Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
https://news4sanantonio.com/news/lo...TZipYdWtiyc_4beqmIdVSpdcvTpmD4AgHeS7GYXk

UPDATE 8:58 p.m.

The three members of the Thin Blue Line Law Enforcement Motorcycle Club who were killed are Joseph Paglia, Jerry Wayne Harbour and Michael White.

Joseph Paglia, President of the Chicago chapter, Retired Officer with the Niles City Police Dept
Jerry Wayne Harbour from Houston, Thin Blue Line Ambassador, Lt. Col. Army (retired)and Pilot for Eastern Airlines(Retired)
Michael White, Secretary of our Chicago chapter, Chicago Community Services Officer, U.S. Army(retired)

David Weed, the Public Information Officer with the Thin Blue Line LEMC released this statement:

"It is with great sadness we announce the deaths of three of our members this afternoon, Saturday, July 18, 2020.Thin Blue Line Law Enforcement Motorcycle Club was in Bandera, Texas for the weekend conducting our annual Thin Blue Line Foundation meeting, which was to have taken place Saturday afternoon. Several of our members had gone on a leisurely motorcycle ride to have lunch in Kerrville this morning before the meeting. They were heading back to Bandera when a car traveling from Medina toward Kerrville crossed over the center line and stuck several of the motorcycles head on. Three of our members were killed in this tragic accident."

" Please join Thin Blue Line LEMC and Law Enforcement from around the country in praying for these brave men and their families. These men who spent their lives serving our country and their communities with valor and honor."

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
GB1

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
That stretch of Hwy 16 between Medina and Kerrville is a beautiful stretch of road, single lane each way, but when you ride or drive it one part suddenly includes some of the tightest blind curves around, easy to drift into the wrong lane if either party went in too hot.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Hwy 16 ?

Damn, that’s awful.

ETA:
Birdie, you beat me on the post.
I’ve traveled that road many times and have seen beau coup bikers enjoying it.

What a tragedy for all concerned.

Last edited by Old_Toot; 07/19/20.

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
RDW Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Heard it on an FB motorcycle page shortly after it happened, very tragic and motorcyclists are killed every day, but 3 and 9 injured and many taken by life flight out in the middle of nowhere is crazy..

I rode Twisted Sisters about six weeks ago, it's a fine ride and I rarely encountered a vehicle.

The single car must have been driven by a sleepy impaired, alcoholic habitual texter or a combination of the three.

EDIT, two minutes ago FB updated with DWI

Last edited by RDW; 07/19/20.

Dave

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
That sucks, check the phone records of the idiot that crossed over and killed them, if found they were fu-king with their phone and killed those guys, march em back to the same spot Monday morning and put a bullet through their lobes!

Trump Won!
IC B2

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Originally Posted by RDW
Heard it on an FB motorcycle page shortly after it happened, very tragic and motorcyclist are killed every day.

I rode Twisted Sisters about six weeks ago, it's a fine ride and I rarely encountered a vehicle.

The single car must have been driven by a sleepy impaired, alcoholic habitual texter or a combination of the three.

EDIT, two minutes ago FB updated with DWI

Then shoot the drunk through the ear holes.

Trump Won!
RDW Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
That is how my dad died, on a motorcycle group ride headed to Houston, drunk driver out near Garden City and legally blind but had a TDL.

Dave

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
We were having a discussion on whether or not ultralight airplanes are dangerous. They are not very dangerous.

Motorcycles are dangerous.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
It wasn't a drunk motorcyclist who hit a vehicle ! !

Tell you anything ?

jwall- *** 3100 guy***

A Flat Trajectory is Never a Handicap

Speed is Trajectory's Friend !!
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Guns Kill People........ Really ?

jwall- *** 3100 guy***

A Flat Trajectory is Never a Handicap

Speed is Trajectory's Friend !!
IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by simonkenton7
We were having a discussion on whether or not ultralight airplanes are dangerous. They are not very dangerous.

Motorcycles are dangerous.

Living is dangerous.

It'll kill ya grave yard dead.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
That is terrible, RIP

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Some years ago I passed a group of TBL riders on 65 north of Montgomery AL. They were riding in the tightest formation I have ever seen.

RIP my brothers and ffuucckk the driver.

MAC Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
This is why I won't ride a bike on the public roads. You can be the safest bike rider on the planet but if a bike and a car fight over the same piece of asphalt the bike will loose every time. Way too many distracted drivers of cars on the road for me to feel safe. Y'all can do what you want but I won't risk it. Seen too many crazy things happen.

You get out of life what you are willing to accept. If you ain't happy, do something about it!
G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Originally Posted by RDW
That is how my dad died, on a motorcycle group ride headed to Houston, drunk driver out near Garden City and legally blind but had a TDL.

Man that sucks, sorry to hear that RDW, and as Paul Barnard said, I've seen entirely too many bike herds riding to close together, may not have been an issue n this case, but it damn sure can, we ride staggered about 40-50 yards apart, me being a snuff dipper, I'm always in the back, no one rides behind a Cope spitter for very long! grin

Trump Won!
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
The one killed that was from Houston was a friend of mine and a close friend of the family. He always came to our family reunions in San Saba. Last time I saw him was in March when he came to the ranch to help clean up before my son’s wedding. RIP Jerry.

RDW Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by BRISTECD
The one killed that was from Houston was a friend of mine and a close friend of the family. He always came to our family reunions in San Saba. Last time I saw him was in March when he came to the ranch to help clean up before my son’s wedding. RIP Jerry.

Damn man, sorry for your loss!

Dave

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by gunner500
Man that sucks, sorry to hear that RDW, and as Paul Barnard said, I've seen entirely too many bike herds riding to close together, may not have been an issue n this case, but it damn sure can, we ride staggered about 40-50 yards apart, me being a snuff dipper, I'm always in the back, no one rides behind a Cope spitter for very long! grin

Again, I dunno how much close formation was a factor either.

One of my motorcycle buddies from the old days was riding in close formation with his wife when their motorcycles collided, she ended up with a permanent brain injury. Riding right up on folks too much of your attention is focused on holding formation.

We always rode staggered formation observing the two-second rule (two seconds behind bike or vehicle in front), made for a far more relaxed riding experience.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by BRISTECD

I am sorry or your loss.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Navejar Ivan Robles 28, of Center Point TX (pop 4,000), driving drunk on a Saturday afternoon.

https://www.hccommunityjournal.com/article_80eb0ea8-c9d6-11ea-9e8f-c7ff0632a42c.html

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

607 members (007FJ, 160user, 10ring1, 10Glocks, 1234, 1beaver_shooter, 54 invisible), 2,327 guests, and 1,201 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,093
Posts18,464,084
Members73,923
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.