Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
I am flat tired of learning stuff today. My Google Fu is all wore out.

And I smiled 'til my cheeks hurts. The ones on my face....geesh!

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

GB1

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Hey gunner at this rate your gonna wear out that old tree. MB

" Cheapest velocity in the world comes from a long barrel and I sure do like them. MB "
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Just wait until his wife kicks his butt for killing her tree. FWIW, you boys that want to try this at home, forget it unless you have s 40 caliber or larger Sharps and a 420 grain or heavier bullet . 338, 300 mag, 7mm mag, 375 H&H need not apply. Just remember that a 577 Nitro Express did not exit out of the bottom of the drum. The big Sharps really is the Real Deal

Last edited by sharpsguy; 07/19/20.
G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
LOL, Thanks for all the google fu leg work Dan, I appreciate it, this will put to rest the 50's inability to penetrate.

Magnum Bob and sharpsguy, that is a pasture tree, those are mine! grin you can also see on the trunk it's a favorite cattle scratching tree, if/when it dies, i'll leave about a 3ft stump so the cows can continue scratching, the rest will be split and burned in the stove ; ]

On a serious note, did anyone notice how much water ran from that barrel from 16 seconds when the bullet hit till around 26 seconds? it had about washed to Wifes little brim pond down the hill, no way in hades could an animal survive a hit like that.

Trump Won!
G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
BTW, I went back to the tree later after the water had ran off, inserted a screwdriver at least a half inch into the oak to find the bullet base, I wanted both bullets back, but chiseling them out would likely kill the tree very soon.

Trump Won!
IC B2

K
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
K
HEY BIG FELLER, I HAVE ONE QUESTION......What is that wusy pad doing on that that buttstock LOL. and don't say you need the extra length of pull. LOL.
Awesome with the results on that barrel just about busting the seems LOL.
I don't think I would use a swimming pool to recover a bullet on the 5 foot shallow end.....Might have to get some flex seal LOL.

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Some years ago the notorious Crossfireoops hosted a Campfire get together out in Sierra Vista and it was a good time for all. One of the more humorous events was Greg's generous offer to let one of the boys shoot his 8 bore caplock.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

He only shot it once.....

I have a short video of that event I'll try to post.

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
HAHAHA Kurt, yes indeed it's mainly the length of pull, I bought that rifle and my little Shiloh 45-70 used, have no idea if they're factory LOP, both wear slip on leather with the appropriate thickness recoil pad inside, when I shoulder a rifle with a good face plant on the buttstock, I don't want to struggle with trying to get behind the front sight, that cures it.

Plus, hard crowding 60 years old, father time may be stealing a bit of sharpness from my eyes, all my other Sharps rifles have no leather or pad on them, they must be factory LOP, I can manage that for clarity so far, that 50 cal 700gr grease groove bullet would let buckets of blood out of a buffalo, and no, I wouldn't test it in a swimming pool either. grin

Trump Won!
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Here ya go....keep an eye on the steel target out there on the 50 yd line.

I am..........disturbed.

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Oh lord, I've only shot 800gr round balls from my 8 bore, that conical must weight twice that, SHEET! I bet it was funny ; ]

Trump Won!
IC B3

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
LOL, knocked the crap out of that 50 yard gong! cool

Trump Won!
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
It were humorous to be sure. The steel he shot was the sheep on the left....went down with a shockingly loud 'klang' like it had been hit by Thor's hammer. Guess on my part, the sheep steel probably weighed 50# or more.

I am..........disturbed.

K
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
K
LOL, You will never get a ringer with that rifle smile

There was a feller that had a 4 bore flint at the Quigley one year and he asked me if I would like to shoot one shot. It was a heavy rifle and he said I will put a light load i it. I think he said 240 gr and the ball was a conical but I forgot the weight. I picked a spot on the crick bank and let it go but I never saw the impact because of the smoke smile

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
holly sh!! tts that slapped that goat down like a lighting bolt,

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Originally Posted by DigitalDan
It were humorous to be sure. The steel he shot was the sheep on the left....went down with a shockingly loud 'klang' like it had been hit by Thor's hammer. Guess on my part, the sheep steel probably weighed 50# or more.

Yes, hard to see/play a movie on this old dinosaur PC, I enlarged and watched it again, could only see the sheeps head the first time, I saw a basket racked 10pt buck go down like that after hitting it with my 8 Bore at 20 yards. grin also heard the KWAAPPP POPP CRACK BWAAATTTT!!! of that ball slapping the chit out of a stand of young planted pines on the other side of that buck! damn funny stuff.

Trump Won!
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

133 members (257 mag, 35, 300jimmy, 44mc, 1eyedmule, 7887mm08, 12 invisible), 1,316 guests, and 834 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,061
Posts18,463,270
Members73,923
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.