Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
G
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
G
Originally Posted by AussieGunWriter
I like any cartridge that increases firearm sales, even if I have no personal interest in said cartridge.

I agree, great perspective AussieGunWriter!

GB1

P
pete53 Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
P
for me i still wish Browning chambered a 338 Win.Mag. S.S. in a BLR with a 22 inch barrel that would a great bear rifle and ammo would be easy to find also.

LIFE NRA , we vote Red up here, Norseman
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Had 5-6 in the past, the Steel 7mm-08 was a favorite, but with Henry making an American built option I have no need for one.

"Don't act like you're not impressed!" (Ron Burgandy)
NRA 4-Life
Americans 4 American Workers .com " I Buy American "
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
To each his own, but to me the 7mm-08 is the perfect round for the BLR. 308 is a great one, too, but the 7mm would take it a bit farther.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I don't see the 6.5 Creedmoor offering on Browning's website. ??

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
And why do you suppose Browning quit making the takedown in the pistol grip version?

P
pete53 Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by Triggernosis

i just put a scoped my 6.5 Creedmoor BLR S.S. and sold the other one also so yep they made some and these 6.5 Creedmoor BLR`,s are nice !

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by pete53
Originally Posted by Triggernosis

i just put a scoped my 6.5 Creedmoor BLR S.S. and sold the other one also so yep they made some and these 6.5 Creedmoor BLR`,s are nice !

Any pictures of your new rifle?

I’m not a Browning BLR guy but I always thought they filled a small niche. For a saddle gun that was fairly trim, chambered in popular cartridges that could reach out there and was meant to be scoped I think the BLR fits the ticket. Of course us gun guys don’t need logic or reason as an excuse to add to our collection so “because I wanted it” is as good of a reason as any to buy another gun. 👍

When I had my shop (FFL) anything that I pre-sold to more than 1 person I ordered more for stock. Limited offerings and chamberings was a no brainer......if I could pre-sell a couple or more there was no question that once they were on the rack they got a lot of looks and usually didn’t last long. With the advent of internet gunbroker type sites there was just no downside to buying extras for stock.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
D
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Once had a .223 BLR, then the model 81. Went down the road.

Don't want another. It shot pretty well, but the trigger is terrible.

And, I will take up for Jorge... cool

Even though I do have a few M-700's, I have one Wby MkV. But, it wears a 7RM Brux barrel in a McWoody Wby Express stock... Sorta Wby, but maybe not so much... grin

DF

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I Wonder why the 7 x 57 or 8 x 57 were not introduced?

Last edited by Angus1895; 08/26/20.

"Shoot low sheriff, I think he's riding a shetland!" B. Wills

IC B3

B
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by Dirtfarmer

Even though I do have a few M-700's, I have one Wby MkV. But, it wears a 7RM Brux barrel in a McWoody Wby Express stock... Sorta Wby, but maybe not so much... grin

DF
Yeah, Browning should put their time into a half way decent trigger pull rather than worrying about what new cartridge to chamber. An exterior finish on wood and metal that didn't flash like a neon sign might be nice too. Course Browning puts that glossy finish on the stock to try to cover for the fact that they use lumber grade wood. Works on lots of people who equate shine with quality

Campfire Tracker
Online Happy
Campfire Tracker
I wouldn't have thought anybody would be Jonesing for a lever gun in 6.5 Creed but apparently it fills a niche. When I think of the 6.5 Creed I think long range bolt gun. OTOH, I wouldnt have thought to build a lever gun in a belted magnum cartridge either but it seems Browning sold a bunch of them. It just seems like 2 different markets, crammed into one package. Different strokes for different folks.
Edit: I agree on the awful trigger. I have a BLR 81 Lightweight in 308 and the trigger pull is 6 lbs.

Last edited by River_Ridge; 08/27/20.

Wag more, bark less.

The freedoms we surrender today will be the freedoms our grandchildren will never know existed.

The men who wrote the Second Amendment didn't just finish a hunting trip, they just finished liberating a nation.
J
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
J
I saw a BLR in 222 REM for sale a few years ago, it sat for awhile before it sold.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The takedowns are kinda interesting, not that I do any traveling. Reports of the crappy triggers are discouraging. Finding one to actually try is pretty iffy around here.

What fresh Hell is this?
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Just saw a blued BLR in 6.5 C $865, that about right ? How much on the stainless ones? MB

" Cheapest velocity in the world comes from a long barrel and I sure do like them. MB "
M
MZ5 Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Where do I find one of these?

I've been asking Browning at various times for 5+ years to make a pistol grip takedown BLR in 6.5 Creedmoor!

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by AussieGunWriter
I like any cartridge that increases firearm sales, even if I have no personal interest in said cartridge.

I'm in this camp. If Browning is making them and they're selling, then it's good for Browning and the shooting sports.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Well I am not the arguing type of hunter. My thought is that this 6.5 Creedmoor has become a favorite for many hunters and perhaps I need to try it as well. Browning's BLR rifle seems ideal for me and my styles of hunting.

Sherwood

FIRE UP THE GRILL - is NOT catch and release!
P
pete53 Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by Blackheart
Originally Posted by Dirtfarmer

DF
Yeah, Browning should put their time into a half way decent trigger pull rather than worrying about what new cartridge to chamber. An exterior finish on wood and metal that didn't flash like a neon sign might be nice too. Course Browning puts that glossy finish on the stock to try to cover for the fact that they use lumber grade wood. Works on lots of people who equate shine with quality

your not exactly right about the wood type my new 6.5 Creedmoor has great looking wood ,i just wish it was satin finished and i might change that to satin.

O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
I want a stainless takedown 35 Whelan. I'm getting rid of a bunch of stuff I don't use and was thinking of a BLR. Im wondering if it could be recorded to 35 Whelan from a 30-06?

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

523 members (204guy, 1936M71, 17CalFan, 160user, 1beaver_shooter, 1_deuce, 44 invisible), 1,819 guests, and 1,057 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,180
Posts18,465,632
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.