Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
M
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
M
Have been trying to stay out of the "eyebox" comments, but finally find I cannot.

I agree with this comment: "not sure what F&S has to do with it , but if you have trouble making a quick shot with a FF2 , maybe walking and chewing gum is also an issue ?" Here is some more technical stuff:

"Eyebox" is a term for the slightly longer near-maximum exit pupil that's a result of slightly longer eye-relief.

I looked up the eye relief of both the latest Leupold of the same basic size and price, and the Fullfield II 3-9x, and the difference in listed eye relief is about 1/2" in the two, when set at the same magnification. This is a lot like saying there's a major difference between 38D and 36D bra sizes.

Here I must admit to not using the latest Leupold 3-9x (whatever the model is) in the same price-point, but have actually measured the eye relief in a number of 3-9x40 FFIIs, and their listed numbers are spot on.

I have been using 3-9x40 FFIIs for a long time now (along with the Pentax scope that was the same scope with a different name), and have killed a BUNCH of big game with them from pronghorns to my biggest bull elk, both in body and antlers. My suggestion to those who are so sensitive to "eyebox" is to practice more, with all their rifles and scopes.

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck
GB1

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
The 3x9 Burris FFII’s are champs until you spend a whole lot more money in my book. I’ve always thought they were very easy to get behind and they actually move pretty well.

Semper Fi
B
Bry Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
This may have been asked before, but how do the FF 2's compare with Bushnell 4200's?

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
I'm probably making too quick a judgement assuming Leupold's better at getting me on target for a fast shot as I've never tried a fast shot with the Burris. I've only had it for a couple of weeks and it's on a ground squirrel rifle. I'm basing my opinion on it taking me longer than it would have with a Leupold to get the Burris mounted where the eye relief worked for me and in the past I've never had a problem hitting on fast shots with a Leupold.

Based on this scope I'd get another Burris FFII next time I buy a 3-9. As I said initially IMO they have good glass & their adjustments work. Sight in's a lot easier when the adjustments show up on the target where they're supposed to.

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by Whttail_in_MT
Originally Posted by RevMike
Originally Posted by Son_of_the_Gael
Originally Posted by Sagewind
Pappy348- Not sure if it is a current offering, but a Fullfield E1 3-9X40mm w/ a Plex Reticle sits in my safe, waiting for a rifle. The item # is 200321. I purchased it in April of 2019.

I have one of those also, bought 2 or 3 years back. It came from Midsouth or Natchez I think as a special purchase, might have been for European market.

Optics Planet carries the 200321.

Is this the standard plex or their ballistic plex?

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/topics/13717504/burris-e1-3-9x40-deal-alert

Thanks. Optics Planet says "plex" but their pictures show, and the description says, ballistic plex. I wonder which it really is.

"An archer sees how far he can be from a target and still hit it, a bowhunter sees how close he can get before he shoots." It is certainly easy to use that same line of thinking with firearms. -- Unknown
IC B2

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Mike check out the Burris website...it should be able to answer the question for you.

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
I did. It's ballistic plex, but the item number is also a bit different - 200320 vs 200321.

"An archer sees how far he can be from a target and still hit it, a bowhunter sees how close he can get before he shoots." It is certainly easy to use that same line of thinking with firearms. -- Unknown
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
I did. It's ballistic plex, but the item number is also a bit different - 200320 vs 200321.

OK..I'm just guessing but the 200321 is probably the E-1 reticle..

I was searching for a 200323 which is the German 3P#4 reticle...no luck..

But I bought a 1.75-6X with that reticle instead...to go on a calling rifle.

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
I just sent a note to Optics Planet. We will see what comes back.

Leupold?

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle

Leupold?

No it was a Burris, with a 30mm tube. Much of my calling is done at night so I didnt feel the need for more than 6x and I DO like that reticle ( illuminated) at night!

IC B3

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by ingwe
I was searching for a 200323 which is the German 3P#4 reticle...no luck.

Which is this?

W
WAM Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
I have one of the 3-9x40 E1 30mm tube scopes bought on closeout cheap a couple of years ago. While I think it is a good scope, the E1 Ballistic Plex reticle takes a bit of getting used to. I replaced it with a Burris FourX 1.5-6x illuminated dot reticle that I bought from Doug a while back. Not sure what I’ll do with the E1. Happy Trails

Life Member NRA, RMEF, American Legion, MAGA. Not necessarily in that order.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

To save you the angst of interacting with Optics Planet's customer service, here you go.

[Linked Image]

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Outstanding!!!

C
CP Online Content
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
C
I purchased two of those for just under $200.00/scope. I mounted one on a Model 70 Featherweight 30-06 and the other on a T3x Tikka 260 Rem. At 200.00 per copy, the fit and function of my E1 plex scopes work just dandy for me.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Mike- I should have used agony instead of angst when dealing with OP CS.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger

To save you the angst of interacting with Optics Planet's customer service, here you go.

[Linked Image]

I have heard way too many credible complaints about Optics Planet to do business with them. Whatever they have, I can find for a better price elsewhere.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Nobody else sells this scope that I can find. I still do business with OP when the price is right and when it's a simple order and delivery goes well enough. But when their CS gets involved, look out.

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Mike- I should have used agony instead of angst when dealing with OP CS.

Thanks for the warning!!

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S

[Linked Image]

Yep, that is exactly the one I have.

'Four legs good, two legs baaaad."
----------------------------------------------
"Jimmy, some of it's magic,
Some of it's tragic,
But I had a good life all the way."
(Jimmy Buffett)

SotG
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

619 members (160user, 10Glocks, 1973cb450, 1beaver_shooter, 10gaugemag, 06hunter59, 64 invisible), 2,798 guests, and 1,207 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,257
Posts18,467,069
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.