-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Does anyone have any experience with these? I wonder how they compare to the Nosler Partition as they're both penetrators. Perhaps the TLR is better for longer ranges due to the boat tail.

l told my pap and mam I was going to be a mountain man; acted like they was gut-shot. Make your life go here. Here's where the peoples is. Mother Gue, I says, the Rocky Mountains is the marrow of the world, and by God, I was right.
- Del Gue
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Anyone?

l told my pap and mam I was going to be a mountain man; acted like they was gut-shot. Make your life go here. Here's where the peoples is. Mother Gue, I says, the Rocky Mountains is the marrow of the world, and by God, I was right.
- Del Gue
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I don't have any experience with them but they have already been succeeded by the new "Terminal Ascent". Yes they are better for long range. Here is how it compares to the Nosler Partition:

[Linked Image from news.guns.com]
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
I was thinking the TLR might perform similarly to the NP b/c they are both "bonded" and the solid copper or antimony base of the TLR is probably similar in performance to the construction of the partition - in that the base retains close to it's full weight after expansion. Obviously, the boat tail of the TLR would help to increase range. I'm not sure what benefit is gained from the polymer tip - initiating expansion, meebe?

I have not heard of the Terminal Ascent. I will take a look.

Thanks.

Last edited by High_Noon; 07/15/20.

- Del Gue
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
What I like about the NP is that it's been around for a long time and there's no indication that it will ever be superseded. Not to mention it performs like Thor's hammer.

- Del Gue
IC B2

DMc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I want some “Rods from God” ammo...

Make Gitmo Great Again!!
Who gave the order to stop counting votes in the swing states on the night of November 3/4, 2020?
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
When did Nosler start bonding the partition?

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by Blackbrush
When did Nosler start bonding the partition?

Never

However, Nosler created the Accubond to perform as a bonded Partition.

"I never thought I'd live to see the day that a U.S. president would raise an army to invade his own country."
Robert E. Lee
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Not a mono but grooved and boatailed similar to a barnes ttsx.
Should be a accurate hard hitting bullet.

Dre Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Looks like Ttsx had a baby with Partition. And I like what I am seeing.
I have used TTSX for years with great success and have loads made up.
IF, I were looking for a new bullet, that be it.

All of them do something better than the 30-06, but none of them do everything as well.
IC B3

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Looks skivved around the ballistic tip to start expansion.

Last edited by renegade50; 07/15/20.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by High_Noon
What I like about the NP is that it's been around for a long time and there's no indication that it will ever be superseded. Not to mention it performs like Thor's hammer.

In other words.....it has passed the test of time......and by a long ways.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I'm not sure what benefit is gained from the polymer tip - initiating expansion, meebe?

It's pointier and more uniform and won't get chewed up like a lead tip, they also made the tip hollow which they claim delivers better expansion.

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
I guess I confused the Accubond and the NP, though, I've only used the NP. Thanks for the clarification.

- Del Gue
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by Goosey
I'm not sure what benefit is gained from the polymer tip - initiating expansion, meebe?

It's pointier and more uniform and won't get chewed up like a lead tip, they also made the tip hollow which they claim delivers better expansion.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

613 members (12344mag, 007FJ, 1eyedmule, 10ring1, 160user, 10gaugemag, 56 invisible), 2,768 guests, and 1,248 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,572
Posts18,453,885
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.