Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 11 of 15 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 14 15
S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S

I’m sorry to hear of the loss of your son, I’m glad you go to hunt with him not all sons go with their dads.
All I can say is keep breathing, and give yourselves time.

God bless, and you are all in our prayers.

Spot

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Almost all of us here grew up in a time with no computers, no cell phones, no Internet, no video games, no social media and maybe had 3 channels of TV if you were lucky. We had to rely on basic human interaction, hard work, personal responsibility, respect and civility to pretty much achieve success in life. Our brains and core values developed under those conditions. Now we have all this technology but are brains are still significantly wired based on how we developed.

Unfortunately, the last couple generations grew up surrounded by all this technology and electronic input into their brains. Our input was from parents, teachers, coaches, preachers etc. Most of their input is from social media, Hollywood, a corrupt education system etc. The wrong people are controlling a significant amount of the messages going into their developing minds. And much of that messaging is approved propaganda of some very evil political scum with an agenda.

I talk smack sometimes online but the lack of civility is truly astonishing. People type things that come from the darkest parts of the human reptilian brain, that they would never ever say to a man's face. All from the comfort of a chair behind a keyboard and mouse. Think of some of the most disgusting things you've seen online and remember that today's kids have been around that most of their lives. Even if parents try to just let kids grow up and filter most of the garbage, there's still cell phones or their friend's cell phones.

We have the experience and ability to dive in the online swamp and know what's complete garbage because we've seen otherwise. Most kids are living in the matrix, fabricated by professional manipulators and they don't even know it. The value of hard work, respect, civility, critical thinking, and self worth are sadly lost to many today.

Progressives are the most open minded, tolerant, and inclusive people on the planet, as long as you agree with everything they say, and do exactly as you're told.
J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Damn.

What a deal. Very sorry.

Let me know if we can do something.

I am MAGA.
D
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
D
A parents worst fear.

Hug your family close tonight. And every night.

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
Liberalism and 'lectronics making a very toxic environment for today's youth.

You can tell them the truth, show them the way..........may reduce the risk, but it never removes it.

Shame kids can't just be worried about kid stuff.

Last edited by hookeye; 07/14/20.
IC B2

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Prayers sent for you and yours,i truly hope these filthy animals that caused this are brought to justice.

O
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
O
I just dont have the words to respond in a manner that this post deserves. It hurts to read and the pain you feel comes through in your writing. Concentrate on your family and make sure to take care of yourself. Keeps seeing someone to talk to, I think it is important to be able to work through your feelings.Prayers for you and your family. I hope you find that you have many great friends who will help you through this.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I’m not a praying man, but I prayed for you and your family, and for all the others that have gone through tragedies themselves, yet are here offering support themselves.

You are a good man, a good husband, a good father to your son and daughter. Hold them close, hold them as close as you can bear, and may God hold you even closer.

Sic Semper Tyrannis
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
May the good Lord be with you and family.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Remember the good times, don't deny the grief. You will take both with you to the end. Continue to appreciate God's blessings including the beauty of each day. We all get there someday, some take longer than others. My sincere pain at your loss, and his loss too. Best wishes.

IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by JakeBlues
Almost all of us here grew up in a time with no computers, no cell phones, no Internet, no video games, no social media and maybe had 3 channels of TV if you were lucky. We had to rely on basic human interaction, hard work, personal responsibility, respect and civility to pretty much achieve success in life. Our brains and core values developed under those conditions. Now we have all this technology but are brains are still significantly wired based on how we developed.

Unfortunately, the last couple generations grew up surrounded by all this technology and electronic input into their brains. Our input was from parents, teachers, coaches, preachers etc. Most of their input is from social media, Hollywood, a corrupt education system etc. The wrong people are controlling a significant amount of the messages going into their developing minds. And much of that messaging is approved propaganda of some very evil political scum with an agenda.

I talk smack sometimes online but the lack of civility is truly astonishing. People type things that come from the darkest parts of the human reptilian brain, that they would never ever say to a man's face. All from the comfort of a chair behind a keyboard and mouse. Think of some of the most disgusting things you've seen online and remember that today's kids have been around that most of their lives. Even if parents try to just let kids grow up and filter most of the garbage, there's still cell phones or their friend's cell phones.

We have the experience and ability to dive in the online swamp and know what's complete garbage because we've seen otherwise. Most kids are living in the matrix, fabricated by professional manipulators and they don't even know it. The value of hard work, respect, civility, critical thinking, and self worth are sadly lost to many today.

Ive been trying to say this as coherently as this for a while now, well done.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
I can’t even imagine.
I’m so sorry for your loss.

A
acy Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
I am so sorry. I can't begin to imagine what you are going through.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
So very painful to read this.

May God give you and yours peace.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Deepest sympathy for your son, you and your family.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
Originally Posted by JakeBlues

Ive been trying to say this as coherently as this for a while now, well done.

Short version-

Social media is the devil for young people today.

LOL
W
WAM Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
No words to even begin to cover your pain. May the Lord bless your family in your hearts in this time of sorrow.

(Soapbox) Satan enters our homes and families in many seemingly innocuous ways. The computer has evolved into his favorite tool to wreck lives. I would not pretend to know how to thwart his evil other than to never let younguns have computers.

Life Member NRA, RMEF, American Legion, MAGA. Not necessarily in that order.
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Brother I love you with the love of Jesus. Sometimes it seeems even a love that large is insufficient. I have prayed for you and yours and will continue to do so because that's all I know to do. May you somehow find peace in this most dreadful of circumstances thru Jesus Christ our Savior.

“When Tyranny becomes Law, Rebellion becomes Duty”

Colossians 3:17 (New King James Version)
"And whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him."
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
I got misty eyed relaying a story about my Grandpa and then I read your post and it's even worse.

I'm so sorry for your loss. All I can think of to say is that you and your family have my deepest condolences and prayers for healing.

That is too tragic to even comprehend. I can't even imagine.

Hang in there man.

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Can’t imagine the level of pain and don’t know how I’d find that kind of strength to manage it somewhat. My thoughts are with you and your family. Sincerely

Page 11 of 15 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

537 members (1minute, 16penny, 12savage, 10gaugeman, 10ring1, 160user, 62 invisible), 2,816 guests, and 1,198 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,275
Posts18,467,528
Members73,927
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.