Campfire Kahuna

LOL
BP-B2

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Never saw one of those before!

"The universal aptitude for ineptitude makes any human accomplishment an incredible miracle." John Stapp - "Stapp's Law"
"Klaatu barada nikto"

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Seller must be light on his feet

Johno

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
"Scope added in the 50's"! I didn't know Lightfoot was that old!

"You can lead a man to logic, but you cannot make him think." Joe Harz
"Always certain, often right." Keith McCafferty
Campfire Outfitter
Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
Just another perfect example of someone talking about something that is a wild a.s.s guess at best.

NRA Endowment Life Member (and proud of it)

Nowadays people know the price of everything and the value of nothing.

Wise men speak because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something. - Plato

Deuteronomy 22:5

IC B2

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Shazam. I gots one of them there stith mounts and didn't even know it. I got mine off Mr. Stith out in California. It is sort of sad the number of people who go into the firearms business and do nothing but buy and sell all the while having no idea what they are buying or selling. One of the reasons I gave up gunshows. Got tired of hearing the same old BS week in and week out. Don't know what they are talking about and then want to argue with you. Not all, but a goodly number.

Last edited by dallased; 07/18/20.

Home for wayward neglected 99's.
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
With the exception of the “Stithfoot” mount and the inflated price, what do you guys think about the rest of the seller’s description? It’s a clean gun but pictures 43-45 look like there’s wood filler behind the top tang which leads me to believe the stocks may have been freshened up.

"The universal aptitude for ineptitude makes any human accomplishment an incredible miracle." John Stapp - "Stapp's Law"
"Klaatu barada nikto"

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
It has the lightweight barrel with the short integral front sight. My 99G has the lightweight barrel with the longer integral front sight and the serial # is 3000 higher. Just info if anyone is keeping data on these sights.

wyo1895
With Savage never say never.
For a copy of my book on engraved Savage lever actions rifles send a check for $80 to; David Royal, p.o. box 1271, Pinedale, Wy., 82941. I will sign and inscribe the book for you.
[email protected]

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
“Stithfoot” Now that's funny! grin And creative - I may use that.

I don't always get the SN for the guns I build for so I can't find that one.

He does say 'Stith-type' I believe.

I am no longer accepting orders for the Lightfoot scope mount.
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Nice looking, but I agree with' S99VG' that it looks like wood filler behind the tang and I believe the seller knows it's not a Stith as in the wording "Stith type" (as 'Lightfoot' posted) to grab attention to a bidder/buyer. Play 'on wording'! Buyer beware I guess! As 'dallased' posted, BS-er's abound at gun shows deceiving the uniformed. I have a life long friend that is into firearms only buying and shooting, not much into the history of brands/models that is a real sucker for those guys. He's always telling me what "so and so" told him at a recent gun show which may times is nothing but 'carnival barker' BS. Anyway.......!

IC B3

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by Lightfoot
“Stithfoot” Now that's funny! grin And creative - I may use that.

I don't always get the SN for the guns I build for so I can't find that one.

He does say 'Stith-type' I believe.

I would market it as a limited production run of serial numbered mounts that were made in tribute to the venerable Stith scope mount of yesteryear. And then I would sell them at a premium on account of the mount being a limited run collector series and, just to make everyone feel special, give each mount serial number one.

"Klaatu barada nikto"

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
That seller "stithed" Lightfoot; royalty fees in progress.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I FYI'ed the seller and told him to Google Lightfoot Mount.

Savage...never say "never".
Rick...

Join the NRA...together we stand, divided we fall!

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Now, now, he clearly stated Stith "Style" mount. Not a Stith.

I'm not greedy, I just want one of each.

Remember Ira Hayes

JoeMartin
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I PMed the seller via the GB PM app this morning and advised that the mount was a "Lightfoot' currently being made by a guy in California and that some bidder may not know the difference and think they were getting a Stith mount with the gun. Advised some buyer may not be real happy with the fact. Not saying that there is anything wrong with the Lightfoot mounts , but a buyer needs to be aware. He PM'ed me back advising someone else had pointed it out to him also, saying he wasn't aware of it "so have been educated. Didn't mean to mislead, just ignorant".

See at 1420 hrs Central time there hasn't been any update on the site clarifying the "Stith type". Guess in reality Lightfoots mount is a "Stith type", ie how it mounts to the rifle, but the seller is making a play on words. IMO someone who doesn't notice that it isn't a Stith or someone who knows no difference may have issues with the seller when they receive the rifle if bought.. For what it's worth, Lightfoot, I think your unit is just as good as any Stith and they are available at a much cheaper price. 50 pus years from now a Lightfoot scope mount will be hot items on eBay and classified sections of gun forums IMO. Got to get into gear and get mine ordered for my 99R.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by Savage94C
I PMed the seller via the GB PM app this morning and advised that the mount was a "Lightfoot' currently being made by a guy in California and that some bidder may not know the difference and think they were getting a Stith mount with the gun. Advised some buyer may not be real happy with the fact. Not saying that there is anything wrong with the Lightfoot mounts , but a buyer needs to be aware. He PM'ed me back advising someone else had pointed it out to him also, saying he wasn't aware of it "so have been educated. Didn't mean to mislead, just ignorant".

See at 1420 hrs Central time there hasn't been any update on the site clarifying the "Stith type". Guess in reality Lightfoots mount is a "Stith type", ie how it mounts to the rifle, but the seller is making a play on words. IMO someone who doesn't notice that it isn't a Stith or someone who knows no difference may have issues with the seller when they receive the rifle if bought.. For what it's worth, Lightfoot, I think your unit is just as good as any Stith and they are available at a much cheaper price. 50 pus years from now a Lightfoot scope mount will be hot items on eBay and classified sections of gun forums IMO. Got to get into gear and get mine ordered for my 99R.

You don't know what you don't know. If you know what a Stith is, you'll know that isn't one. If you don't, you still won't know when you get it.

Stith type is not misleading, but I know a lot of idiots can't comprehend the written word.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Never saw a Stith mount that used Redfield bottom screw rings.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by gunswizard
Never saw a Stith mount that used Redfield bottom screw rings.

Thanks for proving my point.

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
It does say "stith-type" mount. Which it could be construed as being by someone out of the know.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by damnesia
It does say "stith-type" mount. Which it could be construed as being by someone out of the know.

No matter how well you try to describe something, God makes a better idiot(not directed at you). Hard to say Lightfoot mount if you don't know it's a Lightfoot mount. Hence, Stith type.

Apples and oranges are very different, but they are both types of fruit.

I'd say, a mount that uses the rear factory screw holes used for a tang sight and the barrel rear sight dovetail as a Stith Type.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Rick99, RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
720 members (117LBS, 10gaugemag, 12344mag, 01Foreman400, 10Glocks, 78 invisible), 2,673 guests, and 1,318 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,686
Posts18,399,755
Members73,820
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.