Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
My son is certainly more conservative that most people he knows (he lives on the West Coast) but he says we’re making a mistake not backing Antifa because we have a common enemy - corrupt gov’t.

I told him that might be true, but I’ll never turn my back on a commie because I’ll get a knife in it.

GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Nope, both kids were raised and taught to be self reliant, Both are solid conservatives and will be for their entire lives.

My boy would rather slap a liberal than to look at one.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I think my mother is surprised in me. I am not sure why. She taught me not to expect handouts, to work for what I get and to be responsible and accountable, She can not understand why I am not a democrap.

P
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
P
Originally Posted by Wannabebwana
My son is certainly more conservative that most people he knows (he lives on the West Coast) but he says we’re making a mistake not backing Antifa because we have a common enemy - corrupt gov’t.

I told him that might be true, but I’ll never turn my back on a commie because I’ll get a knife in it.

I kinda get his sentiment, but he's simply wrong. The enemy of my enemy can still be my enemy as well. Thats been the hot topic on "libertarian" forums today, and that is the general consensus. F*** those commies, they want big .gov, and now they're getting it.

Edit to add, I'm speaking of the supposed "kidnappings by secret Feds" taking place in the northwest.

Last edited by PeeDeeRiver; 07/20/20.
C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
My adult sons and my grandsons are staunch conservatives....well, one adult son is very libertarian. My stepsons, 17 and 18, are very conservative as, apparently, are most of their friends.

Mathew 22: 37-39

IC B2

Q
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Q
You know I have to laugh...back when I was in college I was a frequent of this group. Different user name as emails etc have changed over the years but I find that funny. I was on the old marlin talk board starting when I was maybe 14 or 15...graybeard outdoors etc.

Always into guns and outdoors. I think I credit that with my beliefs more than anything perhaps

GOD Bless America
P
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
P
Originally Posted by cra1948
My adult sons and my grandsons are staunch conservatives....well, one adult son is very libertarian. My stepsons, 17 and 18, are very conservative as, apparently, are most of their friends.

Doesn't surprise me, I'm a "native" as well, and although I'm a bit older than your grandsons, myself and most of my buddies, as well as guys on the job in the same age bracket fit that description.

N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
Not at all.
My son is just about 15 1/2 and has already had it out with several teachers on their ultra-liberal stances. He's smart enough to keep just inside of 'professional ' and his work is at a level where they can't hurt his grades.
His Trump sticker on his school laptop has drawn some looks travelling, but he cares about strangers ' opinions about as much as I do.

George

�Out of every one hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back.�
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
No, I raised them right.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."
Edmund Burke 1795

"Give me liberty or give me death"
Patrick Henry 1775
E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Not at all.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
IC B3

P
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
P
Originally Posted by renegade50
Originally Posted by PeeDeeRiver

I kinda get his sentiment, but he's simply wrong. The enemy of my enemy can still be my enemy as well. Thats been the hot topic on "libertarian" forums today, and that is the general consensus. F*** those commies, they want big .gov, and now they're getting it.

Edit to add, I'm speaking of the supposed "kidnappings by secret Feds" taking place in the northwest.

Aka : Libertarians

Puzz,s that cherry pick from both sides as long as it dont affect them or their money.

Then cry foul when something affects them.

The same ones during the revolutionary that just rolled over on their backs like a dog for a belly itch whether it was the British or Americans in the area.

Like the ferry boat operator in The Outlaw Josey Wales.......

commonly referred to as swing voters/independants now.

Weasels/sheeple........

JMO.....

By and large, I agree with your sentiments. But there are also plenty of them (us) who are purely concerned with Liberty, IE, the very folks who fought the Revolutionary War.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
The only arch-conservative I got in the next generation is a nephew on my Ex’s side who just graduated high school.

My own son and my nephews on my side are more middle of the road, the sort who decide elections.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
No. My boy knows about responsibility and accountability.

P

OUTSTANDING COMMENT!!

Even birds know not to land downwind!
P
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
P
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
The only arch-conservative I got in the next generation is a nephew on my Ex’s side who just graduated high school.

My own son and my nephews on my side are more middle of the road, the sort who decide elections.

I aint doubting you, but I find it HARD to believe that there is anyone undecided on their vote at this point in America.

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by NH K9
Not at all.
My son is just about 15 1/2 and has already had it out with several teachers on their ultra-liberal stances. He's smart enough to keep just inside of 'professional ' and his work is at a level where they can't hurt his grades.
His Trump sticker on his school laptop has drawn some looks travelling, but he cares about strangers ' opinions about as much as I do.

George

May God bless and keep him and all who are like him.

"The number one problem with America is, a whole lot of people need shot, and nobody is shooting them."
-Master Chief Hershel Davis

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by renegade50

Aka : Libertarians

Puzz,s that cherry pick from both sides as long as it dont affect them or their money.

Then cry foul when something affects them.

The same ones during the revolutionary that just rolled over on their backs like a dog for a belly itch whether it was the British or Americans in the area.

Like the ferry boat operator in The Outlaw Josey Wales.......

commonly referred to as swing voters/independants now.

Weasels/sheeple........

JMO.....

By and large, I agree with your sentiments. But there are also plenty of them (us) who are purely concerned with Liberty, IE, the very folks who fought the Revolutionary War.

I would never compare a libertarian of today to people that fought during the revolutionary war.
That is a huge insult to those Patriots
And putting both into the same context as a comparison is wrong..
Almost sounds like a catch phrase comparison for some to proclaim for relevancy.
To each their own I geuss.
Not trying to slam what you said .
But the analogy is weak.

JMO....

2 words

ROSS PEROT.
The mordern libertarian poster child that got it rolling to this day.
The swing/ independent voter movement really took hold with him

evenone that voted for him...
Got us 8 yrs of clinton and everything associated with that schit show....

Yaayyyy
We Libertarians/Independants got recognized by Perot .
He told us what we wanted to hear, cherry picking down the middle of the row.

Comparable to the fools who voted Camelot in 60 and Great Society in 64 that layed the foundation of todays schit show.
All of those people still alive today who voted for those 3 and throw in Peanut Boy also.

Need to OWN what they caused with their votes.......

Thanks Dikheads........

JMO........

Last edited by renegade50; 07/20/20.
P
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
P
These little l libertarians nowadays are a far cry from that. Most are waaay to the right of the average "conservative",which IMO is too far left currently. No way I'm voting for Jorgenson, their candidate, but if I did, I'd evidently have 3 votes: one for her, one for Trump, and one for Biden. That should tell a thinking man something.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
no

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher

I aint doubting you, but I find it HARD to believe that there is anyone undecided on their vote at this point in America.

The ones where I know how they voted voted against Hillary, these same people thought Obama was not all that bad of a President. Probably as they get older they will turn more Conservative, my own brother has done a 180 in his lifetime.

Young people of all persuasions are notoriously unreliable voters, I’d guess many of my 12 nephews and nieces have yet to vote at all.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
My daughter asked me today about the gov rumors of people being disappeared in Seattle I think it was by unmarked feds. She read it and was on it before I was keen to the news.

lol

I told her like North Korean type chit? lol

She said yeah

We laughed

Then had some ice cream

Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

118 members (300_savage, 6mmCreedmoor, 1_deuce, 257wthbylover, 5sdad, 18 invisible), 1,603 guests, and 945 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,599
Posts18,454,511
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.