Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
I have purchased and sold several items on the fire. I don't pay with or accept gaypal. USPS money order or personal check is always fine with me for payment. If someone only accepts gaypal I don't buy. That's just my personal preference. I understand it's much easier for many people and I understand that. I don't blame them for keeping it simple.

Just because you're offended doesn't mean your right.
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
To answer your question directly, I make payment in a manner to which the seller and I agree. I'm always willing to walk. As to receiving payment, I always let the buyer choose between three methods: personal check, postal money order and paypal. Ya, ya, I know paypal is anti-gun. That just makes it all the more satisfying when I do a gun deal under the radar using their services. To each their own.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by TheBigSky
To answer your question directly, I make payment in a manner to which the seller and I agree. I'm always willing to walk. As to receiving payment, I always let the buyer choose between three methods: personal check, postal money order and paypal. Ya, ya, I know paypal is anti-gun. That just makes it all the more satisfying when I do a gun deal under the radar using their services. To each their own.

Me too.....👍

But as for me and my house we will serve the Lord. Joshua 24:15
I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Phil. 4:13

I DON'T NEED A WSM AS I HAVE A WEATHERBY!
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by pal

Personal check is very convenient as long as it is understood the check must clear before shipping.

I've sent a personal check for everything I've bought on the fire and I always told the other party to wait until it clears to ship. Most of the time they ship it before anyways, but I've never had one of my checks bounce.

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Holy schitt. The only thing buyer/seller A and buyer/seller B agree on in this thread is that buyer/seller C is doing it wrong.

Y’all don’t use wampum?

Someone said he won’t deal with someone willing to cheat PayPal! Nice! Give them their fees. Watch what they do to return the favor if they find out your buying/selling guns.

Someone else said PayPal locked his buddy’s account. So? It’s 2020. If you have money IN your PayPal account, you’re doing it wrong.

Only use USPS money orders? Y’all must really hate your personal time and like your bank tellers and postal employees more than I do.

Y’all crack me up. We’re grown men. Talk to the buyer/seller and agree on something and then both of you uphold your end of the deal. If the seller isn’t willing to compromise and you can live without the item, thanks but no thanks. If the item (like Danny’s syrup) is worth enough for you to go fight your local USPS to pay him the way he wants to be paid, then buck up and deal with it (so you can get that syrup).

You’re more likely to get scammed by a bogus seller than by the means of payment. We see them on here every few weeks, it seems like. Pay attention to who’s selling, do your homework, and don’t get burnt. It isn’t rocket surgery.

Last edited by Ducksanddogs; 07/15/20.
IC B2

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by oneoneshot
If USMO is the only choice I have for payment, I do not buy. Too much pain. I have bought a ton of things and pay with my check, allowing the seller to hold until check clears. Checks clear overnight in ost all cases.

I pay by check.....pm my name.....phone #.....email.....hold till it clears is fine also drop an pm when check is sent....bob

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
187 members (32_20fan, 257_X_50, 1minute, 300_savage, 204guy, 10gaugemag, 26 invisible), 2,068 guests, and 977 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,726
Posts18,400,645
Members73,822
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2023 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.