickness of the steak.Before you flip it the first time,cook it until the coating is browned first.You can look at the bottom edge of the steak and see it's starting to brown.After you flip it,the top side cooks rather quickly

That looks KILLA !

Paul.

"Kids who grow up hunting, fishing & trapping, do not mug little old Ladies"
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by baldhunter

Ya man, looks perfect..

Ain’t easy havin pals.
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Some viewing pleasure..
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]bank of america arm

Ain’t easy havin pals.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

609 members (222Sako, 160user, 10gaugeman, 1moredeer, 10gaugemag, 1beaver_shooter, 67 invisible), 2,484 guests, and 1,165 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,115
Posts18,464,467
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.