Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by JamesJr
USPS used to jump all over such things as mail theft and try to catch thieves. There was a time when a Postal Inspector was a badazz dude. My wife started working at the post office around the 1977 time frame, and postal inspectors would be on a case in a New York minute. I'm guessing that over the years, as more crimes were being committed, they quit going after the small ones, and concentrated on the bigger ones.

When I was working as a rural carrier, we had a Black dude break in a steal some Christmas packages. The local cop, a Barney Fife clone, was actually able to solve the crime and catch the guy. However, since the crime had been committed on government property, the postal inspectors had to file the charges. They never showed up, and the guy was never charged.

One word of caution, never, ever mail cash. We had a local Amish man mail $5000 to his bank, and it never got there. I had warned the Amish community that it wasn't safe to mail cash, and if they couldn't help it, then they needed to hitch ole Betsy to the buggy and go to the bank in person. But, it is actually pretty rare for mail to be stolen, and if you're concerned that it might be, then rent a P.O. Box.

I was wondering about mail theft, my daughter graduated from HS and she sent out dozens of shameless solicitations for money. Aka graduation invitations

I think she pretty much got something from all on her list of send-outs. And many sent cash. Surprised me. Must only not be any of them EEOC [bleep] in our post office.

GB1

D
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
D
Just talked to a friend who is a local letter carrier. She said there is a new boss at the USPS and they are changing everything up. She said that the whole virus thing has them short handed as well. Said that my mail is most likely being held at the P.O.
I asked why the tracking is showing it as Delivered to my mailbox. She said that’s what the tracking will show if it’s being held. Makes complete sense to me🤪

Buy once, cry once.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Ahhhhh, “being held”

So that’s what happened to a $135 pair of contact lenses.

N
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
N
We have “informed delivery” and we had a credit card bill that didn’t show up. Not long after we had some bogus charges and then somebody tried to go after the checking account. Then we had a replacement card that was stolen so keep an eye on your mail and don’t assume a bill is just lost if you don’t get a bill

NRA Life,Endowment,Patron or Benefactor since '72.
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by deerhunter5555
She said that the whole virus thing has them short handed as well.

That's BS, the PO is constantly short handed year in and year out. The cause of that is all the higher ups requiring all Postmasters and Stupidvisors use less and less "Hours" in the misguided effort to save money. Problem is they don't understand that it takes X amount of hours to move X amount of mail no matter how much they cut back on worker hours. The other problem with items that are scanned as delivered as soon as they arrive at the PO is nothing more than people at the top wanting to see that stuff scanned no matter if it's delivered or not, it's all about numbers to the people who have no idea how to actually run the PO and sit on their fat asses looking at those numbers to enhance their bonus checks at the end of the year. They have no interest in providing Service.

IC B2

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

106 members (44mc, 7887mm08, 10Glocks, 808outdoors, 21, 1973cb450, 12 invisible), 1,547 guests, and 690 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,280
Posts18,467,682
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.