Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 9 of 10 1 2 7 8 9 10
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
I'm sure he is wanting to get back at it, young men live in the present like we all did at his age. You know as well as I that a few months with pass like water thru your fingers, just seems like forever when waiting it out as a young man. What the medical field is capable of these days is nothing short of miraculous compared to a few years ago. Right now patience is his ally. God speed in his recovery and prayers to you and your family.

BP-B2

Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
Damn!

Happy to hear he is healing up. That looks like it was a hell of a blow.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Wow Cinch , best to your son - just now read this .

PRESIDENT TRUMP 2024/2028 !!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Just noticed this post Cinch.

Sure sorry your boy and your family had to through this.. Best thoughts for all of you and hoping for a full, speedy recovery for your son.

Things can sure go south in a hurry in a calf pen.

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Glad to hear your son is home and resting/recovering.

IC B2

C
Cinch Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
C
He’s doing far better then expected. And yes very hard to keep him down. He has a mild traumatic brain injury and skull fracture and he’s ready to get back after it. Will be a very long road for him. But he’s doing very well. Still a lot of swelling but looking better...

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Public landowner...
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Damn.

He's tougher'n a boot!

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
dam glad ya'll fellers brough this back to the top. Cinch glad your son will be ok give him my wish for a swift recovery . and your hole families scare .i know the feeling a few tears ago my 4 year old grandson got bounced of a trampoline and landed on his head on concrete and cracked his scull open and broke his collar bone .he was zippin up the door when his oldest sister started bouncing and bounced him out .he was mad when he got better because he did not remember the chopper ride

R
Campfire Tracker
Online Happy
Campfire Tracker
R
Cinch, looks like your boy took a hell of a lick, and I am happy to see he is recovery is going well,

Those of us that have spent a life time of rodeo, on horse back and afoot working live stock, know we are going to get hurt, just not when or how bad, as the saying goes be a COWBOY MEET NURSES, we have all been in or seen bad wrecks it's just part of the job, But always remember GOD LOVES COWBOY"S if he didn't we wouldn't be here.

GOD BLESS YOUR BOY AND YOUR FAMILY, you are in our prayers Rio7

Campfire Tracker
Online Happy
Campfire Tracker
I pray that none of us ever has to see our children like that. Thank God he is recovering so well. Good luck Cowboy.

Wag more, bark less.

The freedoms we surrender today will be the freedoms our grandchildren will never know existed.

The men who wrote the Second Amendment didn't just finish a hunting trip, they just finished liberating a nation.
IC B3

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by Cinch
Well he made such great progress they sent him home this afternoon. This is great as he will be much more comfortable there where he can relax. He’s out of the danger zone but many months of recovery ahead. Thank you all again for the encouragement and support...

Wyoming Tough!

S
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
S
Just saw this thread. Many prayers for your son, I'm glad he is healing up. I think my biggest fear in life is to have something happen to one of my kids. I'd gladly die a thousand deaths to prevent anything major happening to them.

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Cinch,

prayers for your boy.

J
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
J
Cinch,
Just saw this thread. Thank God for the boy's healing and prayers for his quick recovery! Its a good thing they grow 'em tough in Wyoming!

“My horn is full and my pouch is stocked with ball and patch. There is a new, sharp flint in my lock and my rifle and I are ready. It is sighted true and my eyes can still aim.”
Kaywoodie
C
Cinch Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
C
Thank you all for the support and huge thank you to those who sent him care packages... Definitely takes his mind off things and keeps him busy. Along with all the physical injuries he will obviously have both emotional and mental issues to deal with. He has been playing hockey since he was 5 years old as a goalie. He will not be able to play this year. He may not be able to hunt this year. It’s tough keeping him positive with everything looking so down for him. But he knows he got very lucky and he’s grateful things didn’t turn out worse then they are...

Thank you all again for the kind words and support. He’s seeing some therapists on Wednesday and the Dr on the 23rd. Hopefully he will get the staples removed on that visit. That will
Make him happy for sure...

Public landowner...
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Had to have a MRI on my head. When it came back there were signs of brain damage from long ago. Dr. seemed incredulous about it. He asked what happened, a bad car wreck ? Yes I replied, couple of those, played football when we were taught to use helmet as a weapon, some fights didn’t go the way I’d planned 🤷🏻‍♂️ and dismounted a few horses in a less than graceful way, iows I got throwed 🤷🏻‍♂️

I just figured everybody had similar experiences growing up 🤷🏻‍♂️

Evidently not. Prayers for your boy, damn he musta hit hard, poor lad

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
D
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
D
Hope he follows doctors rehab advice precisely.
Get well, young man.

NRA Patron
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Good Lord I'm sorry. I just saw this for some reason I missed it. I'm also very glad to hear your son is recovering. You have a tough boy there...he'll do great things.

Camp is where you make it.
jpb Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Cinch
They don’t know for sure what he hit with his head. Could have been the saddle horn or a rock or the calf got him but he was luckily on a good horse. The horse stood there through it all and never moved. He was in a big cloud of dust and no one really saw what he hit. The piece that was broken was actually broken into 4 pieces. So he hit something very hard. Looking at the X-ray it looks like that’s the thinnest part of the skull.

Very glad to hear your boy is coming along!

I'd say that horse has earned a nice big carrot a day for the rest of his life!

As noted above, you need to make sure that he follows rehabilitation to the letter -- traumatic brain injury rehab is based on excellent research.

A real go-getter like him will likely try to brush it off with an "I'm OK now..." Don't let him take any shortcuts!

John

C
Cinch Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
C
Quick update... After 4 weeks to the day he woke up with one leg bigger then the other. Got him in to see an Orthopedic dr right away. They did an MRI and X-ray and determined it was fluid and nothing more. However it still needed to be removed. So next day they had him in surgery and drained it all. Hopefully it won’t return...

Otherwise he is still having a few speech problems and minor balance issues. Nothing that’s not to be expected. School starting soon so will see how that goes. Trying to keep him slow moving is a struggle. But he’s doing extremely well for what he’s went through.

Public landowner...
Page 9 of 10 1 2 7 8 9 10

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
727 members (007FJ, 204guy, 10gaugemag, 12344mag, 10Glocks, 17CalFan, 75 invisible), 2,939 guests, and 1,292 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,770
Posts18,401,519
Members73,823
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.