Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
I was making $3.10 an hour at Johns Manville Asbestos, division of Dan Halen International.

GB1

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by slumlord
I was making $3.10 an hour at Johns Manville Asbestos, division of Dan Halen International.

Did you get your check yet?

The one from the sheister (apologies in advance Remsen) lawyers advertising on the TV that "Time Is Running Out"

Gotta be at least a dollar two ninety eight.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
R
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
R
Thank you for sharing your stories. I miss my Grandpa every day even after all these years.

He taught me so much as a kid. You don't realize it at the time but their stories and actions groom you into the person you are as an adult.

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I also don't regret making up to my father for being an A-hole kid and forgiving him for whacking the crap out of us. It allowed for a more adult relationship later in life, until he passed.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Valsdad
Originally Posted by slumlord

Did you get your check yet?

The one from the sheister (apologies in advance Remsen) lawyers advertising on the TV that "Time Is Running Out"

Gotta be at least a dollar two ninety eight.
I used my mesothelioma money and bought a house in New Mexico. Then taught school for another 62 years, still do transmission swaps on the side.

Not bad for 93 years old eh?

IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Be nice.

In it is contentment

F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
Being the first person in the entire world to kiss my daughters, minutes after being born, with happy tears streaming down my face in front of everybody there

Having the strength to go claim my Dad’s body, climbing in his crushed and crumpled truck cab to retrieve his belongings just hours after my wife handed me divorce papers after 14 years of marriage. It taught me how strong I am and also how I ain’t afraid of a thing in this world.

Putting myself through college. Took me 7 years, but I did it and didn’t owe a dime to anybody nor took anybody’s money to do it.

I was told by several - including my ex-wife, that I was the best parent they had ever seen. There were many sacrifices to do that, but I don’t regret it one bit.

"Successful is leaving something in better shape than you inherited it in. Keep that in mind, son." Dad
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by flagstaff
Having the strength to go claim my Dad’s body, climbing in his crushed and crumpled truck cab to retrieve his belongings just hours after my wife handed me divorce papers after 14 years of marriage.
Damn. I feel bad for ya’. Awful some of the stuff people have to deal with.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
R
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by antlers
Having the strength to go claim my Dad’s body, climbing in his crushed and crumpled truck cab to retrieve his belongings just hours after my wife handed me divorce papers after 14 years of marriage.

Geezus, no doubt.

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by Rooster7
Originally Posted by antlers

Geezus, no doubt.

That’s a series of whacks for sure. But,,,you came out the other side stronger for it.

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Rooster7
Thanks Certifiable. That makes me feel good.

The thing with Grandpa though, his eyes gave out, his ears gave out, his knees gave out and he was pretty much confined to sitting in a chair.

But the one thing that didn't give out were those old farmer hands. I was in football, Tae Kwon Do and lifted weights. Even after all that, that man would just laugh at me when we played mercy.

Had a friend 6' 4" tall and 180 ibs. His grandpa was an old farmer and former state champion wrestler. Grandpa was 5 foot 5 maybe 135-140 with his boots on. When they would wrestle around in the yard Grandpa would turn us all into a pretzel with ease 1 at a time. He was strong as an ox and his technique was flawless.

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Never regretted that my wife and I changed our entire retirement plan and lives to assist our parents in dying w/ dignity.

No regrets for assisting lots of commies and a couple of career criminals in visiting the boatmangrin

No regrets for getting a SS 3-9 hd and learning to dial.

No regrets for not being troubled by a pesky conscience.

mike r

Don't wish it were easier
Wish you were better

Stab them in the taint, you can't put a tourniquet on that.
Craig Douglas ECQC
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
No sense in having any regrets. Move through life with purpose, looking ahead, not behind.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
R
Getting dumped by a younger girl that turned out to be bonkers. I would have ended up in a huge mess if I had gotten my way at the time. Sometimes things that seem terrible in your life, turn out to be the best thing that ever happened to you. All women are a little bonkers, but this one was off the graph. I wish I had seen the "Hot Crazy Matrix" in my youth.

Last edited by reivertom; 07/15/20.
J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
I have tried to live a good, and virtuous life.

I cant think of many examples of regrets or non regrets.

I am MAGA.
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad

Saint Big Jim.
Grins

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by Old_Toot
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad

Saint Big Jim.
Grins

Hahaha!

Yeah....grandpa told me not to be a dipschit.

So I never did.

I am MAGA.
E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
I tell my employees that we work (and work HARD) so we can provide a living for our families; we don’t have families to create a need for work. Therefore, when a member of the family is in need, we keep our priorities straight and take care of them.

I remember when my boss insisted I take care of my father and my family when he was in hospice in my youngest daughters bedroom. I got to be with him the last week of his life, at his side when he died, and my loyalty to that boss and the company we worked for was greatly increased as a result.

Family comes first good call Rooster that’s wisdom
Especially for a young man.

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Good thread

Ancient Order of the 1895 Winchester
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Sure, I've made my share of mistakes that I'd like to correct, but I've learned to always look forward and to never look back at what could or should have been, it's counterproductive.

Last edited by High_Noon; 01/20/21.

l told my pap and mam I was going to be a mountain man; acted like they was gut-shot. Make your life go here. Here's where the peoples is. Mother Gue, I says, the Rocky Mountains is the marrow of the world, and by God, I was right.
- Del Gue
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

655 members (12344mag, 1234, 163bc, 06hunter59, 17CalFan, 160user, 64 invisible), 2,369 guests, and 1,226 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,621
Posts18,455,093
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.