Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by BKinSD
I think they did good work here. I'm going to wait a year or two for this to sort out. My experience with buying the first year of, well anything, isn't the best. As is often the case with Ford, I thought that the color palette is weak. Really weak. Anybody else think that? I sure did. Where's the Grabber color? There isn't one.

I agree the color choices were bad.

GB2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I'm not too worried about a first year model. Yeah, there will be issues. They'll figure it out. I'm not going to be kind to mine anyway. Stuff will break. Stuff will get fixed.

I just won't piss and moan about Ford making a new off road vehicle made in the USA, and I am definitely not a Ford Guy. My last Ford was 30 years ago.

Don't just be a survivor, be a competitor.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by K1500
Originally Posted by BKinSD
I think they did good work here. I'm going to wait a year or two for this to sort out. My experience with buying the first year of, well anything, isn't the best. As is often the case with Ford, I thought that the color palette is weak. Really weak. Anybody else think that? I sure did. Where's the Grabber color? There isn't one.

I agree the color choices were bad.

Yeah, I was hoping for grabber blue, but will go with velocity blue and paint the top and grill white.

https://media.ford.com/content/dam/.../pdf/2021-Bronco-2dr-4dr-Color-Sheet.pdf

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Good choices I think. Mine's wind blue and I won't be changing it. As far as this generation, I think I might hold out for a half cab version

"Miss Jean Louise, stand up. Your father's passin.'"
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
[Linked Image from cimg6.ibsrv.net]

IC B2

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
Wow - that is a nice looking truck. Being more of a Toyota guy, and a former FJ Cruiser owner, I think Ford knocked it out of the park styling-wise. Love the 7sp manual. As others have said; wish it had a 5.0 V8 options as the turbo engines seem pretty tightly wound with a lot of HP per liter. Can't wait to see one in person.....

Last edited by sigguy; 07/14/20.
D
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
D
I like the looks of the 2 door version. I think it will be a pretty solid vehicle for the Blue Oval. Also lots of trim levels and options for them as well.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
After all the issues with my F-150 no thanks....

Rob
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
BIL has positively abused 2 different 2.7L Eco-Boosts in 2 F150's with nary an issue. I certainly wouldn't be afraid of that motor.

My F250 has 168K Mi and a rear ELD that's been flawless the entire time, I suspect that have that cyphered well in the Bronco as well.

For the guys wanting "full-sized" Broncos:

Would you want one based on the F150 w/IFS and 5.0L or one based off of the Super-Duty w/solid axels and access to the new 7.3L gas motor?

I can walk on water.......................but I do stagger a bit on alcohol.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I’m interested. I really like the look and removable (sectioned) hard top parts. As I like to row my own boat, I wish there was a manual option for the larger V6 engine as I get tired of having to spool up the rpms in the smaller engines to get any real power from them. Hopefully the 4cyl Ecoboost with a manual makes enough power to move the larger heavier 4 dr without ragging out the motor. That’s one thing which Jeep always got right, having a manual available with their top power plant.we will see once they come out.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Cpt Craig

Go to that TFL youtube channel and search Ranger and you'll see the Turbo made a huge difference to the 2.3L engine it pulls like 7,300 LBS I think.

I got my $100 spot reserved but not completely committed yet laugh

Mike

God, Family, and Country.
NRA Endowment Member

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
In June I ran into a bronco film crew in Wyoming. They had one of the 4 door orange models. I don't think any of the clips in the above video were from the spot I saw them in. They had a little camp set up with RVs and you could tell they were trying to be secretive. When we drove through the area there were several millennial, man bun types trying to act tough like we shouldn't be there. We just drove on through and ignored them.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by ready_on_the_right
Cpt Craig

Go to that TFL youtube channel and search Ranger and you'll see the Turbo made a huge difference to the 2.3L engine it pulls like 7,300 LBS I think.

I got my $100 spot reserved but not completely committed yet laugh

Mike

I'm committed. It's been almost 10 years since I bought my last vehicle and it's been 30 years since I've owned a Ford.
Just doing my part to stimulate the economy.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
I don't see this Lyon rings which is a plus.
The base model looks small, but the so did the originals with factory wheel arches..
The biggest issue with looks small is it means the interior could be really tight.

Air bags and all that stuff take up a lot of space..

-OMotS

"If memory serves fails me..."
Quote: ( unnamed) "been prtty deep in the cooler todaay "
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by OldmanoftheSea
I don't see this Lyon rings which is a plus.
The base model looks small, but the so did the originals with factory wheel arches..
The biggest issue with looks small is it means the interior could be really tight.

Air bags and all that stuff take up a lot of space..

The outside dimensions are slightly bigger than a Jeep, so it’s not roomy. I’m hoping I can remove the rear seat for more cargo room.

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
I don't mind the looks and amenities, but seems grossly under torqued to me. The 2.7L ecoboost boast 310HP and 400ft-lbs or torque - which based on numbers only, is impressive. But it's a turbo-ed engine. I bet it doesn't hit these numbers until 5000rpm. You need low end torque on the trail. You going to rev. it to 5000 to go through a boulder field or technical hill climb? Make no sense. The little diesel is the best option Jeep has ever added, for this reason.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I've not driven the 2.7L, but the performance appeal of the Ecoboost engines is supposedly the lower/midrange torque advantage. Seems counter intuitive, but that's how the have the programming set up. They are torquey engines, not horsepower makers.

My 4.0L Tacoma makes 278ft/lbs at 3,700 rpm. The 2.7L Eco makes 400ft/lbs at 2,750rpm. I wish I had that kind of grunt in my Tacoma.

Last edited by JPro; 07/17/20.

Now with even more aplomb
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
That’s not bad. Not as ideal as a diesel, but impressive as it delivers it low-mid range. Might even have some oomph, to pass too.

D
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by Mountain10mm
I don't mind the looks and amenities, but seems grossly under torqued to me. The 2.7L ecoboost boast 310HP and 400ft-lbs or torque - which based on numbers only, is impressive. But it's a turbo-ed engine. I bet it doesn't hit these numbers until 5000rpm. You need low end torque on the trail. You going to rev. it to 5000 to go through a boulder field or technical hill climb? Make no sense. The little diesel is the best option Jeep has ever added, for this reason.

Had a Explorer with the 3.5 liter Ecoboost and the thing with turbos is that they don't need a ton of RPM to make their torque. It comes on low, like a diesel

T
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
T
I have a 2019 ford ranger for a company truck. It has the 4 cylinder eco boost. It is ran on lease roads, mostly in the woods. I am impressed with the torque it has. I would never have guessed it would have that much low end.

Page 3 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
685 members (12308300, 10gaugemag, 007FJ, 160user, 10Glocks, 06hunter59, 69 invisible), 2,790 guests, and 1,289 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,632
Posts18,398,846
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.